Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Arena Baseball OOTP13 Quickstart

So...I setup what amounts to an online league setup using the shell of a Arena Baseball setup. I did a lot of testing to get the statistics right, but the league average ERAs are about 14-16 runs, with the scores ranging wildly.

I also did some more modern testing to see if good pitchers could impact things and yes, if you improve the pitching core the league does see alterations in performance.

I have the financial modifiers tweaked way low on purpose to make it feel like it's like a real life independent league with cheap salaries.

So in its current form, it's pretty ready to go. It's a 30-team league with 2 leagues of 15 teams each (3 divisions in each league)

If you're curious, feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

Last edited by darkcloud4579; 02-04-2013 at 09:26 AM.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I'll check it out this weekend and let ya know what I think.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Stromson
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wow, I've seen some insane numbers out of the two seasons I've simulated with this. I think the single season HR record is somewhere around 170-something, and batting average is well above .500. A 42 year old won the Western Conference triple crown in the very first year.

I'm seeing ERA numbers about what you suggested, though a high quality shutdown pitcher seems just as valuable here as it does in the majors (I still see guys go 6-7 innings while only giving up 5-6 runs, which is extremely good in this league). 20+ runs a game seems to be the norm for the winning team, but anything between 5 and 30 runs seems to be fairly average depending on the opposition.

All in all, I'm very impressed. I haven't jumped in to manage yet, but I'm just enjoying watching the score lines.
Stromson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromson View Post
Wow, I've seen some insane numbers out of the two seasons I've simulated with this. I think the single season HR record is somewhere around 170-something, and batting average is well above .500. A 42 year old won the Western Conference triple crown in the very first year.

I'm seeing ERA numbers about what you suggested, though a high quality shutdown pitcher seems just as valuable here as it does in the majors (I still see guys go 6-7 innings while only giving up 5-6 runs, which is extremely good in this league). 20+ runs a game seems to be the norm for the winning team, but anything between 5 and 30 runs seems to be fairly average depending on the opposition.

All in all, I'm very impressed. I haven't jumped in to manage yet, but I'm just enjoying watching the score lines.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad someone is enjoying it!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

I revisited this league tonight after some time away. The hardest thing I had a problem with in this file was striking the right balance. It occurred to me tonight thought that by making the pitching a lot better, diminishing the role that relievers and closers played and increasing stamina and drastically improving those pitchers that you'd end up with a league that more closely resembled baseball as we know.

Also shortening the season. So I went with a 32-team league with 42-game schedule and now the stats make a lot more sense, the best pitchers have ERAs in the 2s and 3s as opposed to the 7s and best hitters will hit .700+ and maybe hit 50+ HRs, but at least it makes it easier to evaluate talent.

I also turned overall rating off, because in a league like this, it's really hard to evaluate that and I'd rather just look at stats and see what we have there.

The end result is a much more enjoyable league, though.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #6
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Out of curiousity is the an updated template for this? I'd be curious to see how this compares to the variant that I had created.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Despite the original title, this Quickstart is indeed for OOTP13.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

I am creating an updated version of this right now, though, with my changes. I feel like it plays better now than it used to.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Here's the updated version of this Quickstart.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
mike1990
Minors (Single A)

For some reason, I cannot get the quickstart to work. It says it can't load the world file. Any idea why?
mike1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1990 View Post
For some reason, I cannot get the quickstart to work. It says it can't load the world file. Any idea why?

I've been interested in creating a league with a shorter season (82G or 66G)
but have stats that look similar to a 162G schedule. From your file it appears that you edited the traditional player creation modifiers and the sabermetric player creation modifiers. No changes to the league total modifiers. Is that correct? What would you suggest that I tweak? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Last edited by GiantYankee; 02-20-2013 at 07:21 PM.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
mike1990
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
I didn't have an issue. Did you unzip the file into the quick start folder?
Pretty sure I did. I'll give it another shot.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #13
mike1990
Minors (Single A)

Still can't get it to work. When I try to load it through quickstart, it says it can't load the world.dat file. I dont really know what else to try.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #14
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Any ideas:
I've been interested in creating a league with a shorter season (82G or 66G)
but have stats that look similar to a 162G schedule. From your file it appears that you edited the traditional player creation modifiers and the sabermetric player creation modifiers. No changes to the league total modifiers. Is that correct? What would you suggest that I tweak? Thanks for any insight you can provide.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote