Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation OOTP 12 Patch Build 23 available - Fixes online league issues

Hey guys!

Important: This patch only fixes issues with online leagues and is only necessary for commishes/users whose online league use the scouting system! Everybody else, you do not need to download this patch.

There were issues with online leagues (long loading times and scouting budget problems when importing team files) that needed immediate intention. The problem is that Andreas is on vacation, so I am currently not able to compile a proper patch build.

However, I was able to compile a new PC .exe file, which you can download here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/down...12-Build23.zip

To install it, simply download the file and unzip it into your OOTP12 folder (likely C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 12), replacing the old OOTP12.exe file.

There is no Mac build available until Andreas returns from vacation in 9 days.

The problems in the league files will get automatically fixed when you load the league with the new patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys. Proper patch / update files will be made available once Andreas is back.

Have a good weekend!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
tward13
All Star Starter

Thank you
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

To be clear, freezing during DLing is happening in non-scouting leagues as well. This patch will take care of the problem?
TPinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPinrose View Post
To be clear, freezing during DLing is happening in non-scouting leagues as well. This patch will take care of the problem?
That might be a different issue if you are seeing a freezing while downloading without scouting turned on. The reported issue that this patch deals with is for leagues that have scouting turned on the file takes a long time to open and hangs at 15%. (This is noticed after downloading the league file, once the download is fully complete and it starts to load the league file and hangs).

If this does not describe your issue, or the patch doesn't resolve your problem, feel free to PM me and I can take a look at your issue/league file to see if I can find anything. The way you describe it (download hanging) is an issue I have not heard of yet.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
almo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys!

Important: This patch only fixes issues with online leagues and is only necessary for commishes/users whose online league use the scouting system! Everybody else, you do not need to download this patch.

There were issues with online leagues (long loading times and scouting budget problems when importing team files) that needed immediate intention. The problem is that Andreas is on vacation, so I am currently not able to compile a proper patch build.

However, I was able to compile a new PC .exe file, which you can download here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/down...12-Build23.zip

To install it, simply download the file and unzip it into your OOTP12 folder (likely C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 12), replacing the old OOTP12.exe file.

The problems in the league files will get automatically fixed when you load the league with the new patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys. Proper patch / update files will be made available once Andreas is back.

Have a good weekend!
Markus
Hello Markus and thank you. This is for anyone including markus that can answer. Markus said "I was able to compile a new PC .exe file".....are commishes that utilize a mac included on this update? Thanks for the answer in advance!

Almo
almo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
MikeyB
Minors (Double A)

This appears to have fixed our issue with hanging at 15%. I'm also able to import teams again without crashing, allthough it did take almost 15 min to complete. Thanks to everyone who worked on this issue and got it fixed for us!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by almo View Post
Hello Markus and thank you. This is for anyone including markus that can answer. Markus said "I was able to compile a new PC .exe file".....are commishes that utilize a mac included on this update? Thanks for the answer in advance!

Almo
Unfortunately, Andreas is needed for the mac builds. So this patch is only possible currently for the PC users. Commishes that use a mac will get the patch once it is available, but it will have to be a little longer for that.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
HustlinOwl
Minors (Single A)

hell yes, thank you working perfectly
HustlinOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
huskerdan25
Major Leagues

I can confirm that this fixes the issue with leagues not using scouting!
huskerdan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #10
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Nothing to see here. I'll go finish my breakfast.

pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #11
almo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Unfortunately, Andreas is needed for the mac builds. So this patch is only possible currently for the PC users. Commishes that use a mac will get the patch once it is available, but it will have to be a little longer for that.
Fair enough....do we have a turnaround time for this?...just so i could let my league know whats going on.

Thanks a bunch.
almo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by almo View Post
Fair enough....do we have a turnaround time for this?...just so i could let my league know whats going on.

Thanks a bunch.
Based on Markus's note, i would expect some time shortly after Andreas gets back. So maybe give an extra day or two just in case and say some point in the next two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

Have a good weekend!
Markus
Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #13
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

dl file still shows build 22 not 23

I tried the usual way with both winrar and winzip

does not work

tried to drag and drop the file into OOTP12 folder still won't load

What is different abot this patch

my game still shows build 22 when i open it.
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #14
Rebington
Minors (Single A)

great, thanks for such a quick fix...
Rebington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #15
mavericktango
Major Leagues

I can't d/l it. windows 7 just says http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/down...12-Build23.zip can't be downloaded?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #16
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavericktango View Post
I can't d/l it. windows 7 just says http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/down...12-Build23.zip can't be downloaded?
Did you click on the link or just type it out by hand? The full URL is not being shown there, so if you type it exactly like that, it won't send you to the right place.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #17
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavericktango View Post
The original link is working. Maybe you want to try again. The one in your post doesn't because it's missing some info. Copy and paste does that at times in the forum.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #18
sdodd
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdan25 View Post
I can confirm that this fixes the issue with leagues not using scouting!

Good to know, thanks Dan!!
sdodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #19
GWUlery
Minors (Single A)

Is this a patch that all members of a league need to be on, or will it work if just the Commish updates. We have a league that is mixed Win/Mac and I don't want to make an update that will cut off half the league.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #20
sdodd
Major Leagues

another confirmation that it did indeed work with the 15% freeze issue

Edit: Also can confirm that it corrected the export issue. My export has now went from 14,000,000kb, back down to the normal size of 114,000kb. So Mikey B, once your GM's get this patch and export, the exports will be back to the regular size. If you look at the exports that they have been sending, they are really big and that's why it took you 15 minutes to import

Last edited by sdodd; 08-12-2011 at 09:04 PM.
sdodd is offline   Reply With Quote