Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 01-31-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Marc Duffy
SI Marketing Wizard

Ootp 2007

I'm happy to say that we've just announced OOTP 2007.

A new 2007 forum has been set up ... http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3683
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

I'm first!

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post
I'm first!
And now my serious reply...

I'm not going to add to any hype but I will give you a little bit of a behind the scenes picture of what's been going on.

RonCo has been hammering Markus since November with charts showing where aspects of OOTP 2007 needed to match up better with RL MLB.

jarmenia jumped on performance issues and has Markus' ear, as this area is looking...well you can guess.

Battists has been organizing us into groups that have to focus testing on one specific area of the game and this has made for a different and extremely well organized beta this year.

Comedian2004 has provided comic relief along with his bug posts which has been proving a good combo in getting Markus' attention in a timely manner.

Last year, every beta tester was basically jumping "into the deep end", so to speak because we were testing a whole new monster. This year Markus has tamed the monster and most, if not all, of the beta testers already have a relationship with the monster's mother, OOTP 2006. This has resulted in much more focused, defined testing that was impossible last year. One example being the data dumps, where they weren't even functioning until late in beta testing last year. This year, RonCo and others have had the luxury of the data dumps from the get-go, enabling testers to find needles in a haystack with regard to aging, development, stat output, etc., and this is giving Markus headaches. But good headaches, that will turn into a product I dare you not to buy.

That's it for my rambling. I held out and did not convert my 6.5 online league and I'm taking the conservative road again this year but...well you never know.

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)

Last edited by f.montoya; 01-31-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

RonCo has been hammering Markus since November with charts showing where aspects of OOTP 2007 needed to match up better with RL MLB.
Ronco has a math wizard tag team partner nowadays.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to all for their hard work.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #6
Recte44
Global Moderator

Let me just echo Montoya's comments for a minute. I have been thoroughly impressed with the way this year's testing has gone down, particularly in the online league aspect. Kaitaki has been an invaluable resource for every online Commissioner, and you'll be happy with the work that has been done in this area.

I can only say that OOTP 2007 will exceed your expectations.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

I agree, the work Kaitiaki has done will be invaluable to online leagues, I can't wait for this puppy to come out!
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
...Kaitaki has been an invaluable resource for every online Commissioner, and you'll be happy with the work that has been done in this area...
I couldn't agree more. That, from an online commissioner, and someone who provides support for 43 Online commissioners.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

This has been my first OOTP Beta experience but I am very pleased with how well it has gone and how responsive Markus has been. He's changed or added many thing I've asked for and the performance has improved greatly.

jarmenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:38 PM   #10
Assos
All Star Starter

When does pre-order for us vets start?
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:53 PM   #11
marc
Hall Of Famer

"Historical players finally have automated expansion & team movement, automated imports of the right financial settings and league rules, the option to import the entire league history prior to the import year."

marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:02 PM   #12
tysok
Hall Of Famer

It seems Marc's not all that enthusiastic about the historical automatic expansions etc.... anyone have an idea how to make him happier with the concept?

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:01 PM   #13
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This year Markus has tamed the monster and most, if not all, of the beta testers already have a relationship with the monster's mother, OOTP 2006. This has resulted in much more focused, defined testing that was impossible last year.
Yes indeed, the beta testing crew has been doing some stellar work.

Well, everyone except me perhaps. I've been fairly useless, but my uselessness has so far slipped under the radar... so don't tell anybody!!!
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:33 PM   #14
Kemp
All Star Starter

All I ask is that someone get a darn explanation as to how MLE's and PCM's work!
Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 PM   #15
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
All I ask is that someone get a darn explanation as to how MLE's and PCM's work!
There is actually a beta thread specifically on this topic as we speak.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:46 PM   #16
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp View Post
Heh. This is being discussed loudly right now.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #17
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

I assume all owners of OOTP2006 will be getting a HUGE discount off the purchase price of OOTP2007 since we got completely ripped off by the OOTP2006 version.
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #18
Recte44
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
I assume all owners of OOTP2006 will be getting a HUGE discount off the purchase price of OOTP2007 since we got completely ripped off by the OOTP2006 version.
Check your email. The good folks at SI have extended a pre-order discount for those who ordered 2006.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #19
battists
Hall Of Famer

Ah. Should be interesting to watch where this conversation goes from here...
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #20
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
I don't think "ripped" off is the right word.
It was baseball simulation that simulated baseball, it could sim for 100 seasons... it maybe wasn't as crisp and clean as everyone was hoping but it did it's job.

If you want to know what ripped off really is go pay for Football Mogul 2006. Play that for 7 seasons... then you'll notice the difference.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote