Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:09 AM   #1
rhombus46
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Help setting up a Historical Sim

I am trying to set up a historical sim, starting in 1901, since that's the oldest reliable date. I am having trouble with something specific. Here's how I want to set it up:

- Real players with real debut years
- Players enter as free agents, can sign with whomever they wish
- Real teams, but with automatic expansion off.
- Real minor leagues when available
- No color barrier

I would like to be able to control which teams move and when team are added or subtracted. However, when I deselect Automatic League Expansion, the option for Real Minor Leagues goes away. In addition, the historical players don't import at the beginning of 1902. No Addie Joss, no Evers or Chance.

Can anyone help me understand why this is happening and what a workaround might be?
rhombus46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #2
drambrosini
Minors (Rookie Ball)

at the moment, it's not possible to do what you want.

if you have automatic expansion off, the game will simply not import any players from the minor leaguers database (or any other players, in fact).

so, if you want to have the minor league players, you are stuck with also having the minor league structure that comes with the game.

it's a shame, and it really goes against the customization aspect of OOTP, but that's just how the game works for now. I really hope they will change that in the future (OOTP20, maybe?)

that's why Orcin and some others have started the FREE THE MINOR LEAGUE DATABASE campaign, lol.

at the moment, there's two possible ways to get around that issue.

1) use the Sprize database.

2) set up your game with the regular MLB database, but then manually import (with a txt file) the minor league players from the minor league db every offseason. this is a great deal of work, and it would be way better if the game just did it for you automatically, but it's the only way to do it for now.

Last edited by drambrosini; 06-11-2018 at 12:53 PM.
drambrosini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #3
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drambrosini View Post
at the moment, there's two possible ways to get around that issue.

1) use the Sprize database.

2) set up your game with the regular MLB database, but then manually import (with a txt file) the minor league players from the minor league db every offseason. this is a great deal of work, and it would be way better if the game just did it for you automatically, but it's the only way to do it for now.
when is your draft? If it's in June, the players will import a year later than in real life. If it's in Dec. or after the off season starts, they should appear in the correct years, if i recall correctly.

drambrosini is correct. Easiest is the use Spritze.
to do the text thing IS a pain, but once you figure out how to do it, it's just a matter of getting the files together for each year.

first of all, i make a copy of my .csv file and only sort/edit that copy, never the original. i used Apache Open Office (free program) to open and sort my .csv files.
If you sort the MiLB .csv file by debut year (columns AA i think, not at my game to check), it'll put all the players from a given year in order. The player ID's are in column B. You then need to copy all the player IDs from, say 1903, paste them in a text file. Then after each player, you need to add a coma a space and 1903 (ie - , 1903). After you do that, save that file in a folder (folder to be called something like players to import) and save the actual text file you just created under a name as "1903 minor leaguers". (i use Notepad ++ for my text files - also free - rather than standard notepad, though that works as well.)Then you can import a single season of players easily with the import function of the game via text files option.

not real easy,nor a lot of fun - but very doable.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 06-11-2018 at 09:43 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:13 AM   #4
rhombus46
Minors (Rookie Ball)

drambosini and mitchkenn,

Thanks to you both for your help on this. I will note that in OOTP18 I was able to disable automatic expansion and get all real life players to import automatically, but that was a fictional league with historical teams added. I will try that process again but it seems very strange that I can't tell the game to import all players connected to any Historical Team ID as free agents every year. That seems like a fairly simple command.

Thanks again for your help.
rhombus46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:21 AM   #5
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
when is your draft? If it's in June, the players will import a year later than in real life. If it's in Dec. or after the off season starts, they should appear in the correct years, if i recall correctly.

drambrosini is correct. Easiest is the use Spritze.
to do the text thing IS a pain, but once you figure out how to do it, it's just a matter of getting the files together for each year.

first of all, i make a copy of my .csv file and only sort/edit that copy, never the original. i used Apache Open Office (free program) to open and sort my .csv files.
If you sort the MiLB .csv file by debut year (columns AA i think, not at my game to check), it'll put all the players from a given year in order. The player ID's are in column B. You then need to copy all the player IDs from, say 1903, paste them in a text file. Then after each player, you need to add a coma a space and 1903 (ie - , 1903). After you do that, save that file in a folder (folder to be called something like players to import) and save the actual text file you just created under a name as "1903 minor leaguers". (i use Notepad ++ for my text files - also free - rather than standard notepad, though that works as well.)Then you can import a single season of players easily with the import function of the game via text files option.

not real easy,nor a lot of fun - but very doable.

I did the latter for 1901, since I used the original odb database and wanted the pre 1901 Negro and PCL players. It was a pain

I am now using Spritze's odb file and master, should I turn use real minors & automatically expand league off then? Since I should get everyone at the age of 18 or somewhere near that age automatically as a FA? I don't want players doubled . I am using tigerfans way of creating minors in 1901 guide from the historical simulation forum.

Last edited by Carlton; 06-14-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote