Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
goalieump413
All Star Reserve

Individual pitches, development, improvement

OK, so I'm now aware (newb) that individual pitches are not something that can be developed or improved based on individual strategies or coaching. Apparently, adding a pitch to a pitcher's repertoire is a random event, and improvement/regression of a type of pitch is too.

So here's my idea of the day: Add the ability for you to have pitchers in your organization add and improve the pitches they throw. There are a few ideas I have for how to do this in-game:
  1. Add a winter ball or off season workout program that focuses coaching resources for that player to improve/add a pitch.
  2. Same as above, but in minors.
  3. It would be a slider based screen similar to the scouting budget screen, where a player's pitches are listed and the rate he should throw those pitches is adjustable.
  4. When adding a pitch, use a checkbox. Of course, it takes time to develop a pitch, sometimes over the course of 12-18 months.

Here's my reasoning for adding this functionality: Power pitchers get hitters out differently than control pitchers, and sinker-slider pitchers differ just as much. Each style can have its advantages, and varying what hitters see throughout the course of a game is what helps make relievers more effective. It's not just the platoon advantage, its the speed of a fastball, the break of a slider, etc.

I think it'd be nice to have a greater degree of developmental control over what pitches a pitcher can throw. I'd like my power pitchers to develop a good fastball sure, but a changeup added to his bag of tricks helps the fastball look faster.

Don't know how tough it would be to add this. I'm sure the core of the game takes into account each pitch type and its rating. I'm just wondering if development in this area can be more manually controlled.
goalieump413 is offline   Reply With Quote