Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Scouts in Online

I've searched and read several threads that discuss portions of what I'm seeking, but I would like to ask some specific questions about using Scouts in an online league.

I'm in a league that uses Scouts primarily, so it was explained to me when joining the league, to discover new international youngsters. My questions is, if Scouts are "on" would they not be on for evaluating all facets of the game, based on the Scout slider settings and the amount of money put into scouting?

Asked another way, is there any way to restrict their use to simply Scouting international propsects?

AND because some of the GM's in the league do not use Scouts because they are not interested in seeking out international prospects, or do not want to spend the salary required, will they be at a disadvantage thinking other team's scouts might not be being utilized in the fullest sense?

Hope that makes sense???
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 AM   #2
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

If Scouting is on, it's on across the board.

However, you can set it to 100% accuracy (which is what I suspect your online league does), allowing you to have features like International Prospects while letting everyone see the same ratings.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #3
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
If Scouting is on, it's on across the board.

However, you can set it to 100% accuracy (which is what I suspect your online league does), allowing you to have features like International Prospects while letting everyone see the same ratings.
Thanks for the reply.
If 100% accuracy, then what would the amount of money put into scouting do for you? And what would differentiate a lot of cash vs minimal cash among online GM's in a league?

Or having a scout vs not bothering in that scenario?
As I mentioned, some just don't bother...(you would not discover international rookie talent, for example)?

Last edited by Winnipeg59; 02-13-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Is the league putting 100% of a team's Scouting budget towards International scouting maybe?
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:45 AM   #5
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
Is the league putting 100% of a team's Scouting budget towards International scouting maybe?
The intent for the league adopting Scouts several seasons ago (prior to my joining) seemed to be so International prospects could be discovered, to bring some variety into the game. However I do have control over the sliders this off-season (suggesting to me that I could scout majors, minors, draftees, international) and can budget any amount - as you normally would with scouts.

Your question is part of (if no fully) my question.

I suppose I could put the slider for INT prospects at 100%, but is there an advantage in doing that, at the expense of scouting in other areas? In other words, if Scouts are on, are they not simply ON (as another post suggested above)?? Can the league determine what is targeted with your scout, when you appear to have full control??

If scouts are on, I would rather use them in a more traditional manner and devote some budget to making that happen. And just want to determine the answers prior to the new season, while I can make the needed adjustments.

Thanks for the reply btw!