Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #1
ashperry83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Another fictional league set up question.....

I want my league to be fully fictional, no real players at all. I cant for the life of me find where this option is in the league set up. Every time I generate my league it has random actual players in there aswell!

This also means I dont want players entering my game world as they would have done irl as the game progresses.

Thanks
ashperry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashperry83 View Post
I want my league to be fully fictional, no real players at all. I cant for the life of me find where this option is in the league set up. Every time I generate my league it has random actual players in there aswell!

This also means I dont want players entering my game world as they would have done irl as the game progresses.

Thanks
If you want all fictional players and teams, just go to Create New Game and select Fictional and whatever setup you want.

Last edited by OBSL Commish; 07-28-2015 at 03:57 PM.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
ashperry83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
If you want all fictional players and teams, just go to Create New Game and select Fictional and whatever setup you want.
Thanks for the reply. Ive tried this and it still chucks in real players with fictional players.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Check this then: Go into Game Settings then League Settings then Historical and make sure the box by Use Random Rookies From All Eras is not checked.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
ashperry83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Check this then: Go into Game Settings then League Settings then Historical and make sure the box by Use Random Rookies From All Eras is not checked.
Nope, tried that and its still generating real players mixed in with fictional ones!
Old 07-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #6
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Nope, tried that and its still generating real players mixed in with fictional ones!
Hmm, I'm not sure what could be causing that then. How did you set up your league to begin with? What steps did you go through?
Old 07-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

...and where are these real players appearing? An example would be helpful.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:39 PM   #8
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Here's my Options screen. I'm doing basically exactly what you want to do.

The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:40 AM   #9
ashperry83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
...and where are these real players appearing? An example would be helpful.
They appear in the draft!

Getting massively frustrated now guys. All I want is to create a completely fictional league with fictional staff and players and cannot get it to work.

Even when I go through the basic league setup wizard (not the advanced options) I still get real players and staff.

The only options I change are start year to 1880 and the number of games to 60.

Why cant I get it to work?!
Old 07-29-2015, 05:16 AM   #10
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

This might seem obvious, but you're sure these are actually the real players and not just randomly generated names that are the same as a real player??
Old 07-29-2015, 07:25 AM   #11
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
This might seem obvious, but you're sure these are actually the real players and not just randomly generated names that are the same as a real player??
This is probably what is happening, IMHO. And if a player is generated with the same name as a MLB player, it could be picking up the MLB player photo, if it's present on his machine, adding to the effect.

OP, if you give us a screenshot of one of the "real players" who was generated, that could help.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #12
ashperry83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
This is probably what is happening, IMHO. And if a player is generated with the same name as a MLB player, it could be picking up the MLB player photo, if it's present on his machine, adding to the effect.

OP, if you give us a screenshot of one of the "real players" who was generated, that could help.
Thanks for this, I hadnt actually considered this as an option. I have installed a large photo pack when I got the game on launch. I didnt consider that the same names would link in with the photos. Is there a way I can have the game generate its own pictures instead of picking up any pictures that might be of players with the same name? If that makes sense?

Thank you.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #13
battists
Hall Of Famer

Another fictional league set up question.....

So, this is easy if you aren't yet attached to any existing faces in your league. I'll try to walk you through it, but I am not in front of my PC.

If you don't care about existing faces, go to your league folder, into html/images and select and delete all of the faces. I can't recall exactly what's in there so make sure you don't delete any logos you want. (I THINK they are in their own folder.)

Look in the non-league folders in your installation and see if you can find a folder that has all of the photo pack photos and delete or move those too. (Again, sorry I can't be more specific; I don't recall exactly where they will be. It will be one of the top-level folders like "saved games". Search for a name like Yastremski to find them quickly.)

Then load up your league. Go to Game >> Game Settings >> some tab like Facegen or Player Pictures or something >> find the option that says something like "generate pics for everyone". And then sit tight for a while.

It should generate new pics for all players with no real faces. All fictional. Note that this will generate NEW faces for everyone. So the facial features of players WILL change!! That's why I said not to do this if you are attached to existing faces.

IF you are already attached to your fictional faces, let me know and we will figure out another plan of attack.

I will try to come back tonight and enter more specific info if no one fills in my details!

Last edited by battists; 07-29-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:27 PM   #14
ashperry83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
So, this is easy if you aren't yet attached to any existing faces in your league. I'll try to walk you through it, but I am not in front of my PC.

If you don't care about existing faces, go to your league folder, into html/images and select and delete all of the faces. I can't recall exactly what's in there so make sure you don't delete any logos you want. (I THINK they are in their own folder.)

Look in the non-league folders in your installation and see if you can find a folder that has all of the photo pack photos and delete or move those too. (Again, sorry I can't be more specific; I don't recall exactly where they will be. It will be one of the top-level folders like "saved games". Search for a name like Yastremski to find them quickly.)

Then load up your league. Go to Game >> Game Settings >> some tab like Facegen or Player Pictures or something >> find the option that says something like "generate pics for everyone". And then sit tight for a while.

It should generate new pics for all players with no real faces. All fictional. Note that this will generate NEW faces for everyone. So the facial features of players WILL change!! That's why I said not to do this if you are attached to existing faces.

IF you are already attached to your fictional faces, let me know and we will figure out another plan of attack.

I will try to come back tonight and enter more specific info if no one fills in my details!
Thank you so much! I have done this and fingers crossed I have solved the problem. As mentioned, I think it may have been because fictional players were being generated with the same names as historical players and the game was picking up their pictures.

It seems a long winded way to do it (moving the photo file out of the game, but back in if I need it). Hopefully in the future there could just be a tick box option to create fictional pictures for all players rather than use the files that may be in the folders.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #15
battists
Hall Of Famer

Yay! glad to have helped!
Old 07-30-2015, 07:06 AM   #16
ashperry83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks to everyones help. I've now managed to create my first ever fictional league and its teams............ lets see how this plays out!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-30-2015, 07:09 AM   #17
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks to everyones help. I've now managed to create my first ever fictional league and its teams............ lets see how this plays out!
Now back everything up before you start playing!!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:36 AM   #18
ashperry83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Another question......sorry! Just find it a bit odd that when I look at available jobs it lists the teams as they were generated, and after I have changed the names and logos etc. I havent changed market size or any of those numbers but lists old/new club with different salaries.

Also, when I click on each of the two clubs that appear for each City, it gives a different set of players.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-30-2015, 08:44 AM   #19
battists
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm. This does look odd. Is there anywhere that you could upload your league and I will download and take a look at it tonight?
Old 07-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #20
ashperry83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Hmmm. This does look odd. Is there anywhere that you could upload your league and I will download and take a look at it tonight?
Thanks, I found out the problem with some tinkering. For some unknown reason it had created a duplicate of the league. Under the League settings tab I was able to delete the duplicate league.