Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
blasek0
Major Leagues

Custom Playoff Structures

The ability to further customize playoff structures, so you could customize your playoff format to include things like consecutive bye rounds.

As an example, I want to create a playoff structure where 8 teams qualify for each side of the playoffs, with both sides following an identical structure that goes like this.

Round 1, 1 game:
1 seed - bye
2 seed - bye
3 seed - bye
4 seed - bye
5 seed vs 8 seed
6 seed vs 7 seed

round 2, 7 games:
1 seed - bye
2 seed - bye
3 seed vs lowest remaining seed
4 seed vs highest remaining seed

round 3, 7 games:
1 seed vs lowest remaining seed
2 seed vs highest remaining seed

round 4, 7 games:
Whichever 2 teams are left

Currently, our options are limited to only being allowed to set up the 1st round, and every team must play in every round following that, and I would like to be able to set up more complicated playoff structures if I desire to.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasek0 View Post
...I would like to be able to set up more complicated playoff structures if I desire to.
The problem there is coming up with a playoff construction interface system to handle it. And that is no easy feat. I say that as someone who has spent a great deal of time thinking up a flexible yet not too complicated customization system for OOTP (some of which is in the game now).

Conventional playoff structures aren't too bad. But the more one diverges from that into wholly unusual scenarios, the more difficult it becomes to create a sensible interface system that will allow them and the more 'normal' playoff formats.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote