Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 11-30-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
jeepis12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Would anybody be willing to check my world_default.xml file?

I'm working on creating a fictional world using outer space, such as the Moon, Mars, Jupiter, etc. The entire outer space is its own continent.

I made a duplicate copy of the world_default.xml file, added the nations/cities of outer space, and then added it to OOTP's database.

Whenever I try to start OOTP and select regions or nation, nothing shows up at all.

The file is right here at this dropbox link. The file should automatically download when you click on it.

Thanks for your help! I'd really love to get this file working so I can start my dynasty with the Luna Apollos!
jeepis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:09 PM   #2
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

Simple fix...

Bad news and good news about your xml...

Bad news: The file in your .zip has a non-standard format that OOTP can't read due to the use of Excel to edit it.

Good news: If you open it in Excel, and copy the whole file into a text editor (I used Notepad++ for my doings, you'll find it at https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download [shameless plug, I know]), and save the .xml file there, it will read properly.

Bad news: There are some minor errors that OOTP is having errors parsing.

Good news: It's (mostly) only because of missing </STATE> flags. These states have them:

1. Vesta
2. Hygiea
3. Harmony One
4. Nolan Station
5. Ganymede
6. Europa

There is also a region error that shows up with Venus; a <REGION_NATIONS> flag is missing at the beginning (there is a proper ending for it, however...)

Does this make sense? I'm no expert, but world editing/building is an area I enjoy working with, and those things are what I saw from first glance and did from first tinkering with your .xml file.

Anyway, make those little adjustments, and you can rep the Apollos proudly. Let me know if it works out for you.
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #3
jeepis12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks!

What you did was incredibly helpful! I followed exactly what you told me and I got it working (although in TextEdit since I'm on a mac).

It seems to be working! I have Luna, Mars, and Venus all in the game already!

However, OOTP keep saying that there's a parsing error at line 291 or 292 (around there). Here is the link to an updated file.

Can you please help me figure it out? I can't seem to get it work?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

A few states (Vesta, Harmony One, Nolan Station, Ganymede, and Europa) are still missing the </STATE> flag. Hygiea is correct now.

The issues with a lack of a <REGION_NATIONS> flag remains with Venus; they're now also existing with a few other regions too: Lagrange Islands, Asteroid Belt, Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto. (They didn't seem to be a problem in the first copy, which is why I didn't mention them then...)

The line in question, however, has a different error: The wrong type of quotation marks.
<CAPITAL id=“1000147” />
Angled quotation marks cause parsing issues. Using the normal quotation marks allows it to parse correctly. This is the only such error in the file.

Does that make sense? If it does (or if it doesn't), let me know how it goes.

Making those changes should allow your file to parse correctly and allow your league(s) to take shape the way you'd like.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #5
jeepis12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

FINALLY WORKED.

I fixed your suggestions, and I caught a few others errors (similar missing things) in other places that you overlooked too.

Thanks for all of the help! I had no idea about the quotation marks. I finally understand what everybody was saying about how coding is tough! I'll need to find a compatible program for Macs to make my life so much easier.

Now, onto the nation flags, and I'll finally get the Luna Apollos started!

Anything else I should know in general, just in case?

Thanks again!
Old 12-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #6
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

Only thing I'd suggest is to be aware that Mars, Venus, and Neptune have the same abbreviations as, respectively, Morocco, Venezuela, and Neptune. (I think those are the only ones like that.) If the countries of Earth are still being used, that is something to watch out for.

Otherwise, you should be good. With that, I wish you success with your Apollos. If any unforeseen issues crop up, though, you'll know what to do.