Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 09-05-2016, 06:54 AM   #1
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

Curious about a 16 team, 160 game schedule

Don't usually ask for schedules, but I'd like to here:

16 teams, 2 divisions of 8 teams
16 games against divisional foes
6 games against the other division

I am probably using this as part of a 32-team league with identical setups, but it doesn't matter either way.

This is kind of an homage to Front Page Sports Baseball, which had a schedule like that (but it has some strange off day scheduling, which is why I'm not attempting to replicate it myself).

If there are more details you need, let me know. I've just long wondered if a schedule like that could be modernized for OOTP.
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:38 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

I think I have a text file of that particular FPS schedule somewhere...
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:58 AM   #3
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

EDIT: you will probably prefer the one in the next post.

If the old file can not be found I have the following that can easily be converted to your specifications by simply removing two division games and changing the header to be a single subleage with 2 divisions rather than 2 subleagues.

Your request is 112 games in division 48 non division. This schedule is 114 games in division and 48 non division. Where this schedule has 16-17 game per opp. We will just need to make it 16 for all.

# 16 team schedule, 162 games
# Designed for the following configurations:
# 2 leagues, each with 1 division, each with 8 teams
#
# 114 games in the division (57H/57A)
# - 16-17 games against other 7 teams of division
#
# 48 interleague games (24H/24A)
# - 6 games against other 8 teams (3H/3A)
#
# All game times set at 7pm ET
#
#
# All series 3-game or 4-game sets
#
# Offdays only on Mondays and Thursdays, except at All-Star Break.
#
# No more than 20 consecutive days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 14 games
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D1_T8_SL2_D1_T8_c_T16-L114-I48.lsdl (64.6 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by SandMan; 09-06-2016 at 06:15 PM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #4
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

actually I found one with your exact specifications, just modified for 1 subleague. I will post it here and test it in game to make sure it works. The schedule is one I converted from the old format in 2009 so it is very old but may be what you need.

EDIT: Verified in game all teams play 8H/8A against division opponents, 3H/3A against all non division teams.

I will still understand if you want to go with the other file if it is found. Just wanted to throw this one out for you as an option.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G160_SL1_D1_T8_D2_T8_C_T16-D112-N48.lsdl (63.6 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by SandMan; 09-06-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #5
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Hate to hijack this, but just wanted to say I like the work you do with the minor league schedules. I downloaded the text files you have and I am going to start creating the schedules from these for others to use. I did test it out in one of my utilities, with a PCL schedule and can input it into a routine that creates the lsdl file in about 20 minutes. I just really wanted to personally thank you for your work. I look forward to creating some of these files for use in OOTP.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #6
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

The schedule is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks. There are a lot of reasons I like 160 over 162 in that arrangement, and I'm glad I have something with it now.

Next step will be for me to make these myself...
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:20 AM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I do indeed have the Front Page Sports schedule for that league arrangement. I've got several others as well—perhaps not in the most convenient forms at the moment, but certainly they can be worked with and converted to OOTP-compatible format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
Hate to hijack this, but just wanted to say I like the work you do with the minor league schedules. I downloaded the text files you have and I am going to start creating the schedules from these for others to use. I did test it out in one of my utilities, with a PCL schedule and can input it into a routine that creates the lsdl file in about 20 minutes. I just really wanted to personally thank you for your work. I look forward to creating some of these files for use in OOTP.
Don't thank me, thank the schedule makers who made all those schedules for all those minor leagues.

I have some notes on ways you might want to put together schedules into groups based on league alignment, schedule format, and calendar length. For example, for an 8-team league with two 4-team divisions playing 140 games, there have been several different division-weighted formats: 32-12/10; 32/28-12; 28-14; 26/24-16.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #8
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
actually I found one with your exact specifications, just modified for 1 subleague. I will post it here and test it in game to make sure it works. The schedule is one I converted from the old format in 2009 so it is very old but may be what you need.

EDIT: Verified in game all teams play 8H/8A against division opponents, 3H/3A against all non division teams.

I will still understand if you want to go with the other file if it is found. Just wanted to throw this one out for you as an option.
Oh, this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.... only I have TWO 16 team leagues (each with two-8 division teams).

Is it possible to somehow easily turn this into a schedule for 32 teams, with two leagues, no interleague play, two 8 division teams, where they play 8 home and 8 away against each division foe and 3 home and 3 away against the non-division foes in their league?