Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
Javedd1993
Bat Boy

Bug with latest patch

Hey guys, so, after 12 days of not playing, I went back to my relatively new Cubs season, only 3 years in. I go to my roster to jump back in, and I have a lot of names I don't recall, Not a big surprise, I'm still trying to get my farm system to full potential, I start looking for my studs and realize that when I click a player, it takes me to a completely different player. As well as that, Javier Baez, Kris Bryant, Starlin Castro and others simply aren't in my roster at all. I could find them via the search function, but when I would click their names, it would take me somewhere else. Whats happening?

Also, I will gladly post this somewhere else, I just couldn't find a support heading.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rts-forum.html
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
DCG12
All Star Starter

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
No need to jump on the guy.

He might have titled the post better, maybe along the lines of "Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?" but that's all.

This may well be a case of something he did while loading the patch etc. and it can't hurt to ask others if they have had a similar problem.

Last edited by DCG12; 07-16-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
Javedd1993
Bat Boy

I saw that thread after I posted this, and I'm honestly not sure if it is a bug, I bought the game recently and I've already had it crash once

I did title it very poorly, so, my mistake. That being said, has anyone else had this happen to them, and if so, is there a fix?
Old 07-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
No need to jump on the guy.

He might have titled the post better, maybe along the lines of "Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?" but that's all.

This may well be a case of something he did while loading the patch etc. and it can't hurt to ask others if they have had a similar problem.
What "jump on the guy"? That thread has the link he needed. Plus how in the heck can citing Markus be jumping on anyone?

Did you even read the link?
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
Javedd1993
Bat Boy

I will definitely fill out a bug report tonight, right now I'm at work.

And he think he was saying you jumped on me because you just threw a link with emphasis and didn't say anything else.

Plus, I'm more concerned with what happened, because I didn't see anyone else post something with a similar problem, but maybe I missed it.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
DCG12
All Star Starter

Location: Traveling through another dimension-not one of only sight and sound,but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundries are those of imagination.
Quote:
What "jump on the guy"? That thread has the link he needed. Plus how in the heck can citing Markus be jumping on anyone?

Did you even read the link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javedd1993 View Post
I will definitely fill out a bug report tonight, right now I'm at work.

And he think he was saying you jumped on me because you just threw a link with emphasis and didn't say anything else.

Plus, I'm more concerned with what happened, because I didn't see anyone else post something with a similar problem, but maybe I missed it.

What Javedd said.

Citing Markus is not a problem at all, it's all in the presentation sometimes.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #8
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG12 View Post
What Javedd said.

Citing Markus is not a problem at all, it's all in the presentation sometimes.
"In the presentation"? Oh, cry me a river. It was a link. To Markus' specific instructions.

Go bother somebody else about nothing.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #9
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"In the presentation"? Oh, cry me a river. It was a link. To Markus' specific instructions.

Do you wake your wife/girlfriend up in the middle of the night just so you can get in the last word? If it's nothing, why are you responding?
Old 07-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #10
gbwitheyes
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javedd1993 View Post
Hey guys, so, after 12 days of not playing
You went 12 days without playing? WT? After two days my dts are so bad that everyone looks like a facegen.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #11
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Javedd1993, it sounds like your league files got scrambled when you patched, perhaps? You definitely need to do one or both of these:
  • See if you can restore the game from a backup, and/or
  • Contact Tech Support.
The reason being, this sounds like a very unique problem. For example, did you do any file maintenance from one league folder to another, possibly copying one set of files over another set?

- Bru

Old 07-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Do you wake your wife/girlfriend up in the middle of the night just so you can get in the last word? If it's nothing, why are you responding?
I get really annoyed with people who pick at me over nothing.

Like him and you.

Speaking of nothing better to do, David, haven't you got something better to do than to try to pick yet another fight with me? If you haven't then at least go do it with somebody else.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #13
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I get really annoyed with people who pick at me over nothing.

Like him and you.

Speaking of nothing better to do, David, haven't you got something better to do than to try to pick yet another fight with me? If you haven't then at least go do it with somebody else.
You're 100% right. My bad. I'm just glad that I'm allowed to be a part of a forum that involves such a great man like you.

Last edited by David Watts; 07-16-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:39 PM   #14
Javedd1993
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Javedd1993, it sounds like your league files got scrambled when you patched, perhaps? You definitely need to do one or both of these:
  • See if you can restore the game from a backup, and/or
  • Contact Tech Support.
The reason being, this sounds like a very unique problem. For example, did you do any file maintenance from one league folder to another, possibly copying one set of files over another set?
Thank you for helping

I did restore the backup, but it was a year old, and I had made some big changes in that year. I might just start another since it was still relatively new, and it had been awhile, I was having a hard time what I was doing anyway. I haven't even tried messing with the files yet, I'm still trying to figure out how the base game works before I make any changes besides icons.

Once again, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbwitheyes View Post
You went 12 days without playing? WT? After two days my dts are so bad that everyone looks like a facegen.
... What are dts?
Old 07-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #15
DCG12
All Star Starter

What are dts?

DT's Delirium tremens. Caused by withdrawal from alcohol abuse.

Last edited by DCG12; 07-16-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #16
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
You're 100% right. My bad. I'm just glad that I'm allowed to be a part of a forum that involves such a great man like you.
And I'm sorry to belong to one that has people in it who enjoy picking fights with others over nothing.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #17
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Old 07-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
DCG12
All Star Starter

Quote:
And I'm sorry to belong to one that has people in it who enjoy picking fights with others over nothing.
Nobody is picking a fight with you. Everyone including you stated their opinions and that should be the end so stop insisting on the last post and let this thread fade to the bottom.

I personally don't think you can do it though.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #19
CanadaCajanek21
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Good lord, what a baby!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #20
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Dude..... you're making me look reasonable. Might wanna take a step back.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
Closed Thread