Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:42 AM   #41
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

So excited and already pre ordered!!!

My question is, it is May 12th in real life and I want to start a new game on that day, how does it work with the minor leagues? Everyone will have updated major league stats, standings ect. But are Triple A stats, standings , rosters, etc updated as well? Or would everyone in the minors basically have .000 as their statitistics from when I started?
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:50 AM   #42
TheSpider
Bat Boy

Has OOTP 20 expanded player roles? When approaching Free Agents or expiring/extending player contracts can we designate different roles other than starter or nothing for batters? Such as platoon, bench, everyday or star? Same thing with pitchers? Bullpen/Closer/Starter/Depth?

Last edited by TheSpider; 02-26-2019 at 10:52 AM.
TheSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:54 AM   #43
jfb8300
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I don't think so to be honest. Also, I think they work quite well they already do right now.

No one is asking for a NCAA league or anything, but as it now there is basically no progression from high school to college leagues. This skews to age of draftees. 65% of draftees should be out of college as in real life, but the feeder league system, as is, only produces 35% college aged draftees.

So even with the work done on player development, it's still not going to get leagues that use feeders to function correctly since I'm presuming all the optimizations were made with game generated draft classes.
jfb8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:54 AM   #44
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Has the option been added to historical play that allows us to choose if we want players that missed a season to reappear or simply stay absent?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:03 AM   #45
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleycchurch View Post
So excited and already pre ordered!!!

My question is, it is May 12th in real life and I want to start a new game on that day, how does it work with the minor leagues? Everyone will have updated major league stats, standings ect. But are Triple A stats, standings , rosters, etc updated as well? Or would everyone in the minors basically have .000 as their statitistics from when I started?
We do have minor league game results (for the high minors levels), but we do not have minor league statistics, so yes, minor leaguers' ratings will not change nor will they show any stats. Also obviously we do not have any data for other leagues, so if you want to play Bundesliga or ***, those won't update at all.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #46
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Will we be able to get minor league spring training in OOTP 20? Major league spring training is great to get the top dogs PT to get the rust off and determine the 25-man and lineups and everything, but I think having a minor league spring would be even better so that we can figure out where we want prospects and others to start the year at.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #47
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Anxious to see the 3d player improvements.

Are the 3d parks being updated with more detail? IE Distances on the walls, black scoreboards being "filled in", better detailed writing on dugout tops (Welcome to the friendly confines etc.), cosmetic issues (Wrigley grass in front of plate comes to a point instead of being round, some stadiums have advertising on the CF wall in the batter's view).

Quote:
All new Spray Charts for players
Improved historical league player ratings and simulation accuracy
All new tiebreaker calculations
Added support to have players in lineup backup other positions, and substitute in starting lineups for them
Teams can participate in multiple tournaments at the same time
More to come, we will update this list once new features get implemented!
Nice additions with more to come.

Will "scoring updates" be added back to the out of town scores widget? Pretty please
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:05 AM   #48
Andy
Hall Of Famer

This is probably an odd request, but will post anyway. I play as manager only, but it would be nice if we could get a pop-up and the option to deny any move the GM tries to make. I know I could play as GM and have the assistant do certain tasks, but that wouldn't solve my problem. I want the GM to at least try to do certain things, but leave the final decision up to me. I was playing a modern sim with the Reds and my GM traded Nick Senzel to the Rays for Nathan Eovaldi. I may have been ok with it if it was for a controllable starter, but I was not contending and Eovaldi was a rental. I would like to have denied my GM from making that trade.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #49
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Excited for this new edition!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #50
sircrayon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We will release this in the Summer if all goes according to plan. Expect more news & info around June / July...
Need to hire any mobile developers to increase dev speed?
sircrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #51
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

I know the new CBA is complex but how much if any is in v20? If FA isn't being updated to at least have a hybrid of the new rules can we at least revisit v19's FA and qualifying offers?

There was an important discussion about FA and qualifying offers last year in this thread, with bigd51 providing data, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...+offers&page=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51 View Post
I've seen Harper sign a cheap, short deal in one of my leagues too. He signed a 3-year deal w/ San Francisco w/ an average salary of $19m...

Just a shot in the dark, but I wonder if Qualifying Offers play a part in this.

1. The QO system doesn't seem to reflect real life. IRL:
A. The amount is the mean salary of MLB's 125 highest-paid players, yet, in the game, the dollar amount of a QO is always $15m. I don't recall ever seeing it change to reflect the mean.

B. For a player to receive a QO, he must never have received one previously in his career, yet, in the game, that's not the case. I once offered a player of mine a QO, he accepted it at $15m, but the following offseason, I was given the option to offer him another one. I didn't because I knew he'd likely accept it again, but didn't want to pay him $15m for another year.
2. Considering the QO amount is always a static $15m, it's just too easy for clubs to get compensation for impending FA's, which leaves me speculating if players aren't being signed quicker because a comp is attached to too many of them and teams aren't willing to give up draft picks for them, even for 1 year deals:
A. High quality RP's like Britton, Chapman, Kimbrel, etc. will always have a comp attached because their demands usually exceed the $15m QO. If he's still pretty young, he'll reject it even if his demand is less (i.e. Mark Melancon's 33 w/ a $12m demand and he rejected a QO)

B. Adrian Beltre is currently a FA in my league. He's 39 and demanding $16m a year, but has a comp attached, meaning he obviously rejected the $15m QO from Texas. The way it stands in the game, from what I've seen, any player w/ a contract demand over $15m will almost assuredly reject a QO. Would a 39 year old reject a 1 year, $15m deal IRL? Highly doubtful. So why would I, even as the Braves who need a 3B and a $40m offseason budget, give up a draft pick for a 39 year old?

C. It's the first day of '18 free agency in my league and there are 20 players w/ a comp attached. IRL, only 9 players were offered QO's in November. The year before, 10 were offered QO's and 2 accepted, meaning only 8 hit the market with comps attached.
If all of this is factored into the in-game free agency process, then it's no wonder why there are so many weird FA contracts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
This is the problem. Thanks for doing the research on the exact number of QO as I wasn't aware of them.

I was hoping for the new CBA rules for v19 but it didn't happen, at least not yet. If the new rules can't be done in a patch then it seems an AI adjustment certainly could for both teams and players along with a flag to limit offers to one?

Of course easy for a non-coder to ask for things without having to consider unintended effects. But maybe the one time flag for offers alone could do a lot and avoid "knock on effects" of trying to tinker too much with the AI of both players and teams?
So barring the new CBA being added are we, or can we at least get a flag to limit QO to one time per player?
Old 02-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #52
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

are there any changes to the way players contracts are valued? Are we still going to have 32 year olds asking for 10 years $250+ million dollar deals? Or are we going to see players like that get about 3 years and depending on skill upwards of $15-$16 million as it is now?
Old 02-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #53
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
I know the new CBA is complex but how much if any is in v20? If FA isn't being updated to at least have a hybrid of the new rules can we at least revisit v19's FA and qualifying offers?

There was an important discussion about FA and qualifying offers last year in this thread, with bigd51 providing data, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...+offers&page=4

So barring the new CBA being added are we, or can we at least get a flag to limit QO to one time per player?
There is a flag to limit to one QO per player.
We do also have a modified version of the MLB FA system, without the first round pick compensation, and where the compensation varies with the size of the new deal and the revenue sharing status of the club (although we don't use exactly the same rules, we try to keep it close).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #54
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There is a flag to limit to one QO per player.
We do also have a modified version of the MLB FA system, without the first round pick compensation, and where the compensation varies with the size of the new deal and the revenue sharing status of the club (although we don't use exactly the same rules, we try to keep it close).
Thanks Matt, this is huge!
Old 02-26-2019, 11:34 AM   #55
saturn2187
All Star Reserve

Can I ask a question?

How does the "Backup when already elsewhere as starter" work?

Perhaps, it would be used in the event of injury? I've tried to do this in the past, but wound up with Catchers playing SS and 1B playing CF.

I have an excellent backup C who i'd like to use at DH when not Catching.
However, if i list him as a starter at DH he will no longer catch, ever.

I'm guessing this will allow that to work?

Likewise if a guy is a SS injury backup, but also Starter elsewhere. If the primary SS goes down, which takes preference? In the past, if my starting 2B was the backup SS as well, he'd keep playing 2B and i'd wind up with any random body at SS.

Hoping for a bit of clarification on this. It could be very useful.

Last edited by saturn2187; 02-26-2019 at 11:38 AM.
saturn2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #56
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Will we be able to get minor league spring training in OOTP 20?
No, sorry.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #57
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboy19 View Post
are there any changes to the way players contracts are valued? Are we still going to have 32 year olds asking for 10 years $250+ million dollar deals? Or are we going to see players like that get about 3 years and depending on skill upwards of $15-$16 million as it is now?
Yes, contract AI has been adjusted.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #58
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Are the 3d parks being updated with more detail?
We have worked a bit on these, yes. But the focus was on the animations, not the parks. We simply do not have enough resources right now to make massive steps forward in terms of ballpark visuals, but that probably changes for future versions, thanks to PT
Old 02-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #59
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Has the option been added to historical play that allows us to choose if we want players that missed a season to reappear or simply stay absent?
No, not yet.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:44 AM   #60
gentlemanofleisure
Minors (Double A)

Is disabled list now called injured list?
gentlemanofleisure is offline   Reply With Quote