Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:52 AM   #1
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Some AI teams not expanding roster to 28 in Sept?

This isn't a huge deal but maybe a bit strange. My game is imported from v20 where I manually changed Sept call-ups to 28 and rosters to 26 before the season started. I wouldn't think this would have anything to do with the issue but mention it for thoroughness. I imported to v21 mid-season, early August, and have hit my first Sept. I thought this should be interesting and with so few moves available I went to the league transaction screen to see what teams did. There were hardly any moves made.

Looking at my league I have approx (from memory, exact # may be +\- 1)
8 teams called up 2
6 called up 1
the rest called up nobody ? Not a third C, not a prospect, nobody?

I think OOTP has tried to do a better job of saving MLB days of service to hold back the clock for top prospects. That could explain some of it, I guess but.. certainly wouldn't stop them from getting bullpen help, extra catcher etc.

Certainly didn't see this type of behavior when the call-up was 40.

Are others seeing this?
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
This isn't a huge deal but maybe a bit strange. My game is imported from v20 where I manually changed Sept call-ups to 28 and rosters to 26 before the season started. I wouldn't think this would have anything to do with the issue but mention it for thoroughness. I imported to v21 mid-season, early August, and have hit my first Sept. I thought this should be interesting and with so few moves available I went to the league transaction screen to see what teams did. There were hardly any moves made.

Looking at my league I have approx (from memory, exact # may be +\- 1)
8 teams called up 2
6 called up 1
the rest called up nobody ? Not a third C, not a prospect, nobody?

I think OOTP has tried to do a better job of saving MLB days of service to hold back the clock for top prospects. That could explain some of it, I guess but.. certainly wouldn't stop them from getting bullpen help, extra catcher etc.

Certainly didn't see this type of behavior when the call-up was 40.

Are others seeing this?
Yes but i figure the AI has decided no one was worth bringing up.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I don't like bringing people up unless it was taxi like personnel.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:29 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've seen this and reported it during beta, I thought it had been fixed but even in a new MLB fictional league I'm seeing it. I will say, some teams do have 28 and I always bring up one pitcher and one hitter.

So maybe Matt can shed some light or maybe it's working as intended and some teams don't want to bring anyone up.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:51 PM   #5
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I get the "don't waste service time of prospects" and the AI being well, intelligent there.

Just seems an extra min-sal bullpen help and extra C or bat would be the norm.

Also making sure it wasn't just me. Thanks.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

They probably should be calling up the could extra players. I know the logic in the past has always been to not press things to the limit, but that mattered more when the limit was the 40-man roster. So might be some things in the AI we can tweak.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote