Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #1
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Which San Jose is the Costa Rican?

When I enter a city name for my San Jose Costa Rica team (team settings/city-search), two identical entries appear in the returned selection list:
"San Jose, San Jose" <with the international characters>
and
"San Jose, San Jose" <with the international characters>
along with other San Jose entries, distinguishable by state as not the one I am looking for.

I am not able to distinguish which of the two "San Jose, San Jose" entries is actually the Capital and largest city in Costa Rica as opposed to some other city. I picked the first in the list, hoping that was correct. It seems significant regarding hometown heroes and market considerations.

Can anyone inform me for sure which "San Jose, San Jose" to use to properly represent Costa Rica?

Last edited by jmknpk2; 08-03-2017 at 04:44 PM.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:04 PM   #2
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Found some information in this 2013 thread (whose suggested corrections I assume have already been incorporated in the world data file). But not enough information to help me choose (can't see ID #70715) in the City selection list.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ose+costa+rica
Old 08-03-2017, 05:07 PM   #3
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

My guess is it is mistakenly in the database twice and they are otherwise identical. You can go to the explore world and go to costa rica and check. There it should list the coordinates and such to verify the cities.
slugger922cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

I can see the latitude and longitude in the world database (explore world); but that pertains to the city and not any specific team's city. I have not yet found a way to see the latitude and longitude for the city I chose for a specific team (confirming I go the right one). I looked at the Ballpark data for my Costa Rican team, which shows longitude and latitude; but they are zero for some reason (for all the teams).

My best guess matches yours that there is simply a duplicate entry in the world data file. I might spend some time figuring out how to verify that before I finish setting up my league.

I have 62 international teams in my league and am pretty sure I have the correct city for all the others. This took a considerable amount of time studying the world database (explore world) as well as WIkipedia and other sources.

Last edited by jmknpk2; 08-03-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:49 PM   #5
tolbuck
Bat Boy

I checked the Explore World section. The coordinates for one of the two San Jose cities listed under Costa Rica is for San Jose de Mayo, Uruguay. San Jose de Mayo isn't listed under Uruguay, and with a population of over 36,000 it probably should be there. So it looks like San Jose de Mayo was mistakenly coded as a Costa Rican city rather than a Uruguayan city.

As for which one to choose, I would choose the second San Jose. The second one listed alphabetically on the Explore World section is the one for the Costa Rican capital.

Last edited by tolbuck; 08-03-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: mixed up the San Jose listings
tolbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:51 PM   #6
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmknpk2 View Post
I can see the latitude and longitude in the world database (explore world); but that pertains to the city and not any specific team's city. I have not yet found a way to see the latitude and longitude for the city I chose for a specific team (confirming I go the right one). I looked at the Ballpark data, which shows longitude and latitude, but they are zero for some reason.

My best guess matches yours that there is simply a duplicate entry in the world data file. I might spend some time figuring out how to verify that before I finish setting up my league.
You go open the world.xml? file in the .lg folder in the saved game. Its pretty easy to view and figure out a lot more difficult to edit.
slugger922cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #7
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

I had tried to look at the world.dat file and it was all binary. I knew there was a better way, just hadn't figured it out. Thanks for the tip. Saves me some time reading the manual and fumbling around.

Last edited by jmknpk2; 08-03-2017 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #8
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Muchos gracias Tolbuck!!!