Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-08-2015, 05:57 PM   #1
ezpl
Bat Boy

Few Questions

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right spot but I'm going to go with it. I have a few questions. Long time FM player and have been wanting to jump into OOTP.

1. Should I wait for OOTP 16 or just go ahead with 15? It's a really good price right now but is it worth the wait.

2. If I get 15, could I still play in a league that is in a lower version?

3. I got this urge to create a fictional league, how in depth does it get? Especially with financial differences and cities, etc?

4. When I get it, what are some mods and things I absolutely should have to make this game even more badass?

Thanks!

PS. - What leagues should I check out? I played in some Baseball Mogul ones way back in the day, that's one of the really attractive parts of it for me.

Last edited by ezpl; 02-08-2015 at 06:04 PM.
ezpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpl View Post
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right spot but I'm going to go with it. I have a few questions. Long time FM player and have been wanting to jump into OOTP.

1. Should I wait for OOTP 16 or just go ahead with 15? It's a really good price right now but is it worth the wait.

2. If I get 15, could I still play in a league that is in a lower version?

3. I got this urge to create a fictional league, how in depth does it get? Especially with financial differences and cities, etc?

4. When I get it, what are some mods and things I absolutely should have to make this game even more badass?

Thanks!

PS. - What leagues should I check out? I played in some Baseball Mogul ones way back in the day, that's one of the really attractive parts of it for me.
1. get it if you can't wait almost 2 months. I'll play 2-3 seasons in full before now and when 16 comes out. I'll sim 2 decades by the time 16 comes out.

2. yes but you would have to get the demos for any version you dont have and convert it to each version til you get it converted to 15 or 16.

3. it goes as in depth as you want to get. I created most of the star wars & Star Trek planets in my EBL vs MLB league. I have about 200 cities on Endor and matched real cities up with places on Endor, Coruscant & Tatooine to name a few. The sky is the limit

4. Depends on what type of league you are playing
Justafan logos forum
The nickname project sets 1- 4 forum
Pstricket ball park files 1901- today forum
Gambo ballpark files OOTPmods..com
2k or MLB The Shoe graphical park photos ootpmods.com & forum JRP set
Any park photo set by gambo ootpmods.com
Jersey creator, Pickoff & cap creator by Justafan forum
Reds1 1960? - today uniform set forum
No Pepper / Ashate Warrior 1901 - 1960? AL & NL uniform set forum
Gambo historical logos ootpmods.com
facegen modeller google
all player photos add ons central
Those are the ones i use that are essential for any league i play Some can be found in add ons central in game but i forgot which ones.

Also just about anyone, txranger, Knuckler, irrecula, Gern44, Stlee, That70'sguy, Fyrestorm & anyone else who i forgot will make uniforms for you.
If you like Negro League, *** & other misc players use the Spritze HS database, forum. PM him.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:20 PM   #3
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

I would also add Questdog's name mod to the list of must-haves.

Just check out the Mods forum, OOTPMods.com, and the Add-Ons Central inside the game itself, and see what interests you. And don't be afraid to ask for help using any of them.

The Game pretty much covered everything else.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:11 AM   #4
ezpl
Bat Boy

Wow, both great responses guys! Thanks so much!
ezpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #5
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpl View Post
Wow, both great responses guys! Thanks so much!
yeah you will get that here. One of the best features of OOTP is the amazing community!

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #6
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I would also add Questdog's name mod to the list of must-haves.
I can't emphasize this enough. It really transforms your fictional world into something so much more believable. You can have all the best logos and jerseys you want, but if you have a white dude named JaMarcus Williams populating your leader board, it completely wrecks the experience. Questdog fixes that and I can't thank him enough.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #7
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
I can't emphasize this enough. It really transforms your fictional world into something so much more believable. You can have all the best logos and jerseys you want, but if you have a white dude named JaMarcus Williams populating your leader board, it completely wrecks the experience. Questdog fixes that and I can't thank him enough.
I dunno... in an early version, I had David Ortiz get facegen'd as a scrawny white guy, and it was funny enough that I kept it that way.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote