Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #21
kgor93
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Let me answer the questions above:
kgor93:
So I love this, but would make one change: change the association to a tournament for D1. Have divisions for each conference/league. - This is why I initially created all D1 conferences as separate leagues in first place, however in real life there are actually only 31 conferences and 295 teams, OOTP tournaments also cannot handle any odd-numbered team divisions in the scheduler. Also, the visibility of tournament stats and teams, etc. kind of bothers me when compared to "real" leagues but please share when it's done, I'd like to play it

Here's a link to a quickstart.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_ee...ew?usp=sharing

-I think I have 20 or so divisions, I didn't feel the need to put the lower level D1 teams in there.

-I combined D2, D3, and JuCo associations into 1 tournament. It was 17 leagues total so I combined both NAIA leagues to get down to 16 leagues for a round robin/double elimination.

-I tweaked the financial numbers to where conferences like the big 12, big 10, sec, etc are much more wealthy than the weaker conferences. Idk if this affects anything. My goal is to have a clear talent level difference between power conferences & the rest.

I noticed that you randomly have 6 NJCAA regions. Are you planning to eventually add more? I ask this as an alum for Howard Community College in Region XX

Last edited by kgor93; 06-11-2018 at 08:56 PM.
kgor93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:12 PM   #22
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

I probably won't add any more JUCO regional divisions simply because I have a pretty old computer and it's already pushing the envelope.

Thanks for the quickstart, I'll play around with it.

PS: I'm originally from San Angelo, TX which explains the Texas-centric JUCOS and UIL HS league and they also have a branch of Howard CC.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #23
kgor93
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I probably won't add any more JUCO regional divisions simply because I have a pretty old computer and it's already pushing the envelope.

Thanks for the quickstart, I'll play around with it.

PS: I'm originally from San Angelo, TX which explains the Texas-centric JUCOS and UIL HS league and they also have a branch of Howard CC.
Gotcha.

Is there any difference between having the college leagues as "Major League" vs changing them to "college" as the league level?

Also, the next thing I want to work on is the talent level. I.e. American East should not be competitive with SEC.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #24
kgor93
Minors (Single A)

GAH! You should have mentioned that your college only world template (with college + 50 HS leagues) already has major conferences in NCAA-D1 in one league. That would have made everything sooooo much easier.

I'm making some tweaks to that template like removing foreign leagues and adding MLB. Also adding the American East because my alma mater is UMBC.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:04 AM   #25
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have a friend who works at Angelo State, always posting pics of the Rambelles softball team.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:25 AM   #26
itsmb8
All Star Starter

How would adding more teams and/or leagues affect things? I'd have development and aging at default but TCR at 200.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:32 AM   #27
kgor93
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
How would adding more teams and/or leagues affect things? I'd have development and aging at default but TCR at 200.

So this is what my league looks like now. No box scores or anything saved. Slow but still chugging.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #28
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
Have a friend who works at Angelo State, always posting pics of the Rambelles softball team.

ASU is my alma mater, they also have a very competitive D2 baseball program and the college probably offers the most bang for your buck in that part of West Texas for a 4-year degree. I worked there in the IT department when I attended, it's a great school.

itsmb8
Adding any additional leagues will just add to the slowness
Old 06-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #29
kgor93
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
ASU is my alma mater, they also have a very competitive D2 baseball program and the college probably offers the most bang for your buck in that part of West Texas for a 4-year degree. I worked there in the IT department when I attended, it's a great school.

itsmb8
Adding any additional leagues will just add to the slowness
One more question. I noticed that you have the college leagues set to "major league." Is there any benefit to doing this vs setting it to college? Only benefit I can see is that you can add them to associations.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #30
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

There's a few reasons I set the league level for the college leagues to "Major League", see below:
1. It's mostly cosmetic, I manually adjust all leagues that I want Facegen photos created for to be "Major League" and adjust the league PCM's after, this way I can use player photos only for major leagues and see photos of players I care about, and don't see minor league players, etc.
2. For maintenance; if I intend on playing out a game for a while using this universe as a base, I delete retired minor league players. This option does not delete Major league retired players, keeping the HoF / records intact for the college leagues.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #31
jettestx
Bat Boy

So I am trying to add WOCB 17 to ootp 18, and I put the file in the quickstart file where my ootp files are stored, but when I start the game and go to the quickstart option, it doesn't show up. What am I doing wrong.
jettestx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:45 AM   #32
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettestx View Post
So I am trying to add WOCB 17 to ootp 18, and I put the file in the quickstart file where my ootp files are stored, but when I start the game and go to the quickstart option, it doesn't show up. What am I doing wrong.

This thread is for WOCB 19, however quickstarts have been handled the same by the game forever so the below applies:

1. Unzip WOCB
2. Put the .quick folder at the following location \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\quickstart_games
3. Load the quickstart from in-game and enjoy
Old 07-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #33
jettestx
Bat Boy

I completed the whole process and I still only see the quickstart games that come with the game. I have no idea what is wrong.
jettestx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:52 PM   #34
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

You're doing something wrong then. As long as there is a directory that contains the world DAT files and ends in an extension of .QUICK located in the OOTP quick-starts folder, you should be able to load from in-game via the quickstart menu.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:26 PM   #35
dking1908
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettestx View Post
I completed the whole process and I still only see the quickstart games that come with the game. I have no idea what is wrong.
you might be doing the same thing i did.

make sure that you're putting the "WOCB19 3.0 Expanded.quick" folder in the quickstart_games folder. you may accidentally be putting the "WOCB19 3.0 - 32 Conference D1" folder there instead.
dking1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 01:20 PM   #36
jaylu0204
Bat Boy

Ok I've downloaded this ... now what? I'm a total NOOB and have no clue what to do now.
jaylu0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #37
jaylu0204
Bat Boy

Can't get quickstart to show up

Download the WOCB template for IOOTP 19. Placed it in the quickstart folder. Start game, go to QS, and it's not there.

I've tried numerous times, looked at the forums, etc... IDK - I guess I'm not smart enough to figure it out. Seems like it should be an easy fix. I've download and unzipped the file. It's placed in the quickstart folder. It just won't show up in game.

Please help
jaylu0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:05 AM   #38
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylu0204 View Post
Download the WOCB template for IOOTP 19. Placed it in the quickstart folder. Start game, go to QS, and it's not there.

I've tried numerous times, looked at the forums, etc... IDK - I guess I'm not smart enough to figure it out. Seems like it should be an easy fix. I've download and unzipped the file. It's placed in the quickstart folder. It just won't show up in game.

Please help
Make an empty save folder and dump the contents in there. Not 100% sure itll work but it might.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:12 PM   #39
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylu0204 View Post

Please help

The "template" file and the "quickstart" are two different things, please re-read the detailed instructions and try again.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:32 PM   #40
Mannyw
Minors (Single A)

Could this download file be sticked perhaps please?
Mannyw is offline   Reply With Quote