Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Discussions Discuss Out of the Park Developments' games, web site, downloads, research and anything else related to OOTP Developments.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Dynasty League Baseball

I don't know if anyone here plays dynasty league baseball/pursue the pennant, but which is the more accurate simulation?
monkeyman576 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I should state first that I have never played Dynasty/PTP though I have some small familiarity with the franchise. I was more a Strat-O-Matic and Replay guy myself.

But I wanted to respond as I think you will find that the term accurate could be a complicating factor for anyone answering your question.

If your primary concern is statistical accuracy- that a game re-creates real life statistics very closely- then I think several games could compete on that level. Including OOTP, if you are very careful about your settings.

And that's fine, as far as it goes. I just personally don't think that's a very high bar. And I think that OOTP exceeds it in so many ways, and in ways that might lead to less pure statistical accuracy in favor of more elemental, and sophisticated, realism.

Because, again in my opinion, OOTP is a management simulation more than a statistical recreation simulation. It is nuanced and multi-faceted and layered and alive. And it richly takes into consideration that statistics are influenced by a great many factors.

Ultimately I guess my point is that while there may be similarities between these games, they are inherently quite different animals with differing strengths and goals. And I have no doubt that Dynasty/PTP, like SOM and Replay and many other games, is an enjoyable game which pretty faithfully re-creates baseball and gives you a sense of managing a team.
But for a more expansive and complete immersion into all facets of baseball, nothing beats OOTP.
Other games re-create statistics and on-field strategies. OOTP creates an immersive baseball universe.

Anyway, that's how I see it.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote