Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Who should I keep?

I have an interesting goalie situation for my team. The future is a 20 year old stud with 5.5 star potential, but I dont know what to do with the other 2.
Name:  Image 1.png
Views: 977
Size:  65.3 KB
The one is a 36 year old 3.5 star who is slowly declining (started year as a 4 star), but is still producing at a great rate. The reason I'd consider trading him is because it would open the starting job for the young guy, and I could probably still get really good value while if he takes a nose dive I might not. The thing holding me back is he's still probably the best or 2nd best goalie in my league so I'm not sure if I'm ready to move on.
Name:  tichy.png
Views: 926
Size:  95.6 KB
The 3rd and final one is a 30 year old, and while he's only a 2.5 star when you look at his stats you see he's better than that. He's one of my favorite players and after (grudgingly) trading him a few years back to get a superstar, I re-acquired him in a swap for my backup at the time who I liked, I didnt love like I did with Gerbrandt. The reason I would keep him is he is really cheap and would be a good starter if the prospect struggles, and is a world class back up. I'd trade him because Tichy is a great goalie, and only needing to play him 50 or so games (to save him come playoffs and for experience for the youngin), and he might be able to get a 3rd maybe 4th round pick if I find the right team.
Name:  GOAT.png
Views: 805
Size:  79.7 KB
All in all this is a good problem to have but it's difficult to choose, so I wanted a little input on the situation. Thanks in advance
Old 09-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Are you a cup contender? If so I'd keep Tichy.
If not, if you're a rebuilding, middle of the pack team, rising, or declining team then trade Tichy now for the best return.
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:17 PM   #3
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empach View Post
Are you a cup contender? If so I'd keep Tichy.
If not, if you're a rebuilding, middle of the pack team, rising, or declining team then trade Tichy now for the best return.
I've been to 3 straight won 1 lost in game 7 this past year and the first of the 3 was a Cinderella run cuz we were a young team and made the playoffs the last day as the 4 seed so while it's only 2 rounds we swept a team who was like 15 points better or some crazy number. I'll still wait a day or so just to get more input but I do agree that would be smart as well
Old 09-27-2016, 03:09 AM   #4
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

I would keep Tichy. Sure you won't get as good a value for the other G, but even if he's a 3.0 player in your next season he'd be a capable backup for LaBelle.

I usually go it slow with prospects, and ease them into the lineup. Basically I'd keep Tichy as the 1G until the younger guy takes the spot from him.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

You should keep Tichy as a placeholder at this point. It makes the most sense right now. If he starts to dwindle a little bit, sell.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

Thats what I'll probably do the reason i even considered it is when he seperated his shoulder in the finals and couldn't play it 5 games labelle had like a 1.2 gaa so I thought he was ready
Old 09-27-2016, 05:45 PM   #7
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboy19 View Post
Thats what I'll probably do the reason i even considered it is when he seperated his shoulder in the finals and couldn't play it 5 games labelle had like a 1.2 gaa so I thought he was ready
If I've learned anything from being an Oilers fan all these years, it's that rushing younger players into the NHL based off of small sample sizes of success is not the way to develop them.

To be fair, I'm not sure if the FHM 2 engine (or any sim engine for that matter) is sophisticated enough to simulate "rushing" prospects in that way, but yeah lol
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:12 PM   #8
phillyboy19
All Star Reserve

I'm not a huge hockey fan I bought the game cuz it was half off, but I really enjoy it, but yeah I'll trade Gerbrandt which kills me but LaBelle needs to be in the pros.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:24 PM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Labelle. Solid goalie for you today and will will be the cornerstone player for your franchise for a long time. Just get a serviceable backup.