Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #101
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
I do have some concerns about FHM 2 such as not having free customization of league structures. I would really be interested in creating a custom league within the real world universe that directly competes with the NHL for talent and money. I also would love to be able to create a custom league and be able to grow that league to as many teams as I can dream of in a fictional universe.
The primary focus on the game is modern day. I must admit, I love doing that in OOTP - creating two top fictional leagues and having them compete for players is a blast.

FHM 2 takes a step back in fictional limiting the world to only 1 top league, 1 minor pro league, and 1 major junior league. It is the right step for now.

I too hope those abilities and options come to FHM one day, and as each feature is added to Modern Day with each version, the more it may be possible...only Sebi knows for sure. But for now, it's not something we're going to see.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:08 AM   #102
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani9 View Post
i have logos ready in 150x150 png format for all the leagues (save china, korea and japan j-ice leagues and japan universities) that were on a screenshot posted in this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d-release.html ...can you confirm that those are all leagues with teams in it or are there going to be more? ...if yes could you post some list of those additional leagues so i can prepare those as well? ...i'd like to have them ready when you release FHM2

thank you very much...
Hi,

First, thanks very much for doing this. I surely hope you will post it on the mods forum when it's ready for all to use. That will be a huge boost for our community.

I didn't check this against that screenshot, but here is the list of playable leagues in the game:

Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, Tipsport Extraliga, Elite Ice Hockey League, English Premier Ice Hockey League, NIHL North D1 - Moralee, NIHL South D1, Liiga, Mestis, Suomi-Sarja, Ligue Magnus, Deutsche Liga, Asia League Ice Hockey, GET-Ligaen, Kontinental Hockey League, Swedish Hockey League, Allsvenskan, Nationallia A, National Hockey League, American Hockey League, ECHL, Federal Hockey League.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:08 AM   #103
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will the Custom League Structures be the same as the first version?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:20 AM   #104
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Will the Custom League Structures be the same as the first version?
Yes.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:00 PM   #105
Jonesey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
The primary focus on the game is modern day. I must admit, I love doing that in OOTP - creating two top fictional leagues and having them compete for players is a blast.

FHM 2 takes a step back in fictional limiting the world to only 1 top league, 1 minor pro league, and 1 major junior league. It is the right step for now.

I too hope those abilities and options come to FHM one day, and as each feature is added to Modern Day with each version, the more it may be possible...only Sebi knows for sure. But for now, it's not something we're going to see.
I completely agree, which is why I have no issue spending the money to support the development of the game. It takes a lot of time to develop features and I have no problem with the way FHM is being developed. I know that by FHM 16 this game will blow OOTP out of the water!

I can't wait to see if I can guide my Predators to the same level of success they are currently having!
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #106
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Is the one minor league and one junior league playable(or is it optional)?

Can the minor league have more teams than the major league?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-28-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #107
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Will I be able to turn the AHL into a Super League and have it compete against the NHL? Can I stop the Toronto Marlies from being a Maple Leaf farm team?

If yes,I plan to move approx. 35-40 percent of NHL players to the AHL . Move the smaller cities into more major league markets but keep a few smaller cities to keep the AHL indentity.

Might change the name of the AHL to the International Hockey League and turn the ECHL into the new AHL.

If player movement is possible throughout the season ,I don't know why this couldn't happen but all depends on how much we can edit.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #108
Smylie
Bat Boy

So, I am new to this and have only played the "Be A GM" mode in another game and platform..... A few questions..... are the NHL teams tied to the AHL teams? Are the 2 leagues run at the same time to simulate real hockey? Would we be able to call up and send down players like that other game?
Thanks....
Smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:45 PM   #109
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smylie View Post
So, I am new to this and have only played the "Be A GM" mode in another game and platform..... A few questions..... are the NHL teams tied to the AHL teams? Are the 2 leagues run at the same time to simulate real hockey? Would we be able to call up and send down players like that other game?
Thanks....
Stat based sport simulations go far beyond what you expect with EA's series. Yes your NHL team's have AHL and ECHL affiliations where you can send players back and forth. There are multiple leagues in 32 different countries within the game and over two dozen are playable. Every league is run simultaneously.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:07 PM   #110
gosensgo101
Minors (Triple A)

Will teams no longer be able to claim a guy off waivers and immediately demote him to the minors?
gosensgo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #111
Smylie
Bat Boy

Oh, I AM IN.......... Can't wait...... may even buy this for the grandson...... ooops... did I just date myself......lol
Smylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:55 PM   #112
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is the one minor league and one junior league playable(or is it optional)?

Can the minor league have more teams than the major league?
Those leagues are optional, yes and playable, yes.

No, the minor league has the same number of teams as the major league.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:56 PM   #113
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Will I be able to turn the AHL into a Super League and have it compete against the NHL? Can I stop the Toronto Marlies from being a Maple Leaf farm team?

If yes,I plan to move approx. 35-40 percent of NHL players to the AHL . Move the smaller cities into more major league markets but keep a few smaller cities to keep the AHL indentity.

Might change the name of the AHL to the International Hockey League and turn the ECHL into the new AHL.

If player movement is possible throughout the season ,I don't know why this couldn't happen but all depends on how much we can edit.
I don't believe there's any way to unaffiliate the minor league teams from their parent teams, but, it's certainly not something I've ever tried before.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:47 PM   #114
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
I don't believe there's any way to unaffiliate the minor league teams from their parent teams, but, it's certainly not something I've ever tried before.
Yep-It doesn't look like it can be done that way.

Is there a way too freeze rosters to prevent transactions(like OOTP)?

However,It could be done with a Custom League since you can leave the parent club of the minor league team(s) blank. Unless something changes with the new version. There would be alot of player movement to put the original NHL teams back together in a Custom League then turn the Minor League into a Super AHL .

Last edited by Orioles1966; 02-28-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:42 PM   #115
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Yep-It doesn't look like it can be done that way.

Is there a way too freeze rosters to prevent transactions(like OOTP)?
no
Old 02-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #116
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

To all the developers thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. It's a great thing to see. I have a few quick questions as someone that will be new to the FHM series when FHM 2 comes out.

Waivers- In an old simulation game I used to play, good players being put on waivers was a major problem that often made the game unplayable. Are there any steps being done to prevent this type of thing from happening in FHM 2? I understand that waivers is part of the game and I like that but not when for example a 2nd or 3rd leading scoring on a team, fighting for a playoff spot puts the player on waivers. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Retirement- What determines when a player will retire? Is it strictly just age? If you get a guy who's 40 but still putting up 25-30 goals a season will he be able to stick around or is it when you're a certain age you're gone?

Is there annul NHL awards?
I know in the old game i used to play the guy who won the Art Ross won the Hart 100% of the time. No goalie or defencemen could win it. I hope that will change.

One more thing. Will it be possible to allow the CPU to have control of all 30 teams? Or do you have to be the GM of at least one team?
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:20 PM   #117
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

I'm micromanaging and feel a need to create my fictional league on paper. Have a few questions before I go any further.

Can I create a 24 team, 2 conference, 4 division league with an 84 game schedule like the 92/93 NHL season?

How many teams would I need for one junior league (Tier 1)?

Having a junior league won't affect the game to produce college hockey players right?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #118
ChiefWahoo
Minors (Double A)

I am excited to see how this game turns out! One question for now, though: Will it be possible to play with real teams but fictional players from the get-go like it is in OOTP? I would love to play as the Columbus Blue Jackets but have all fake players and coaches on my team and in my game universe. Thank you!
ChiefWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #119
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
I'm micromanaging and feel a need to create my fictional league on paper. Have a few questions before I go any further.

Can I create a 24 team, 2 conference, 4 division league with an 84 game schedule like the 92/93 NHL season?

How many teams would I need for one junior league (Tier 1)?

Having a junior league won't affect the game to produce college hockey players right?
The structures are going to be the same for version #2 so you could do the 24 team, 2 conference ,4 divisions with 84 game schedule. A 26 team League is also available with 2 conferences, 4 divisions and 84 games.

I think each league per Fictional World would have the same amount of teams.

That's the best thing too do(write down ahead of time the Leagues you are planning). That way you aren't lost when the game is released. At least we will know ahead of time basically what we can do as far as League Structures are concerned.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 03-01-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:45 PM   #120
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo View Post
I am excited to see how this game turns out! One question for now, though: Will it be possible to play with real teams but fictional players from the get-go like it is in OOTP? I would love to play as the Columbus Blue Jackets but have all fake players and coaches on my team and in my game universe. Thank you!
Yes-You could create a fictional world with real NHL teams and fictional players. That's my plan plus making the minor league an AHL that is almost equal to the NHL.