Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 01-02-2019, 01:35 PM   #61
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Fort Wayne Pistons

From Falstaff Field come the Pistons, one of the final cities to be awarded a franchise in the CBL's expansive major league. I maintained a familiar color scheme for the underwhelming baseball version of the Pistons, making use of a great Detroit basketball concept from another website to create the logos and uniforms. Fort Wayne may not be the first place one thinks of when they think of cars, but the city does have a significant history with automotive production—enough, at least, to merit the name.

TrapperJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #62
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Indianapolis Sonics

The well-balanced Sonics of Anthem Park borrow liberally (okay... steal) from Low's sensational Indianapolis Chargers concept; all I did was resize the hat logos to match my preference and pick and choose images to suit the team name I had always paired with a city known for supersonic speeds. I tried not to do a ton of straight-up pilfering of other people's work while putting this league together, but sometimes another creator just exceeds your own vision, you know? Big ups, Low. Big ups.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #63
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Pontiac Mustangs

How many more auto references can fit into one division? At least one more, as the Pontiac Mustangs were too perfect a fit to ignore (even if Pontiac had less strong of a case to host a team than other cities that were ultimately left in the lurch). This team, which plays at Woodward Avenue Park, has been super-bad in my league despite an all-star center fielder and decent talent up the middle. Cool uniforms, though, right? I hope that they will make some of your minor leagues a little sharper.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #64
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Toledo Tribe

The last team in the Great Lakes Division has one of my favorite identities, which I adapted from the Indiana Tribe of Daniel Saline's terrific USBL project. I had hoped to avoid relying on Native American team names, but this one (and another to come later) felt both respectful and true to the history of the region—enough so to replace my original name for this team (the Bullfrogs) and overcome my usual attitude toward non-plural team names (the Tribe join the Long Island Express, the Brampton Thunder, the Pittsburgh Ironmen, and six other yet-to-be-revealed teams from among my 192 to sport either singular nouns or plurals that don't end in an 's'). The Tribe play at Owens Corning Park, and have finally come on strong after several years in the basement.

With that, the Great Lakes Division is concluded, and we are... one quarter of the way through. Thanks for indulging me, and I hope folks are getting some use out of this—once I get my minor leagues in a more presentable shape (ugh), I'll try to figure out how to share this as a quickstart for anyone interested. Up next: the Eastern League's Liberty Division.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:59 PM   #65
kjb023
Major Leagues

Definitely getting some use outta this, thanks!
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #66
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

I would definitely like to see this whole collection posted. In fact this comment is a place marker so I can remember where I need to start downloading from!

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:54 PM   #67
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Baltimore King Crabs

The first team in the Liberty Division is the Baltimore King Crabs, a name I settled on years ago in search of a nice-looking identity. Once again, I leaned on Low, adapting his awesome artwork to crown these crabs. Baltimore, which plays at Thurgood Marshall Park, has been a weaker team in the division, but with the best catcher prospect in the league things could soon change.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #68
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Binghamton Jackals

Don't ask me why this name works—but it just seemed to click for me as a decent fit for a seemingly nondescript town (and I'm happy with how this clean, simple uniform set came out). The pride of western New York is a dark horse contender every year, sporting two legit aces and filling NYSEG Stadium with long balls.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:02 PM   #69
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Bowie Thoroughbreds

Bowie is probably a surprising town to have secured one of the 192 clubs, but I liked the idea of a few smaller locales being grandfathered into the mix (a la the Green Bay Packers). The Thoroughbreds of Jericho Park are named in honor of Maryland's rich horse racing history, and they've been a fun team—fast, high scoring, wretched defense, lots of runs all around—though not terribly successful.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #70
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Really nice work on these!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #71
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Chesapeake Bayhawks

From Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland, the Chesapeake Bayhawks are one of the few teams in the league with a name that doesn't align precisely with their home city—the flow of the Chesapeake Bay won out on that front. I wanted a combo of black and electric blue for this squad, and after some weaker iterations ended up happy with how this set came out. Unfortunately, the Bayhawks have not been nearly as electric on the field—another lost franchise in the East.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #72
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Harrisburg Senators

Do the AA Harrisburg Senators still exist? I refuse to Google it to find out, preferring instead to recapture their color scheme as I remember it from youth. I always liked this real-life pairing of city (well... town) and team name, which conjures up an old school, early baseball vibe for me for some reason. These Senators, who play at IBM Park, are routinely pretty decent, with few good power and average bats making up for some perennial holes in the lineup.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:24 PM   #73
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Philadelphia Spirits

We're back in the big city with the Spirits, who play sometimes-serviceable baseball at Colonial Penn Stadium (most of the larger-city teams tend to perform better than their smaller counterparts, for some reason—not so for Philly). I adapted this identity from Daniel Saline's USBL's Philadelphia Liberty, preferring the still-meh Spirits name to one that struck me as a bit too amateurish (plus it captures the 'Spirit of '76). If I ever come up with a better name for this Philly squad, this is a prime candidate for a rebrand.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #74
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Reading Keystones

From one Monopoly railroad to another, we're on to Carpenter Park in little Reading—another hardscrabble PA town that makes the league on romantic historical grounds. I've always loved 'Keystones' as an underused, regionally-perfect team name; it's true to the place, unclaimed in any major sport, and suggests quiet, implacable strength without having to be another freaking Tiger or Eagle. These Keystones are quietly strong, too—after the alphabetically-last team yet to be revealed, they have tended to battle with Binghamton as the second-best squad in the Liberty Division.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #75
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
The Harrisburg Senators

Do the AA Harrisburg Senators still exist? I refuse to Google it to find out, preferring instead to recapture their color scheme as I remember it from youth.
Yes the franchise still exists today, though it is counted as a separate franchise from the earlier one that existed from 1893–1952.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #76
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Scranton Volts

Live from Mohegan Park in Scranton (*what?!*), the Electric City... it's the Volts. Among the worst-performing teams in the league, I settled on a Pittsburgh Pirates-esque look for the Volts after adapting and recoloring a 'Voltage' wordmark from the SportsLogos forums.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:47 PM   #77
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Syracuse Emeralds

Until recently known as the Archers, I opted for a change after discovering that Syracuse once billed itself as 'the Emerald City' (take that, Seattle). A great Emeralds basketball set called out to me for adaptation, and while the look and feel still screams Seattle, it's up to Syracuse to make it their own. This squad plays at NBT Bank Stadium and, like Scranton before them, is a perennial cellar-dweller.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #78
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Washington Sentinels

From Drew Park in our nation's capital come the Sentinels, sporting a vaguely patriotic nickname and a classic red, white, & blue identity (with a little homage to the DC flag on their home sleeves). This DC squad plays .500 ball on a good day without doing anything remarkably well.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #79
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Wheeling Spurs

Every state gets at least one team in the CBL, and West Virginia's calls Wherle Park in Wheeling home. The Spurs have belonged to San Antonio (and, I guess, Tottenham?) for too long; I'd long looked for a good city fit for this top-notch name, and rough-and-tumble Wheeling fit the bill. These Spurs are one of the better teams in the division, with regular all-stars in right field and at second base to go along with a nice supporting cast.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #80
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Wilmington Yellow Jackets

The final team in the Liberty Division is also its best—Delaware's lone entrant in the CBL, the Wilmington Yellow Jackets. With the league's top pitcher and a lineup full of pop, the team from Frawley Stadium looks like a bumblebee and stings like a...nother bumblebee. With the Liberty Division wrapped, we're ready to head south to the Eastern League's Dixie Division next.