Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:23 AM   #1
AaD88
Major Leagues

Two minor league options used in one month

Uploaded file: "ABL_option_glitch.zip"

I commish a league in which we have had rare issues of players running out of options after two ML seasons. It seems very similar to the issue described here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=266380

I found some information in an old post here, which has helped me target Spring Training as the issue. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...0&postcount=11

This is what I'm finding:
1) "Player" was added to 40-man over the offseason (i.e. to protect from Rule 5)
2) "Player" is added to the active roster, either manually before Spring Training, or automatically at the first ST day
3) "Player" is demoted during Spring Training
4) "Player" uses one option after one day in minors (makes sense), but loses an additional option once the schedule turns over to Opening Day

I guess I'm most curious if this is an issue with my file and if it is replicatable in other files? I am at a loss as to what is going on.

(File was pulled from backup before Spring Training. Commissioner p/w has been removed)
AaD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:14 PM   #2
AaD88
Major Leagues

I have more information:

Midway through Spring Training (in my file, March 11th), something seems to reset. Up at the top bar, it says "Clearing Schedule." At this point, any 40-man players that had been demoted earlier in Spring Training simply see an additional minor league option vanish.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:44 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes, it seems like when the minor league calendar rolls around, we may be resetting the option status of players accidentally. We'll look to fix that in the future.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #4
67 Red Sox
Bat Boy

Automatic 40 Man Roster Movement

Not sure if this fits this thread, but ......

Had three low minor league players AUTOMATICALLY moved to my 40 Man Roster when Spring Training began. They are still on a minor league contract. I did not move them and the Commish of our league does not know why this is happening. All of my managerial settings are set to me .... none to AI.

Is this happening to anyone else?? What can be done to prevent it from happening?
67 Red Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
AaD88
Major Leagues

I'd just like to be a bug in the ear and say that this is still an issue with OOTP XX. If 40-man players are demoted from ST roster before minor league seasons reset, they will lose 2 options.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
TheOldBay
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yes, it seems like when the minor league calendar rolls around, we may be resetting the option status of players accidentally. We'll look to fix that in the future.
The future apperantly isn’t the next version and several patches of the game... lmao. Glad to hear customer service is just lip service if it doesn’t effect the bottom line. Hope this thread doesn’t get shut down for the potential to get ugly
TheOldBay is offline   Reply With Quote