Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:37 PM   #101
garion333
Minors (Double A)

I don't know where to post it so I'm gonna post it here. Infographics are awesome and the fact more text based sports sims haven't embraced them is beyond me.

For FOF, this would be awesome:

I would love to see more info about teams, players, plays, results, etc. I can pull some info out of the game and throw it into a spreadsheet in a very elementary way, but I'm sure others could manage something like the above. Wouldn't it be neat if the game did it for you.

Edit: This is where that image came from: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/...1/2018/6/carry

Last edited by garion333; 10-16-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #102
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

The college game included is what I’m really hoping for
Old 10-23-2018, 04:38 AM   #103
d9rat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I know, I know, this might be hopelessly naive but I would love for their to be the opportunity to simultaneously have both the NFL and CFL running at the same time.

Like the international leagues in OOTP, FHM, Football Manager, etc.

Heck, even just the option of having a CFL, regardless of simultaneous leagues, would be fantastic!

Last edited by d9rat; 10-23-2018 at 04:39 AM. Reason: remove title
Old 10-28-2018, 12:48 AM   #104
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Probably my eyes
Old 10-28-2018, 01:52 PM   #105
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9rat View Post
I know, I know, this might be hopelessly naive but I would love for their to be the opportunity to simultaneously have both the NFL and CFL running at the same time.

Like the international leagues in OOTP, FHM, Football Manager, etc.

Heck, even just the option of having a CFL, regardless of simultaneous leagues, would be fantastic!
Plus I would like the ability to expand into the USA.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #106
ezlee2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The only thing I'd like to see return is the ability to resign players after the season starts. I totally understand why Jim removed it in FOF8, but IMO this was one of the worst things that ever happened to the game. Other than that, I can pretty much live with anything.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:24 AM   #107
AlexB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Fired up FOF8 after the update, and reminded my self of one of the small frustrations with the game as currently is: there is no way of filtering FAs by stats, only ratings.

In a game where performance is as important as ability, i really hope that sorting by last season & career stats is part of the new game
Old 11-16-2018, 11:16 AM   #108
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Ideally I would like a game modeled after the 1990's version of the NFL, vs what it has become today.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #109
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox000 View Post
Ideally I would like a game modeled after the 1990's version of the NFL, vs what it has become today.
I’d like to see this become customizable, so that you could adjust settings for any type of statistical output for any given era...past, present or future. I don’t know if this type of customization would work with Jim’s engine though.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #110
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Having just watched Odell Beckham toss his second TD pass of the season, I want Option Passes added to the game.

I've asked for this feature since the second iteration of the game, and we are long past the point where it should have been added.

What do want?

OPTION PASSES!

When do we want them?

NOW!
Old 12-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #111
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

And the Bears just tied the game with another HB-option pass to tie the game.

So that is 3 of these in one game.

If you play a 100-year career in FOF, you can't even have one.

Time to change.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #112
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Online league implementation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-03-2018, 10:54 PM   #113
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion333 View Post
I don't know where to post it so I'm gonna post it here. Infographics are awesome and the fact more text based sports sims haven't embraced them is beyond me.

For FOF, this would be awesome:

I would love to see more info about teams, players, plays, results, etc. I can pull some info out of the game and throw it into a spreadsheet in a very elementary way, but I'm sure others could manage something like the above. Wouldn't it be neat if the game did it for you.

Edit: This is where that image came from: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/...1/2018/6/carry
Honestly. To anyone who has ever played a FOF game, the interface whilst simulating a game already meshes well with the OOTP/FHM interface and reminds me a lot of early OOTP.

The want for a "3D" match engine like FM seems like a pipe dream to me (atleast for now, OOTP is finally 3d done right in 2019 after so many years) but the best step towards actually having a well done football sim that fully takes advantage of the work Jim has put in over the years would be these types of infographics. It'd be amazing to be able to look at how well your rookie, first pick QB did throughout the game presented well.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #114
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

I just want some kind of league customization, though maybe not in the way of reducing or expanding the NFL but making leagues outside of the USA. I love the fact I can make a UK league in OOTP or FHM that has a lower ability at the sport and see them try to thrive until that one talent appears and eventually makes his way overseas.

I also like the idea of making the CFL, even if it doesn't have the CFL rules (which are unique but probably would be VERY frustrating, especially with how hard FOF is already.) Just that alone would expand the possibilities so much, imagine being a CFL team and hiring Kaepernick or some other QB who has been struggling on the free agency, maybe someone less controversial but still with such a huge high like Tebow, you'd also live out these ideas that would never happen irl.

Last edited by campinginalaska; 12-04-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:11 PM   #115
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

just fix defense please, it's so broken!
Old 12-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #116
FlexD
Minors (Double A)

I would like to see a practice squad added for each team.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #117
Postman
Major Leagues

The biggest omission in FOF is special teams. There are three phases to football, and Jim's only covering two in detail.

Sent from my LG-LK460 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #118
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
The biggest omission in FOF is special teams. There are three phases to football, and Jim's only covering two in detail.

Sent from my LG-LK460 using Tapatalk

This is not an accurate assumption. Every player (except QBs and o-linemen) has a special teams bar rating. And there are methods in FOF 8 to optimize special teams. My teams typically are in the top 5 in return yardage and return coverage. Prior versions previously allowed you to select your gunners (which was removed in FOF 8). But the game engine appears to pick the highest rated players eligible for ST play, so performance is not impacted.

Last edited by TribeFan19; 12-21-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:24 PM   #119
rhaums
Minors (Single A)

I really wanna do a college based league, and in my mind the main things needed for that is custom playoffs, and the ability to create other bowls that aren't playoff games.

Things like ranking and recruiting can always be done externally.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #120
noseonarug17
Bat Boy

I certainly don't expect too much in the first iteration - league customization would be plenty - but I'd be surprised if the ultimate goal wasn't to be able to have the NFL/NCAA leagues running side by side. OOTP has a complex minors system, and the option to include college leagues. So to me, it seems like an obvious solution, and it would make drafting much better. Rankings and recruiting might start out less fleshed out and less interesting to actually play at first, of course. But I would guess they'll add CFB in the second or third iteration as more of an accessory, then flesh it out in the following versions.