Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:21 PM   #1
kcroyalty29
Minors (Single A)

Out Of The Park Bender

I haven't played any sort of computer or video game for ten years UNTIL the last ten days with OOTP 21.

And I. Am. Addicted.

I'm 39 and in quarantine even away from my girlfriend, and only going into work a few hours a day.

The last 10 days, I play around 6 hours a day (minimum) and on the weekends, have had two days where I played 12 hours or more.

Is this normal? Does anyone have me beat? And is it something you only did once or is it a yearly thing for the first couple of months each new edition comes out?

LOVE this game.
kcroyalty29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:39 PM   #2
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

welcome to the jungle
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:55 PM   #3
slugga27
All Star Starter

This is a completely normal side effect.

If it makes you feel any better, there are people around here who put in thousands (yes, thousands) of hours a year into OOTP. I envy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
backupbatboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

One of the reasons I didn't buy OOTP21 through Steam this year was because I don't want to know how many hours I put into it. There is no amount that is enough
backupbatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:18 PM   #5
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by backupbatboy View Post
One of the reasons I didn't buy OOTP21 through Steam this year was because I don't want to know how many hours I put into it. There is no amount that is enough

Hate to break it to you, but you can find the number in the direct version as well.

slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:27 PM   #6
backupbatboy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
Hate to break it to you, but you can find the number in the direct version as well.

Oh I know, but it isn't staring me in the face every time I start the game
backupbatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:29 PM   #7
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcroyalty29 View Post
I haven't played any sort of computer or video game for ten years UNTIL the last ten days with OOTP 21.

And I. Am. Addicted.

I'm 39 and in quarantine even away from my girlfriend, and only going into work a few hours a day.

The last 10 days, I play around 6 hours a day (minimum) and on the weekends, have had two days where I played 12 hours or more.

Is this normal? Does anyone have me beat? And is it something you only did once or is it a yearly thing for the first couple of months each new edition comes out?

LOVE this game.
Welcome!! What kind of leagues do you play?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:16 PM   #8
kcroyalty29
Minors (Single A)

Just versus the computer for now. Might dig into an online league this summer once i get this game completely down if the Royals are ever open!
kcroyalty29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #9
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Name:  one-of-us-gif-10.gif
Views: 502
Size:  148.3 KB
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:38 PM   #10
rworth88
Minors (Double A)

Been on a bender since OOTP 10...
rworth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:48 PM   #11
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Remember the first step:

I, (state your name), admit that I am powerless over OOTP and that my life has become unmanageable.

While you are at it, just remember to pledge your allegiance to the OOTP frat.... with liberty and fraternity for all. AMEN.

(Brother Bluto, please give the new member his pledge pin)

Signed, Brother "Otter Matthewson" of House Delta Tau Chi.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:57 PM   #12
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just versus the computer for now. Might dig into an online league this summer once i get this game completely down if the Royals are ever open!
I meant, do you play MLB standard, historical, Custom? Hopefully you don't sink too much time in perfect team or I'd have to lose respect for you

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:55 AM   #13
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

Welcome! OOTP sure does turn into a everyday job, but a fun one none the less! I've been addicted since OOTP16! Seems like forever ago!

Don't be afraid to ask questions on the forums, most people would love to help out! That's why I love this community over over sports forums!

Enjoy!
Old 03-31-2020, 10:04 AM   #14
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:

And I. Am. Addicted.

LOVE this game.

This is so normal man this game will get you hooked and then never let you go It can be so fun until you lose game 7 of the World series On some Bull**** error by your 8 time Gold Glove LF, then give up the game for what you say will be a week but it's like 2 days and when you finally win the Series 4 In game years later you give your computer the finger while you fist bump and bask it the Joy of winning, you don't even think about moving forward to try and Win it all again.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:10 AM   #15
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Welcome, kcroyalty29!! I know exactly how you feel. I'm 45 and I don't have a console or PC video games. I was hooked after the first night of playing. Like you, I've had 12-hour sessions, maybe longer. Most of the day I'm in this forum or in OOTP 21 or both. I'm disabled from chronic issues that exist due to a liver transplant, but I'm alive! I'm sick all the time. Plus, I only sleep about 1-3 hours every 24-30+ hours or so. I'm often up 48 hours straight, maybe more at times. So, all I have is hours and hours to spend on OOTP.

EDIT: Almost forgot... Your Royals just screwed me in the ALCS, so I'm not very happy with Kansas City right now! :

Last edited by ALB123; 03-31-2020 at 10:13 AM.
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:19 AM   #16
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

"Hi, my name is Bob and I'm an OOTP-aholic." I'm in my 15th season of addiction."

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:01 PM   #17
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
"Hi, my name is Bob and I'm an OOTP-aholic." I'm in my 15th season of addiction."
11th season here. I'm been told there is no cure.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:55 PM   #18
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

On corona virus lockdown with my 8 month old boy and wife. And I literally play every moment that I can. Usually when the baby and wife go to bed around 830-9, I’m on it until 3-4 AM every night. And by the time it’s time to go to bed after playing for 6-7 hours, I still have a very difficult time turning it off.

Wife asked me the other day. Why don’t you turn your PS4 on anymore? The answer is OOTP. Big thanks to all who has a hand in making this game as great as it is. The best $40 I spend all year.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:07 PM   #19
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Wait until you have a team that's stacked and loaded and you love and they utterly disappoint you in the playoffs but years later one of your mediocre run of the mill teams gets hot and lucky and wins it all for you.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:25 PM   #20
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Remember when we could watch real MLB games while playing OOTP?

Quote:

And I. Am. Addicted.

LOVE this game.
I have now stopped going into the office (City Hall) and am working from home full time for the foreseeable future! How many hours I will play OOTP21 is anyone's guess but it will be allot! My wife even is asking me too play (for an attitude adjustment), lol!

Name:  alienware nebula red3.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  149.7 KB

Last edited by Mariner and Giants Fan; 03-31-2020 at 11:29 PM. Reason: spell
Mariner and Giants Fan is offline   Reply With Quote