Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #1
OttoGott
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question Converting OOTP14 Game to OOTP16

Hello everyone -

I am finally going to take the plunge and convert my 30-year OOTP14 game to OOTP16. From doing some digging on the forum, it appears that the below are key points and steps to take:

1. First, backup my OOTP14 game.
2. General consensus on the boards is that I can convert anytime but best to do during a "quiet" time, say right after the World Series (i.e., the day after the playoffs end).
3. Download the OOTP15 demo which would allow me to convert my OOTP14 game to OOTP15.
4. Launch my full version of OOTP16 (fully patched).
5. On the OOTP16 Main Menu, use the convert utility which would prompt me to load the specific file.
6. Once created, backup the OOTP16 version of my OOTP14 game.
7. The original OOTP14 save game file is not altered in any way so I could go back to play the saved game within OOTP14 if I encounter any issues within OOTP16.

Am I missing anything specific or critical?

Game details: It is a MLB game with JustFans's (?) MLB logos. Two expansion teams (Columbus and Jacksonville) and one move (Milwaukee to Austin). I assume OOTP16 will pick up the MLB logos but I will need to find logos for the two expansion teams and the team that moved to Austin.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by OttoGott; 10-28-2016 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to add game specifics
OttoGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Looks like you covered everything. You should be good to go after following those instructions.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #3
OttoGott
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks! Everything seems to have converted correctly so I think I am good to go. Thanks again.
OttoGott is offline   Reply With Quote