Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
Maddox
All Star Reserve

End of season - Teams have different number of games (not 162)

So here is the screenshot of my most recent season. This is the MLB quickstart. About the only option I changed was the injuries setting. I noticed last season that things seemed out of whack as far as the number of games played but my team was so pathetic that I did not care. This season I just missed the playoffs and when I look at my home page this is what I see.
  1. Why do teams not show 162 games?
  2. Why did Stl and Cin only play 146 games while the other teams in the division played 149? New York only played 145.

Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

My guess is that you altered the league structure but did not regenerate a new schedule.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Maddox
All Star Reserve

I used the MLB quickstart for 2012 and did not change the league structure but Houston moved to the AL on schedule. Was there something I needed to do for the schedule after that happened?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

After any structure move you must regenerate a new schedule.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Do you have League Evolution selected?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I used the MLB quickstart for 2012 and did not change the league structure but Houston moved to the AL on schedule. Was there something I needed to do for the schedule after that happened?
Yep...Bet you dollars to donuts it didn't load the mlb 2013 schedule. You need to manually load it. That's why you have the shortage of games. Most likely, those were against Houston. If your schedule is still loaded in the game, and it should be as long as you haven't started your next season, go to the edit schedule page and click the bottom right schedule button and select Report Evaluation. that'll show exactly how many games are scheduled for the teams. It should be exactly 162 total for everyone. If not it loaded the wrong schedule. Exactly why I always check the schedule before the season start to make sure it's the correct one. I made the mlb 2013 schedule and it incorporates Houston's move to the AL and all matchups are correct, but the times aren't yet. I copied those from the 2012 schedule. MLB's 2013 structure change, caused some of the team #s to change which was all teams below Houston in alphabetical order in the AL west and those below them in the NL Central NL west. Since the game only recognizes the correct number of teams total (which didn't change), it can still use outdated schedules as long as they have the same or lower number of teams and the schedule options match. Those extra game are ignored and not played.....Can't use any schedule with more teams than what you have in your setup though. That's the only restriction as far as schedules go. All other problems can usually be overcomed by simply matching your schedule options or the Schedule's element line so they match. Sorry for the long explanation.

Last edited by Bigrod; 01-06-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Yep...Bet you dollars to donuts it didn't load the mlb 2013 schedule. You need to manually load it. That's why you have the shortage of games. Most likely, those were against Houston. If your schedule is still loaded in the game, and it should be as long as you haven't started your next season, go to the edit schedule page and click the bottom right schedule button and select Report Evaluation. that'll show exactly how many games are scheduled for the teams. It should be exactly 162 total for everyone. If not it loaded the wrong schedule. Exactly why I always check the schedule before the season start to make sure it's the correct one. I made the mlb 2013 schedule and it incorporates Houston's move to the AL and all matchups are correct, but the times aren't yet. I copied those from the 2012 schedule. MLB's 2013 structure change, caused some of the team #s to change which was all teams below Houston in alphabetical order in the AL west and those below them in the NL Central NL west. Since the game only recognizes the correct number of teams total (which didn't change), it can still use outdated schedules as long as they have the same or lower number of teams and the schedule options match. Those extra game are ignored and not played.....Can't use any schedule with more teams than what you have in your setup though. That's the only restriction as far as schedules go. All other problems can usually be overcomed by simply matching your schedule options or the Schedule's element line so they match. Sorry for the long explanation.
So that appears like what has happened. Looking at the Report:Schedule Grid it shows every team having three day breaks throughout the season.

Now, I guess the question is what it the best way to fix it? Should I generate a fictional schedule next preseason?

If I start another MLB league at some point do I need to remember to do something before the start of the 2013 season? If so, I have to admit it seems a bit counter-intuitive that the game automatically moves Houston but does not adjust the schedules.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Bigrod knows his stuff and I would never argue with him, but I like Scott's suggestion to generate a new fictional schedule. The question with that is, does this need to be done forever every year or will the game take it over after the initial schedule creation?

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
So that appears like what has happened. Looking at the Report:Schedule Grid it shows every team having three day breaks throughout the season.

Now, I guess the question is what it the best way to fix it? Should I generate a fictional schedule next preseason?

If I start another MLB league at some point do I need to remember to do something before the start of the 2013 season? If so, I have to admit it seems a bit counter-intuitive that the game automatically moves Houston but does not adjust the schedules.
1. Anyway you want..fictional or real and whatever makes you happy
2. Just check it before preseason..using the report eval. If you don't like it, you can clear it and regenerate another. It supposedly mixes up the matchups each time, but I'm not convinced it actually does.
You can also go the league's setup page and click the upper left option tab and to the right, shedule options should show the actual schedule name that's loaded. click the little button by it and it'll open in notepad..
3. As for counter-intuitive. To big a word for me but I do tell Markus every year.."it don't auto load with the quickie"..,but then at my age..neither do I

Last edited by Bigrod; 01-06-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
Maddox
All Star Reserve

I'll just try to create a fictional schedule before next season. That should suit my needs fine.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #11
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll just try to create a fictional schedule before next season. That should suit my needs fine.
If you create a fictional schedule you will not get any interleague games and your schedule will have a lot of off days in it. I would suggest you load the 2013 schedule or use GMO's schedules. These are both setup for the 5-5-5 league formats.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
Maddox
All Star Reserve

So is this the file I need to download and then load into the game?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-schedule.html

Or is there a different one?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
dawg_gone
Minors (Double A)

If I may stick my considerable nose in here and ask a question? This thread alerted me to check my schedule. I'm in February 1993 of a historical sim with expansion enabled, and the NL has added Colorado and Florida. I looked in League Setup / Options / Schedule Options and see the '93 schedule is loaded from the file major_league_ml_c_1993.lsdl. Is this the right schedule to use for 1993?
dawg_gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
blasek0
Major Leagues

Another possibility is that a game was postponed due to rain, then wasn't played because it wouldn't affect the standings in any meaningful fashion. Happens from time to time, although not necessarily every season.

As an example the home team (for the cancelled game) finished 110-51, the away team finished 21-140, and the next best and worst teams finished 100-62 and 42-120. The game hadn't been squeezed in by the end of the season, but because the game couldn't result in any change in the standings, it was never played.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
So is this the file I need to download and then load into the game?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-schedule.html

Or is there a different one?
Yep, that's the one to use for when Houston moves to the AL west.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg_gone View Post
If I may stick my considerable nose in here and ask a question? This thread alerted me to check my schedule. I'm in February 1993 of a historical sim with expansion enabled, and the NL has added Colorado and Florida. I looked in League Setup / Options / Schedule Options and see the '93 schedule is loaded from the file major_league_ml_c_1993.lsdl. Is this the right schedule to use for 1993?
Yes it should be, but check on the edit schedule page. Click the lower right schedule button and select Report eval or Report Grid and make sure you see Col. and Fl. in there.
If the aren't, you can use the as played schedule which has the games exactly as/when they were played in 1993.
It's this one in your schedule folder: major_league_ml_c_1993_ap.lsdl.
All MLB as played schedules are in the games schedule folder and end with "year_ap_lsdl".
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #17
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasek0 View Post
Another possibility is that a game was postponed due to rain, then wasn't played because it wouldn't affect the standings in any meaningful fashion. Happens from time to time, although not necessarily every season.

As an example the home team (for the cancelled game) finished 110-51, the away team finished 21-140, and the next best and worst teams finished 100-62 and 42-120. The game hadn't been squeezed in by the end of the season, but because the game couldn't result in any change in the standings, it was never played.
This will never happen in ootp. OOTP doesn't have rain outs.
An uneven number of games are only possible if one is using one of the MLB as played schedules ending in ap.lsdl or the/your schedule is messed up/wrong.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #18
dawg_gone
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
If they aren't, you can use the as played schedule which has the games exactly as/when they were played in 1993.
It's this one in your schedule folder: major_league_ml_c_1993_ap.lsdl.
All MLB as played schedules are in the games schedule folder and end with "year_ap_lsdl".
Brilliant! Thanks!
dawg_gone is offline   Reply With Quote