Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Trading Question

Is there a shop a player function (similar to OOTP) or an offer to all (similar to EHM) available. If its in the game I may have overlooked it.

Thanks in advance.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:00 AM   #2
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
Is there a shop a player function (similar to OOTP) or an offer to all (similar to EHM) available. If its in the game I may have overlooked it.

Thanks in advance.
No, there is no shop player function but you can place a player on the Trade Block to let the ai teams know that you want to trade him.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:43 PM   #3
kohut
Minors (Single A)

When is OOTP going to make this feature available to FHM? It is one of the best GM features in the GM and it has been ignored.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:58 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
When is OOTP going to make this feature available to FHM? It is one of the best GM features in the GM and it has been ignored.
OOTP and FHM are totally different games with totally different designs and programming teams.

So it's not really a matter of making features available in FHM. As Sebastian has said, FHM will never just be OOTP hockey.

Obviously the FHM team want to take a lot of what's good from OOTP as inspiration but they're very much making their own game.

One other thing to consider is that this is only the 3rd version of FHM. It's the 17th version of OOTP. Think about how many features have been added to OOTP in the last 14 versions. FHM3 is far, far ahead of what OOTP3 was, but it's still growing and plenty of new features are only going to be added over time.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:20 AM   #5
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
OOTP and FHM are totally different games with totally different designs and programming teams.

So it's not really a matter of making features available in FHM. As Sebastian has said, FHM will never just be OOTP hockey.

Obviously the FHM team want to take a lot of what's good from OOTP as inspiration but they're very much making their own game.

One other thing to consider is that this is only the 3rd version of FHM. It's the 17th version of OOTP. Think about how many features have been added to OOTP in the last 14 versions. FHM3 is far, far ahead of what OOTP3 was, but it's still growing and plenty of new features are only going to be added over time.
I understand making their own game, however, the trading system is weak in FHM and unrealistic. The game itself bares so much realism and has maintained it's popularity for people who want to coach a team slowly. I just would LOVE to see the OOTP trading mechanism.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:20 AM   #6
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:

The problem is its not an OOTP-only mechanic, its a feature in just about every management style game that I've played.. even FM has an "offer to all" mechanic for their transfer features.

I think that the bottom line is the trade process and engine is very weak and needs some significant improvement. It's not even about lopsided trades its more about just being able to actually negotiate. You really dont get anywhere near adequate feedback from an opposing GM other than for them to say "NO WAY!" And tell you if you're close or not. Give me a list of players or a counter offer or something. Create something new from the FHM side since its NOT OOTP that OOTPB has not done yet.

I'm not worried about the game being like OOTP. The fact that it is not going to be was laid out years ago, but for a sports management sim, the trade mechanic needs some serious attention.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

At some point (sooner then later) we will allocate a good chunk of time to the roster management AI, which will also include Trade/Sign AI.

Regarding a "Shop a player" feature: of course we know that it is something that should be in the game but so are many different other things. We can´t add anything at the same time, we need to prioritize our resources. This year e.g. we thought international play would be more important to the majority, something that is not in OOTP after 17 versions (not a knock on OOTP of course, it is just not that important in Baseball).

Last edited by Sebastian Palkowski; 10-19-2016 at 07:36 AM.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #8
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:

lukasberger- I understand not comparing to OOTP as it is not going to be OOTP hockey, which is understandable. I would like to compare the game to EHM though, the main competition to FHM, in my opinion. I want to say in one of the earlier versions maybe 2005 but for sure in 2007 there was an offer to all(i do understand longer development windows than FHM). My thoughts are if the game is trying to mimic the real NHL, trade negotiations (feedback) is a huge deal of the day to day operation. I know that, the system in the competition isnt the best either, but it is an option to help build up your organ-i-zation.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
lukasberger- I understand not comparing to OOTP as it is not going to be OOTP hockey, which is understandable. I would like to compare the game to EHM though, the main competition to FHM, in my opinion. I want to say in one of the earlier versions maybe 2005 but for sure in 2007 there was an offer to all(i do understand longer development windows than FHM). My thoughts are if the game is trying to mimic the real NHL, trade negotiations (feedback) is a huge deal of the day to day operation. I know that, the system in the competition isnt the best either, but it is an option to help build up your organ-i-zation.
As I said above: we know that having such feature in would be good but unless a day starts to have more then 24 hours we just can´t add everything at once. We have a priority list and work through it and at some point the feature will show up.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #10
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

am enjoying the new game,you guys made lots of nice changes but i'm a little confused about the decision to focus on international play the same year you get an NHL licence. Months ago you said that your focus was on day to day NHL.

"That means we work on stuff first, that as many people as possible enjoy and all our numbers (and even the OOTP numbers) show that most people play the modern (NHL) game day to day (in some form). And that is why we put the majority of our time into this mode."

but above you said that now international play is your priority. What changed?

i don't mean this as a call out i'm just curious about the direction its headed.

Last edited by Eugus; 10-19-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #11
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Trading with other Leagues would be good. EHM has the best Trade Feature better then OTTP Shop a person because it gives you the whole offer not just one guy if theirs more then one guy in Trade. In OTTP if you shop Verlander and 76 Braves show up and theirs 5 guys each guy is one for one and not Verlander for all 5.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #12
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Will shop a player make it into an FHM 3 patch at some point or is that a feature for FHM 4?

Just curious as I've been debating on picking this version up.. but SAP is something that badly needs implemented.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Probably 4. It's going to require some significant code changes.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote