Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

2009 MLB File + NCAA/HS Feeder League File Here

Hello everyone,

I would like to take this time to share with you a file that I have put together over the past month or so. The file began with the patched version of the MLB rosters that are within OOTP. I added 12 collegiate conferences:

-ACC
-Big 10
-Big East
-Big XII
-Conference USA
-Ivy League
-An independent league with 20 teams that I wanted to include
-Mountain West
-Pac 10
-SEC
-WCC
-WAC (Combined the Wac with the Big West to create a "super" west coast league

Within each league, I have made jerseys and hats to best resemble the real jerseys. I had never done this before, but ultimately was very happy with the results. This adds a nice piece to the players that you will get to know over time.

The league's have age limits that keep players in the league for 3 years. I used 3 years because this helped create a better balance with players when they were created to fill rosters. PCM were changed to help make certain conferences have more elite talents and prospects over time. In addition, I used my own predisposition to give teams popularity/fan interest etc...

In addition to the collegiate conferences, I included a high school feeder system that I would best describe as a Summer-Travel team competition. 20 HS All-Star teams are pitted against each other with players again remaining on these teams for a period of time. Yes, this might be a bit unrealistic, but it is the best way I found when players are created.

2009 MLB draftees from the first 3 rounds were placed on their NCAA team or randomly on one of the HS All-Star teams.

One somewhat notable change I did make was the change in date of the MLB Ammy draft. The draft in this file is set to take place on July 30th of each season. In addition, I have initially set the draft to include only Feeder League players. With this setup, the first year draft will not be able to go the scheduled number of rounds, however I went this way to make it a tad more realistic. In subsequent years, the number of draft eligible players works spot on.

I tested the file over a 25 year sim and was pleased with the results. While I would like to spend more time editing player names/ratings, I am going on vacation this coming Wednesday for awhile and then am relocating to begin an internship. I would like to share with everyone what could be described as a file that I feel is ready for use even with a higher number of true fictional players than I originally had hoped to have.

At the moment the file can be found at: 2009MLBNCAAHS.lg.zip

I hope I have zipped it properly.

I am hoping others will enjoy this and with feedback/suggestions/comments I hope to be able to tinker with and improve upon what might be needed when I get back. Until then, I hope someone out there enjoys this.

If Padresfan would be willing to host this, I would for that to happen. If you would like me to email you a copy, just PM or feel free to get it from that site (if that works).

Thanks again and enjoy!

Matt

(I would also once again like to thank Muzamba who gave valuable advise and suggestions near the release of OOTP X)

Last edited by Tiesenberg; 07-28-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
joshuar9476
Minors (Triple A)

looking forward to checking this out ... thanks.
joshuar9476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
clamel
All Star Starter

Stupid question....

BUT
Can I "merge" this with the standard league with the game....
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
Never Forget '04
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Mine says that it can't locate the world file and that it's either corrupt or from an older version.

EDIT: NVM dled the patches and it's working.

Last edited by Never Forget '04; 07-30-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Never Forget '04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Doesn't work for me because gives me an Error when trying to load and even if I copy over one of my other Leagues it would say old File or so on.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
cameron
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for sharing , Tiesenberg,
I had no problem installing and starting this league, although I have not played any games yet, everything seems to be working fine.
cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
lebrgrdyszmr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

mine says cant load because of world file and I have the latest patch. ANyone help me out with this?
lebrgrdyszmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #8
Libid21
All Star Reserve

I want to see if I can import this into my saved league also. Is that possible?
Libid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
POKeefe
Minors (Double A)

Can someone please host this somewhere else? This hosting site is being a PITA .
POKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
goldenglove_21
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POKeefe View Post
Can someone please host this somewhere else? This hosting site is being a PITA .
+1

Possibly a submission to Padres?
Old 08-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #11
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

Hello everyone,

I hope those that were able to download it were able to open the file within the game. I just got back from a trip to Hawaii early this morning. I will try and get this to Padresfan somehow, not sure exactly the best way to contact him etc....

Thanks
Old 08-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #12
Libid21
All Star Reserve

How does everyone like this mod? Do you guys play with real rosters?

How many rounds in your draft and what settings do you use for 'Generate Players for X amount of Rounds'?
Libid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:25 AM   #13
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

I like the mod...it adds a lot more realism to the game. The only thing I think that may need to be touched up a bit is the free agent pool. I keep seeing rookies that are 17-20 years that have a potential of 5 stars. Other than that, I like it a lot!!
Old 08-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #14
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

Thanks Gige,

I'll try and work on some things and maybe get a second version out this week, been really busy of late.

And sorry to those I said I would email it to them, I'm having problems finding a place where I can send a 70+ megabyte file.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:51 PM   #15
timmermac
Major Leagues

Would it be possible to make a version of this that could have just the college/HS feeder league setup that can be added to a league? I want to start a historical league in 1901, and in addition to the yearly historical player imports into the draft, I'd like college and hs players with real colleges.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #16
wat
Bat Boy

For some reason it wont allow you to continue because of high school and college rosters being over filled starting in the next year on ootp10.
wat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #17
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

It appears you zipped this with a mac which adds a useless and unneeded folder called "__MACOSX" . Get rid of that and you'll decrease the file size by approximately 11.9 megabytes. It can also possibly cause some of the problems that some are having installing your program. Not anything you did wrong, just Mac's dumb way of zipping things. More info on __MACOSX folder can be found here, Whats with __MACOSX in Zip files?. If you want, I'd be more than happy to zip it up for you and host it on my rapidshare account until you get it on padresfan's site.
For those that may be having problems, delete "__MACOSX" folder and ALL of its contents before installing, it may help.

P.S. Bummer ......no Maine Black Bears...LOL and thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited by Bigrod; 09-30-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:33 AM   #18
Church OOTP
Minors (Triple A)

I love this league set up ... just what I was looking for.

The problem for me is that the game can not continue past 4/1/2010 due to the team St. Louis HS having an illegal number of players on the active roster (0).

There is no team I can find named St. Louis HS. I checked all the teams in the HS feeder system and all had 25 players. Perhaps it was on a deleted league and is somehow a residual in the database?

Anyone else experience this and more importantly find a fix? I would really like to use this league as a base for my personal league.

Church OOTP

Last edited by Church OOTP; 10-04-2009 at 06:34 AM.
Church OOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #19
allstar4
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church OOTP View Post
I love this league set up ... just what I was looking for.

The problem for me is that the game can not continue past 4/1/2010 due to the team St. Louis HS having an illegal number of players on the active roster (0).

There is no team I can find named St. Louis HS. I checked all the teams in the HS feeder system and all had 25 players. Perhaps it was on a deleted league and is somehow a residual in the database?

Anyone else experience this and more importantly find a fix? I would really like to use this league as a base for my personal league.

Church OOTP
The same thing happened to me on the same date. I can't figure out a way to get around it.

I hope a solution is possible, it's a very cool mod and I would like to continue my game.

EDIT: I have found a solution.

Go to the "Select League" drag down menu on the top right part of the screen.

Select the high school league.

Go to the schedule.

Click on one of the teams named after a city instead of a famous baseball person (like St. Louis HS).

Go to transactions.

On the bottom right of the screen click "fill team with fictional players."

Do this with every other team named after a city and you should be able to continue.

EDIT 2: I ran into another roadblock a few days later.

The college teams had too many players so I changed the rules to unlimited roster limits and was able to continue.

Last edited by allstar4; 10-19-2009 at 11:58 PM.
allstar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #20
allstar4
Bat Boy

Starting pitchers in the draft with more than two pitches are hard to find. As far as I know pitchers don't develop new pitches over time. Is there a way I can adjust the creation modifiers so I get more 3+ pitch pitchers in the draft?
allstar4 is offline   Reply With Quote