Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 06-28-2019, 06:37 PM   #1
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Can't Find Historical Photos

XX is the first OOTP I've owned since a brief outing with OOTP X. I like to play historic leagues, typically early 20th century. I don't really like FaceGen for historic leagues and prefer to use real player photos. After scouring my archives I've come to the conclusion that I no longer have the hundreds, maybe thousands, of player photos I used to have. Is there anywhere I can get historic face packs? I've spent the last 30 minutes searching forums and Google results only to come up with nothing. It's probably right in front of my face somewhere, but sometimes the Internet is just not user-friendly.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
...Is there anywhere I can get historic face packs? I've spent the last 30 minutes searching forums and Google results only to come up with nothing. It's probably right in front of my face somewhere, but sometimes the Internet is just not user-friendly.
You can download the Facepack, updated through the start of 2017, via the links in my signature line.
Download Facepack & more at tnfoto's Baseball Photos Homepage
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion
tnfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:50 PM   #3
Wrathchild
Banned

Awesome! Thanks for that! That will keep me from being too upset over the loss of my files.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:05 AM   #4
Wrathchild
Banned

So I extracted all the directories under the PHOTOS folder. Will the game find them since they are all in subdirectories based on debut year? I can't seem to get to populate in the game.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:34 AM   #5
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Bulk dump them into the folder "photos". Not sure where it is on Wintel or Linux. On a Mac, it's in your OOTP folder in Application Support.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:03 AM   #6
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Facepack Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfoto View Post
You can download the Facepack, updated through the start of 2017, via the links in my signature line.
It is high time that an updated version of the facepack is produced that at least is effective at the end of the 2018 season. Cinemaoddysey has substantially demonstrated that he has been working towards the production of an updated facepack. If you are either unwilling or unable to produce a new facepack may I submit that you should hand over the baton and step aside and support him in this endeavour. This standard was set by all your predecessors that resulted in at least one updated version of the facepack per year and allowed you to take over the role. Your impact in the role has been significant in may ways most notably in the production of facepacks for managers, coaches and umpires, a significant achievement. Please allow your reputation to be based on innovation and diligence. In the same way that justice delayed is justice denied, if a facepack is not maintained and becomes obsolete it loses its purpose. There is an urgent requirement for an individual who is enthusiastic in respect of the production of the facepack.

Last edited by UKBaseballfan; 06-29-2019 at 03:14 AM.
UKBaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:14 PM   #7
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

Tnfoto and I have spoken briefly about the production of the Facepack. While there are still some issues to be ironed out, the fact of the matter is that I have been working diligently on a thoroughly revised edition since last July.
A couple things to note: All players who have debuted since the last update are ready to go. I completed these players first.

Second, since Tnfoto's Facepack is thorough and comprehensive, I am going through each and every player to ensure there are no updated images available. All 19,578 of them. This means that patience is needed while this arduous project is underway as it essentially coincides with occupying my spare time.

Rest assured I am working on it!
cinemaodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:40 PM   #8
Ctrane
Hall Of Famer

Here's another option for players by debut year starting in 1871.
There are also Negro League players here as well.

https://lendurr.tumblr.com/archive
Ctrane is offline   Reply With Quote