Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #1
symp1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Two questions about OOTP 13

Hi everybody,

I'm new since few weeks and I find OOTP 13 is a great baseball game simulation!!! But, I have two things I want to know if it works in OOTP.

1) I want to know if it possible to have a Random historical teams (like to have players from different areas)??? Example : I would like to start a MLB season in 1969 but, at the end of this year, I don't want to see the Seatte Pilots move automaticaly in Milwaukee... I know we can make that by creating a Fictional League... but I would like to have the same things in Historical League!!! Somebody talked about the Random Debut from advanced Options in this Topic : Random Debut/Random Historical Teams I never found this options...I hope somebody could confirm, or not, if can have a random Historical Teams and, if it's possible, do a Print Screen for to know where I can find this option...

2) Also, I would like to do a 2013 season and I want to follow what happens in MLB (specially the transactions). I know I must turn the teams in human mode. But, when, I want to do a trade, They said I must control the team before to do something. I play in Commission Mode but I would like to know if there's a way I can control all teams without apply to be GM each time???

I hope an answer very soon!!!

Sincerely yours,

Symp1

P.S : Sorry for my English, I'm from Quebec...So it's not perfect lol!!!
symp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

1. Random players:
If you already created your Historical league, see the screenshot .

If not, then start the game and click create new game. On that screen select Historical. The use Random rookies is right on that page on the left. Can't miss it..

Now if you don't want any changes like teams moving and such in your historical league, go to it's league setup page and click the Options button and uncheck the "Enable automatic evolution of the league" on the left near the top. Or, if you want to keep some and not the others uncheck them individually and don't uncheck the "Enable automatic evolution of the league" option.

2. As for the 2013's real transactions, You don't need to control any teams. You can do it in Commissioner mode. Goto the player's team's roster page and click on that player to bring up his profile page. On that page click the Editor Tab near the top. On that page on the left, you'll see "Team information, Select new team". From that drop down, select his new team and your done. Do the same for any other players involved in the transaction if any.
Good luck
Attached Images
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
symp1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for your help Bigrod!!!

For my second question, it's perfect!!! I found what I wanted!!!

For my first question... I follow your Print screen...and I wait... I start in 1969 and now I am in 1972...and nothing new happens...At least, Seattle and Washington are again in the league!!! I didn't find the Automatic Evolution League (at least you talked about Automaticaly Expand League) but, I don't uncheck about that so maybe I will have something new very soon!!!

Thanks again,

Symp1
Old 01-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #4
symp1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have an other question : How we can create a league and have the Dynamically Evolving League in the Options and the historical Settings in the same league??? Because, when I create an Historical League, I don't have the Dynamically Evoling League... and when I create a Fictionnal League, I don't have the Historical Settings...
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 AM   #5
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by symp1 View Post
I have an other question : How we can create a league and have the Dynamically Evolving League in the Options and the historical Settings in the same league??? Because, when I create an Historical League, I don't have the Dynamically Evoling League... and when I create a Fictionnal League, I don't have the Historical Settings...
I've not played either type of game so I don't know much about them and their settings, but I have a few free moments today. I'll try them and see if I can get the info you need.

Quote:
I have an other question : How we can create a league and have the Dynamically Evolving League in the Options and the historical Settings in the same league??? Because, when I create an Historical League, I don't have the Dynamically Evoling League..
Yes you do have these when you first create your historical league. It's step 1 of 6 for Random Players (These are Real players Randomly picked from history and placed on teams rather than the real players on their teams in 1969) and It's step 4 of 6 for Dynamically evolving (Automatically expand is same thing I think) when your first creating it. First screenshot.
It's also available after you've created it as well as the Random Rookies option. I think the Real Rookies option means they show up just when they did in real life. Second screenshot.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Bigrod; 01-17-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #6
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dynamic league evolution is not available for historical leagues. It's been requested, but it defeats much of the purpose of historical leagues, which is to use the actual rules, league totals, and strategies of each given year. If you could turn on dynamic evolution, then everything can change, and you wouldn't really be playing a historical league anymore.

You can create a fictional historical league by creating a custom league and then setting a starting point in a previous year. You then need to make sure to turn on all the appropriate options and also choose strategies, league totals, and other settings according to the given starting year. You will need to do some of these manually by using the drop-down menus and then having OOTP overwrite the default settings for custom leagues, which are based on baseball in 2012.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 01-17-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
P.S : Sorry for my English, I'm from Quebec...So it's not perfect lol!!!
Don't apologize for your English it's quite good enough for this board. There are a few Quebecois on this forum. I'm struggling with my French right now sitting in the airport in Montreal.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
symp1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Don't apologize for your English it's quite good enough for this board. There are a few Quebecois on this forum. I'm struggling with my French right now sitting in the airport in Montreal.

Lol thanks Rchw and Bienvenue au Québec!!! I hope you love cold weather... lol
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #9
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lol thanks Rchw and Bienvenue au Québec!!! I hope you love cold weather... lol
Yeah freezing! I got there on Tuesday and it was +2C. So I go to Vermont for a couple of days and now it's -14C.

Salut!

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:31 AM   #10
symp1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I know how now...

Well, I finally found how to have the Dynamically Evolving League Options and the Historical Settings in the same File League... So for have this situation, you must create a 2011 Season in the Historical League. After the simulation of this season, the Dynamically Evolving League Options will appear for the 2012 season... So the only way i to have what I wanted is to start a fictionnal League and put the 1969 teams in to Edit League Structure... miss only a way to export or edit the historic teams and Leagues stats and it will be perfect!!!

So my wishlitst for OOTP14 will be to put the Dynamically Evolving League in historical League and, like most people, a Sping Training periode like in MLB...