Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
CharlesC
Minors (Single A)

Problem: downloading multiple sets of rookies

My historical leagues (that start 1901 or earlier) download one set of rookies every February. Regrettably, my historical leagues that begin in the '40s or '50s download 2 or 3 sets.

Is there any way to prevent multiple rookie downloads? I do not use a draft (the rookies go to their first actual major league team). I am using the Lahman Database.

Thanks for any help,

Charles
CharlesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
SteveP

Don't know why that would happen.

Are you playing these leagues from different eras at the same time: i.e., you are currently playing a 1910 league and a 1950 league, and have the problem only with the latter? Do the multiple rookie downloads all happen on the same day (i.e., the first day of preseason), or on different days?
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
David Ball
Minors (Triple A)

I am not entirely sure I understand what's going on here and not entirely sure I have a solution, but with that said, I do have a suggestion that may heko. In one universe, I found I was getting duplicate versions of my players. I went without a draft and assumed all the rookies would come in only to their real teams at the major league level, so taht nobody would be originally imported onto a minor league roster . Without thinking about it much, however, I set each of the minors to import historical rookies. I think that was what caused the duplication.

At any rate, I quit the league, started another one with only the major league set to import the historical players and I have not had the problem again.
David Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
Bahgoon
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ball View Post
I am not entirely sure I understand what's going on here and not entirely sure I have a solution, but with that said, I do have a suggestion that may heko. In one universe, I found I was getting duplicate versions of my players. I went without a draft and assumed all the rookies would come in only to their real teams at the major league level, so taht nobody would be originally imported onto a minor league roster . Without thinking about it much, however, I set each of the minors to import historical rookies. I think that was what caused the duplication.

At any rate, I quit the league, started another one with only the major league set to import the historical players and I have not had the problem again.
Yes, check your minor league set up. I was futzing around once and noticed 6 clones of every rookie on the day after the draft because every minor league was importing.
Bahgoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
happyharrell
Minors (Double A)

Any other possible solutions? I am only importing rookies for my major league, but I'm still getting guys that import multiple years. I think three different Jonny Podres were drafted in three straight years.
happyharrell is offline   Reply With Quote