Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-09-2015, 01:47 AM   #1
metsguy234
Minors (Triple A)

Some Harvey Haddix-type craziness going on

Playing with my 2022 Nationals against the division-leading Marlins. They're throwing Carlos Rodon, their #2 starter, who's 12-7 with a 3.14 ERA. 8.0 WAR on the season (it's September), so the dude is pretty legit.

Long story short, Rodon is no-hitting us through 7 innings, but he is laboring. He's at 131 pitches, with 4 walks already given up.

Additionally, his team hasn't scored a run. The score is locked at 0-0.

First batter in the 8th is Cedric Slaughter, a light-hitting middle infielder who is making his big-league debut for the Nats that day. He strikes out after fouling off a couple of pitches. Rodon is at 137 pitches now.

Then comes John Murphy, an infielder I had acquired from the Yankees, normally a mediocre hitter. In the 30 or so games since I've acquired him, he's hitting over .400 and has been worth over 2.0 WAR for the Nats. He takes 2 strikes and then grounds out. 140 pitches.

Manny Machado comes up and takes a four-pitch walk from Rodon. 144 pitches. The Marlins manager yanks him.

In comes RJ Alvarez, a former closer for the Red Sox and Angels who had an ill-fated stint in the Nats bullpen earlier this season. I shipped him off to Miami for another nondescript reliever in July.

Alvarez walks our catcher, Jose Ovalles, but then gets our first baseman Justin Bellinger to pop out, ending the inning.

The Marlins load the bases with 2 out in the bottom of the 8th, but I bring in my closer to get out of the jam.

Top 9, RJ Alvarez gets me 1-2-3.

Bottom 9, my closer handles the Marlins easily, sending us to extra innings.

Alvarez stays on for the 10th and gets another 1-2-3 inning, keeping the no-hitter intact for Miami. I bring in a crappier reliever, but they still fail to score in the bottom of the inning.

11th inning, same deal. Alvarez gets us 1-2-3 AGAIN, and my crappy reliever Austin Riley does the same to Miami.

We head to the 12th, and I still have no hits.

Miami brings in Isiah Schroeder, a 26 year old who has just been moved out of the rotation after logging 28 starts. He's 9-12 with a 5.07 ERA.

He gets a quick strikeout of my right fielder, but then BOOM, my DH, Evan Skoug, goes yard. 1-0 Washington. No hitter over.

I bring in Andrew Heaney to close out the game in the bottom of the 12th, and he does just that.

Definitely one of the craziest games I've ever managed.

Name:  no hitta 1.PNG
Views: 234
Size:  146.1 KB

Name:  no hitta 2.PNG
Views: 234
Size:  82.6 KB
metsguy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:21 AM   #2
FunkyBike1
Minors (Double A)

[Insert circlejerk NL DH comment here]
FunkyBike1 is offline   Reply With Quote