Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 03-25-2016, 10:47 AM   #41
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Curtneedsaride,

What is Football Manager Mobile?

Do you have a link?

Thx

Last edited by Leefoo; 03-25-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #42
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
Curtneedsaride,

What is Football Manager Mobile?

Do you have a link?

Thx
It's the mobile version of the popular Football Manager franchise.

Here's a link to the iTunes description:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foot...997012040?mt=8

And here's their website:
Football Manager 2016 - The Official Site

I love their save system, allowing you to load a save state before the match that you just lost so you can switch tactics up and substitute players to see if that would get the win. Sometimes it's more fun to do that for me than actually playing through a season. It's like my own little exhibition side-game. And with that kind of save system in MLB Manager 2016, we could save at a point in the season, and be able to go back to it any time (as long as there were multiple save slots). FMM has 4 local saves, 2 auto saves, and 4 iCloud saves. It's nice because with that, I am able to move a save from my phone to my iPad and back. All the while, I am able to keep a couple save slots at certain points in the season where I like to revisit from time to time. And as long as I don't save over them, they'll always be there. And through iTunes, we can access them and archive them, like MLB Manager.

Last edited by curtneedsaride; 03-25-2016 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Correction
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:00 AM   #43
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Rats...thought you were talking American Football, aka, the NFL.

Thx

Last edited by Leefoo; 03-25-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #44
curtneedsaride
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
Rats...thought you were talking American Football, aka, the NFL.

Thx
Have you tried Pro Strategy Football on mobile? I've got it on my iPhone and it's an NFL management sim. You can watch the games play as you select the plays or have the AI select plays for you and literally just watch the game. And when I say watch the game, you actually get to watch it play out with SNES-like Madden graphics. It's awesome. I wish we could have that option to watch MLB Manager play out with old school RBI Baseball-like graphics. Anyway, check that one out for some good ol' American Football.
curtneedsaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:05 PM   #45
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtneedsaride View Post
Have you tried Pro Strategy Football on mobile? I've got it on my iPhone and it's an NFL management sim. You can watch the games play as you select the plays or have the AI select plays for you and literally just watch the game. And when I say watch the game, you actually get to watch it play out with SNES-like Madden graphics. It's awesome. I wish we could have that option to watch MLB Manager play out with old school RBI Baseball-like graphics. Anyway, check that one out for some good ol' American Football.
I just downloaded it...gonna give it a 'look see' over the weekend.

Thx
Old 03-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #46
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

There is also a Pro Strategy Football Career app that includes the in-game stuff, but also includes a management standpoint as well.
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #47
Qdiddy09
Bat Boy

Quote:

Thanks for the info on this looks good will be checking it out later
Qdiddy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #48
russ99
Bat Boy

Big fan of this game, probably gets the most time of any of my iPad games.

This year's edition seems similar to last years with some graphical improvements, a few more screens and options and updated rosters. Using the 0-100 scouting system instead of 0-20 ratings is a nice touch as well. Seems to run significantly faster too.

A slight disappointment with no larger upgrades, but still very much worth it.

Expanded minor leagues (even just for sorting) and a few more contract/draft/arbitration tweaks would be at the top of my list of requests.

A minor thing, yet it bugs me is that the game doesn't seem to track postseason stats.

Maybe with the new database structure used in OOTP, you'll be able to do a bit more for next year's game.

Last edited by russ99; 03-30-2016 at 04:26 PM.
russ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:53 AM   #49
thinkkam
Bat Boy

Please put the past world series winners into the League -> Past Champions screen.
Since all of the player stats are there from previous seasons, it is strange to have no prior champions in the past champions screen when you are starting out.
thinkkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:13 AM   #50
wvbucco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1. The ability to set a size limit for the minor league roster
2. a 40-man roster

Given the above,

3. A rule 5 draft
4. minor league free agency
wvbucco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:32 PM   #51
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Simply put, I like to run all computer teams to replay old seasons, but customize the league format for playoffs.
I know there are a lot of requests for detail, but I still like to just replay seasons in computer mode only and customize leagues and playoffs.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote