Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
BillDinAZ
Bat Boy

How do I make roster changes?

I'm very new to OOTP, having installed OOTP13 just last week. I am a manual studier so I set up an historical league based on the 2012 season. I have a player ready to come off the DL. When I drug him over onto the 40 man roster it said he was already there. When I drag him to the active roster it says it already has 25 players. I can't figure out how to move a player off the active roster back to the reserve roster so that I can put someone new on the active roster. Where am I missing in the manual how to do this?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
BillDinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
BillDinAZ
Bat Boy

BTW - On the Manager Options window, I am in Commissioner Mode and have the human manager I created listed to make all Player Control Settings decisions. Not sure this make any difference but just in case.
Thanks.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Scottiedog
All Star Reserve

Since the player is on the DL I assume your 25 man roster is full. If so you need to demote a player to create an opening for the player being remove from the DL.

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem. "

Giovani della Casa

"I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative”
Scottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
BillDinAZ
Bat Boy

I don't want to demote.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to demote him. I just want to remove him from the active roster while leaving him on the 40-man roster. The only options under Transactions on the Context Menu are into various minor league organizations but, since the player (Willie Bloomquist) is out of option years, he can't even be demoted to the minors until he clears waivers.

Isn't there some way I can swap a player (Stephen Drew) that is on the 40-man roster with a player currently on the active roster?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDinAZ View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to demote him. I just want to remove him from the active roster while leaving him on the 40-man roster. The only options under Transactions on the Context Menu are into various minor league organizations but, since the player (Willie Bloomquist) is out of option years, he can't even be demoted to the minors until he clears waivers.

Isn't there some way I can swap a player (Stephen Drew) that is on the 40-man roster with a player currently on the active roster?
You can't just remove a player from the active roster, it's simply not allowed. He has to be assigned somewhere.

If you want to remove him from the 25-man roster, you have to demote him. In Bloomquist's case, that means you'll have to waive him (and, I believe, designate him for assignment). If he clears waivers, then you can demote him. He'll still be on the 40-man roster since he has a major league contract.

If he's so important to you that you don't want to risk exposing him to waivers, then you'll have to demote somebody who has minor league options left to make room for the player coming off the DL.

Technically, you can force the move in commissioner mode, but I honestly think that's contrary to the spirit of the game since the AI can't do that.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 01-03-2013 at 06:41 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
BillDinAZ
Bat Boy

Thanks.

That truly does answer my question. And, just as an experiment, since my last post I did exactly what you describe, finding a player who could be demoted directly to minors and then moving Stephen Drew onto my active roster.

Thanks again to all who replied and tried to help.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
tribefan1
Bat Boy

Single A roster

I am new to this game and I am managing (not the GM) a Single A team that now has several players on the DL. My roster is down to 22 players and the AI is not adding any players to get the roster back up to 25 players until some start coming off the DL. How do I add players to a Single A roster?
tribefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

1) You do not have the authority because you are the manager.
2) You can create another manager that does not run a team and grant them commissioner powers. This will allow you to go to a player anywhere in the game (including FA), go into the Editor tab of the players profile and place them on any team in the league.
3) My guess is you have "Allow incomplete minor league rosters (enable ghost players) checked in your league options. (Search the manual for ghost players). This allows the game to proceed when an SA team of one of your competitors is short a player or two. I am assuming the AI is less than diligent in filling the minor league clubs when this is enabled but I do not know that for sure.
Quote:
I am new to this game and I am managing (not the GM) a Single A team
This may make the game very difficult. Without the authority to keep players on your team or to add players the life of an OOTP minor league manager is a special form of challenge. If you find it fun then go for it but if the fun is taken out of it the go to the Majors. The ability to delegate certain tasks to the AI makes the majors a great place to learn.
Good luck this is an awesome game.
Tom
Old 02-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
tribefan1
Bat Boy

Thanks for the info, especially about the ghost players. I will start searching the manual.
tribefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #10
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan1 View Post
Thanks for the info, especially about the ghost players. I will start searching the manual.
If you have more questions feel free to post them. The community is pretty helpful.