Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:08 PM   #1
Fronzizzle
Minors (Double A)

What age do you promote from International Complex?

Hello all,

Just wondering at roughly what age you promote players from the International complex in your league?

I have deleted all rookie leagues, so when I promote I have to send the players directly to Low A, which is usually overflowing with players from the previous 2 years' worth of draft picks, plus promoted players.

Typically, I promote them when they are 19, if they have enough potential since they get moved at 20 automatically anyway. However, I have some high-potential players that were 16, 17 but seemed to decline at 18 and 19. I'm wondering if I need to promote them sooner? I don't think I'd want to move 16-year-olds to Low A and maybe not 17-year-olds either, but if an 18-year-old has potential it might be beneficial to move him.
Fronzizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #2
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

I think perhaps, by deleting the rookie leagues, you've created a bit of a bottleneck problem for yourself. Normally I move them into either DSL or Rookie when they reach 18, or earlier if they have talent. A year on, if they've improved, keep or move up again, or release if no improvement.
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:44 PM   #3
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Never younger than 17. I promote when they're ready, simple as that.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #4
lukestephens2293
Minors (Triple A)

18 sometimes 19
Old 04-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

For 2* and above typically 18 and the rest I let stay and auto promote at 20.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:01 PM   #6
backupbatboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I leave them there until they are 20 unless they have great potential and are progressing exceptionally well. Once every maybe 3 years I promote someone myself, and that is with it set to find more international free agents
backupbatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:28 PM   #7
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

If they have any talent at all, 18. Otherwise, I let them get autopromoted by the AI (which is new this year, I think?).
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #8
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake Appeal View Post
If they have any talent at all, 18. Otherwise, I let them get autopromoted by the AI (which is new this year, I think?).
Really? :scampers away to fire up v21 and see what setting my imported game decided to use:
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #9
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Remember they accumulate service time even in the intl complex I don't sweat it and I just wait for them to get auto promoted unless he has really good potential and I want to see some stats right away I don't think it does any harm if you leave them there think of it as a reserve roster
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:29 PM   #10
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

I rarely leave anyone in the IC past 18. I usually do not leave anyone in the IC for more than 2 seasons. If they have some potential, I will promote them to the DSL when they are 17 or 16. If they show talent I try to get them to the GCL or SS when they are 18. If not as talented I may wait till they are 19 or 20. For most players, I like to see them playing games, at least in the DSL as quickly as possible.

Last edited by jeffw3000; 04-02-2020 at 03:32 PM.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:29 PM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake Appeal View Post
They are always autopromoted at age 20. (not sure how far back that goes, but it was in 20.. and 19 I believe)
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #12
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzizzle View Post
Hello all,

Just wondering at roughly what age you promote players from the International complex in your league?

I have deleted all rookie leagues, so when I promote I have to send the players directly to Low A, which is usually overflowing with players from the previous 2 years' worth of draft picks, plus promoted players.

Typically, I promote them when they are 19, if they have enough potential since they get moved at 20 automatically anyway. However, I have some high-potential players that were 16, 17 but seemed to decline at 18 and 19. I'm wondering if I need to promote them sooner? I don't think I'd want to move 16-year-olds to Low A and maybe not 17-year-olds either, but if an 18-year-old has potential it might be beneficial to move him.
Not by age

By abilities. When they are able to perform in rookie ball
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:56 PM   #13
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Deleting rookie leagues? That's crazy.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:00 PM   #14
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Deleting rookie leagues? That's crazy.
that is exactly what I took away from his post too, lol

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:06 PM   #15
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hello all,

Many high potential players decline at 18 and 19, but it's not due to them being international.

If you care for a longer read, I did address your question in a guide that I wrote https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=305472. By no means take it as the gospel, they are just my opinions. Plenty of people have agreed, plenty disagree.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 04-02-2020, 11:33 PM   #16
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
Many high potential players decline at 18 and 19, but it's not due to them being international.

If you care for a longer read, I did address your question in a guide that I wrote https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=305472. By no means take it as the gospel, they are just my opinions. Plenty of people have agreed, plenty disagree.
Yeah I promote out of Complex at 18. Sometimes If they are beasts I'll take them out at immediately.

I would say be very careful about signing int amateurs with 0 to little defense. You basically have to wait for it to pop. And if it doesn't then they are a 1B or DH for life.

I don't think there is anything a human player can do to get their defense ratings to pop either. Not talking about positional but actually defense. If they don't get defense then they can't get positional.

If I end up with some of those guys I'll leave them in the complex hoping their defense pops in order to get them to play some kind of position. If it doesn't you just wasted your money.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:36 PM   #17
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Yeah I promote out of Complex at 18. Sometimes If they are beasts I'll take them out at immediately.

I would say be very careful about signing int amateurs with 0 to little defense. You basically have to wait for it to pop. And if it doesn't then they are a 1B or DH for life.

I don't think there is anything a human player can do to get their defense ratings to pop either. Not talking about positional but actually defense. If they don't get defense then they can't get positional.

If I end up with some of those guys I'll leave them in the complex hoping their defense pops in order to get them to play some kind of position. If it doesn't you just wasted your money.
Yep, sometimes they are already good enough to play stateside

Old 04-03-2020, 12:13 AM   #18
ablobj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Hello all,

I have no idea...I'd have to ask my assistant GM...He puts in a lot more work than I do
ablobj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:46 AM   #19
lukestephens2293
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Remember they accumulate service time even in the intl complex I don't sweat it and I just wait for them to get auto promoted unless he has really good potential and I want to see some stats right away I don't think it does any harm if you leave them there think of it as a reserve roster
dont they only accumulate service time on the active roster?
Old 04-03-2020, 01:13 AM   #20
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukestephens2293 View Post
dont they only accumulate service time on the active roster?
I think he meant time as a pro. Meaning that they would become MiL FA after 6 years and also could be subjected to the rule 5 draft sooner