Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLBM 2018 - General Discussions

MLBM 2018 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2018, the baseball management game for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Bug Reporting

Hi Sebastian,

What would be the best way to send bug reports to you? The new interface is definitely a big improvement over previous editions, but I've noticed a few cosmetic glitches that could probably be fixed pretty easily for the next update.

Thanks for the new version and we're all looking forward to the incremental updates and improvements!

sfnate
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Please post the here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3927

(We already fixed plenty of cosmetic issues for the upcoming patch.)

Thanks for the support!

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-30-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:06 PM   #3
Edster007
All Star Starter

I don't know if this is bug or not but it has never happened to me in any other version of the game. Everyone is rested and 100%, all controls are set to human. I am replaying the 1984 Cub season and after the 3rd game of the season when I start a game the game inserts Thad Bosley as my starting right fielder when a right handed pitcher is pitching. On the depth chart I only have Bosley listed as the #2 left fielder if starter is tired. I do have Mel Hall listed as the starting RF with Keith Moreland behind him on the depth chart. I have cleared and reentered the depth chart, same thing. Like I said, I never had this happen when everyone is listed at 100%. Never happens when I am facing a left handed pitcher.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:50 AM   #4
dashchain
Bat Boy

I cannot load my game it quits out as soon as I open!
dashchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:01 PM   #5
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
...when I start a game the game inserts Thad Bosley as my starting right fielder when a right handed pitcher is pitching. On the depth chart I only have Bosley listed as the #2 left fielder if starter is tired. Like I said, I never had this happen when everyone is listed at 100%. Never happens when I am facing a left handed pitcher.
Odd, my #2 left fielder kept appearing as my starting right fielder or 2B. I finally let him start, switched him to left before first pitch and problem disappeared for the time being. I've had players show up in other versions of iootp or MLB unexpectedly, but I could see the reasoning. This time, I couldn't, as the AI skipped over my regular #2 player and starter was 100%.
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

Make sure your depth chart and lineups match otherwise it will get overridden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wisnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #7
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

I checked and my depth charts matched my lineups. It was an occurrence I'd never noticed before.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:15 PM   #8
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

Yikes, it just happened again!
All my settings are human
Opposing pitcher Syndergaard throws right
AI put Coghlan, left handed batter in line up in RF
My starting line up has Altherr, right handed batter in RF against right handed pitchers
My depth chart has Quinn, a switch hitter, when starter tired as #2 against right handers
Altherr is 100% rested

Could the AI be overruling my decision to start a right handed batter? Too bad, Altherr is an ace in RF

My depth chart does have Coghlan as #2, when starter tired, against left handers

Okay, I know it's not a big deal as I play each inning and always go over my lineup. Easy to change, but this is about the 5th time in 15 games with Coghlan sometimes being placed at 2B, where he is not a starter or a backup.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:33 PM   #9
wodi
All Star Reserve

Bug Reporting

Try showing screenshots, maybe you're missing something
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:48 AM   #10
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

We will do our best to help you figure it out.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #11
dales
Bat Boy

(deleted)

Last edited by dales; 04-06-2017 at 09:42 AM.
dales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #12
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

Thanks, guys. My apologies if I've sent this thread in a different direction than intended. Attached are screen shots of the game I was talking about ( I was prepared!) Galvis had been batting second recently, Hernandez & Kendricks have been platooning, but Coghlan shouldn't be in lineup. Since this game I've copied and pasted lineups and depth charts, shut down game & iPad to see if that helps. If it's something obvious, we'll, I'm an old man.
( Syndegaard struck out 11 or 12, we lost in 10 innings, breaking a 6 game win streak)
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #13
wodi
All Star Reserve

Maybe don't have Howie Kendrick back up 2B and LF and play every 3rd day.

I know that shouldn't impact RF, but it might be screwing something up.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #14
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

I've been thinking along those same lines. This just happened, three games later against a right hander.
Attached Images

Last edited by Panchobamba; 04-05-2017 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 04-05-2017, 06:00 PM   #15
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

Ha, ha. Sent Coghlan down to minors for being a troublemaker. His replacement didn't show up in the above game. Time will tell if this works.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #16
Wisnoodles
Major Leagues

Bug Reporting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Maybe don't have Howie Kendrick back up 2B and LF and play every 3rd day.

I know that shouldn't impact RF, but it might be screwing something up.

Yes that seems to be what is happening, especially since you don't seem to have Coghlan in the depth chart at all.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:14 AM   #17
Donevyn
Major Leagues

When I 'quick play' I'm told such and such is hurt and out for x amount of months. But they never show up on my disabled list. I go a week to make sure it just a delay, but still nothing.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:29 AM   #18
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Such And Such

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
When I 'quick play' I'm told such and such is hurt and out for x amount of months. But they never show up on my disabled list. I go a week to make sure it just a delay, but still nothing.

And the sad part is SUCH AND SUCH is such a beast. I would hate to lose him in such away as not knowing why

Being Corny...That's all
Bunktown Ballers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #19
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Origins of birth

I played the game yesterday and everything was fine. I save game exited out. I just went to play game and noticed all US born players are now listed as ASA with the corresponding flag of American Samoan. I got no beaf with the Samoan's at all but........y'all get my point. Apparently there is a bug somewhere that is changing things up or not, because last problem I had was all position players from 1901-2017 were magically changed to MR (middle relievers). I hope someone gets back with me soon, because the uninstalling/reinstalling is getting tiresome. Help Please!
BB

Dedicated to my baseball idol "Beltin'" Bill Melton, my 1st baseball hero
Bunktown Ballers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:47 PM   #20
IAmC
Major Leagues

Playing historical seasons, starting in 2016, so there are two wild card teams in each league. If there is a tie at the top of the division and the teams' records would qualify them as the #1 and #2 wild card teams, both show up as such in the Wild Card Standings. Most importantly, the Games-Behind-Leader for the remaining teams is wrong, as it doesn't take into account the fact that the true second wild card team is the third one in the list. Thus, my team went from 5 games out of the second wild card spot to 15 games out to 5 games out, simply because the division leaders were tied for one game.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote