Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-31-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

D321 Season 5

Louisville Colonels here... repeating fourth grade after a disappointing 78-84 finish in season 4. The competition looks good again this year with some teams that I recognize from S4-D306. Welcome to all and I hope to hear about your teams and your journey so far.

I upgraded my pitching during the brief off-season. Randy Johnson (97) replaces Dizzy Dean at the top of the rotation. John Smoltz (96) has temporarily pushed Bob Gibson to the reserve roster. I addressed my bullpen weakness by adding Satchel Paige and Mark Eichhorn. I am not sure all of that is enough but I want to evaluate the current staff for a while before making more changes.

The offense needs some help in spots also, but my team is built on balance with emphasis on run prevention. I can't afford to spend more resources on the offense until I get my pitching under control.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

Holliston Homers checking in. We were held back after facing all of the Teams of Death in Gold .301, but managed to recover from the humiliation of that season to win the world series 4-2.

I think my pitching is fairly solid; I'd like to see some boosts to both my offense and defense at this point, but that's going to be expensive.
absurddoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:08 PM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurddoctor View Post
Holliston Homers checking in. We were held back after facing all of the Teams of Death in Gold .301, but managed to recover from the humiliation of that season to win the world series 4-2.

I think my pitching is fairly solid; I'd like to see some boosts to both my offense and defense at this point, but that's going to be expensive.
Indeed, your pitching is very strong with Kershaw as a setup man!
Old 12-31-2018, 03:21 PM   #4
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Indeed, your pitching is very strong with Kershaw as a setup man!
The ability use starters as relievers the entire season is fun.

I confess to being confused about how to handle so many quality pitchers, so I generally let the AI assign roles. I picked up Scherzer from a pack relatively late last season, and the AI first wanted to move Kevin Brown, then Spud Chandler to the setup position, which seemed insane. Once it chose to move Kershaw there I let it since stats-wise he was towards the bottom of my rotation at the time.
absurddoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #5
Thalion
Major Leagues

Orcin, it’s early but you’re doing real well. The competition seems to be toned down quite a bit from last season.

Thalion - Walnut Creek Geezers
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:25 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Yes, the Colonels are off to a great start in both leagues. I have been in the same conference with Five Solas before though, and it never ends well.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:55 PM   #7
EvvCat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yes, the Colonels are off to a great start in both leagues. I have been in the same conference with Five Solas before though, and it never ends well.
Wow. Just checked in and it's a good time to be a Colonel!

Don't expect it to last for my guys though. I'll get back to paying closer attention and managing them in a day or two. That should bring us back to earth.
EvvCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:05 PM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evvcat View Post
i'll get back to paying closer attention and managing them in a day or two. That should bring us back to earth.
lol
Old 01-01-2019, 04:28 AM   #9
ElementalKnight
Minors (Single A)

Gold Saucer Wonder Squares here. Happy to be here as a free-to-play player, but getting hammered so far. My hitting can't remain as bad as it's been, so I'm hoping to push to be around .500.

Also, good luck to you in our games tomorrow! You've certainly had our number so far. Your pitching has been overwhelming.

Last edited by ElementalKnight; 01-01-2019 at 04:49 AM.
ElementalKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #10
Thalion
Major Leagues

Morug, stop beating up on old Geezers! For shame!
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #11
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Goooo Orcin, How are you doing my friend? Are the Colonels still going strong?
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #12
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Goooo Orcin, How are you doing my friend? Are the Colonels still going strong?
We are 37-26, leading the NC West by five games. We were in a slump late yesterday but pulled out of it nicely.

I was pounding the AH hard for a first baseman over the past few days without any luck. Lo and behold this morning, someone put up a diamond George Sisler for 33K. I pounced on it about two minutes after it was listed and I am sure the seller was thinking he should have set a higher BIN.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #13
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We are 37-26, leading the NC West by five games. We were in a slump late yesterday but pulled out of it nicely.

I was pounding the AH hard for a first baseman over the past few days without any luck. Lo and behold this morning, someone put up a diamond George Sisler for 33K. I pounced on it about two minutes after it was listed and I am sure the seller was thinking he should have set a higher BIN.
Way to go my friend. George is a GREAT pick up. Keep that lead ....
Old 01-03-2019, 02:41 AM   #14
ElementalKnight
Minors (Single A)

After an unsustainably bad day one, we've had an unsustainably good day two and three. Somehow Wilbur Wood was the league pitcher of the month. We're 5 games back of Orcin, but given how much better his team is (and his record against me), and the fact that all but one divisional team is markedly better than mine, it's hard to imagine making a push. I'm just going to enjoy this snapshot in time.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #15
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalKnight View Post
After an unsustainably bad day one, we've had an unsustainably good day two and three. Somehow Wilbur Wood was the league pitcher of the month. We're 5 games back of Orcin, but given how much better his team is (and his record against me), and the fact that all but one divisional team is markedly better than mine, it's hard to imagine making a push. I'm just going to enjoy this snapshot in time.
Come on , Go give Orcin a run for his money. We don’t want him getting a big head. He is bad enough now.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:00 AM   #16
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Come on , Go give Orcin a run for his money. We don’t want him getting a big head. He is bad enough now.
Don't worry... you guys took care of that last year when you rolled over me to the tune of a 78-84 record and made me repeat fourth grade. I guess For The Horde Timi is done since he sold off his team and tanked, but the rest of you still intimidate me.

Gold Saucer (ElementalKnight) is right on my heels, going 9-1 in the last 10, so I am too concerned about my current season to worry about you whales right now though.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:38 PM   #17
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Don't worry... you guys took care of that last year when you rolled over me to the tune of a 78-84 record and made me repeat fourth grade. I guess For The Horde Timi is done since he sold off his team and tanked, but the rest of you still intimidate me.

Gold Saucer (ElementalKnight) is right on my heels, going 9-1 in the last 10, so I am too concerned about my current season to worry about you whales right now though.
Keep winning my friend. I miss playing with you. Not only do you teach me a lot but you put me back in my place when I think I learned it .
Old 01-03-2019, 04:37 PM   #18
ElementalKnight
Minors (Single A)

Record vs. divisional opponents at the All Star Break: 16-27
Record vs. literally everyone else: 33-18

Just Wonder Squares things.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #19
Crash
Minors (Rookie Ball)

either yesterday or the day before our HMB Cougars were 12 games over .500 with a several game lead. Now we are 47-49 and 7.5 Games behind Riverside Phantoms.

Transitioning to an All-Giants team, it seems once Bobby Thomson was brought in the team has turned to sh--

Riverside on a tear, big props to them.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #20
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalKnight View Post
Record vs. divisional opponents at the All Star Break: 16-27
Record vs. literally everyone else: 33-18
I can relate. I am 9-3 against you, and 8-1 against Pottsville (a 37-59 team)... but I am only 35-38 against the rest of the league.

Edit: But it is my 26-14 record against the division that has me in first place.

Last edited by Orcin; 01-03-2019 at 05:13 PM.