Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Injuries are Way too Frequent

So, I have an association, 3 Leagues, 26 teams total/historical players, 1977. The game setting for injury is "Low". I rarely have a day go by without at least 1 injury amongst the 26 teams/13 games played. Usually, there are 3-5 injuries per game day. One team just had all 3 outfielders get hurt in the same game.

This sure doesn't seem like a "Low" frequency to me. Pitcher & Player fatigues are set at "Normal".

Is there another setting that I should be checking? Can anyone comment on if those injury rates seem normal????
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:42 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofbrewtown View Post
So, I have an association, 3 Leagues, 26 teams total/historical players, 1977. The game setting for injury is "Low". I rarely have a day go by without at least 1 injury amongst the 26 teams/13 games played. Usually, there are 3-5 injuries per game day. One team just had all 3 outfielders get hurt in the same game.

This sure doesn't seem like a "Low" frequency to me. Pitcher & Player fatigues are set at "Normal".

Is there another setting that I should be checking? Can anyone comment on if those injury rates seem normal????
Go to league reports home then click on under the knife to see exactly how many injuries you have. Post a screen shot if you can.

See below for an example. Sorry for the bad shot I couldn't match the size. There are a lot of injuries in baseball.
Attached Images

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Also do you have any minor leagues? Injuries tend to attack ML's heavier when you have no minor leagues in my experience.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #4
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks guys.
Regarding minor leagues, I have a 4 league assoc set up kind of like a promotion/relegation system, 8 "major" league teams in 1 league, and 3 six team leagues, designated as AAA, AA, and A (though they don't link/report to the major league teams). Not sure if that's affecting things.

The injuries slowed down a little after I posted this; however, for this league I'll probably adjust fatigues up a level and change the injuries to the lowest level.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:44 PM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Also do you have any minor leagues? Injuries tend to attack ML's heavier when you have no minor leagues in my experience.
Wow, I never knew this. Been playing for years and I more often than not use reserve rosters instead of minors.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #6
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Wow, I never knew this. Been playing for years and I more often than not use reserve rosters instead of minors.
I never knew it either, but it kind of makes sense when you think about it... if the coding treats all affiliated leagues as one when it comes to injuries, a smaller pool of players to pick from would lead to more injuries to the parent club.

And, this is just anecdotal, but my experiences pan out. I turned injuries down to Normal and then to Low when I played a fictional league with 1 level of minors. Now that I'm playing a larger, MLB setup, they've gone back up to Normal, and I'm considering setting them back to High.

Interesting.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #7
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks again - I agree it must be the fact that I am using reserve rosters that are often vacant or contain only a couple of players, with the teams having 22 men active rosters.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:20 PM   #8
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I play on Modern day (realistic) and this is pretty standard for my organization:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 148
Size:  81.0 KB

I'm in the middle of June.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote