Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #21
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

You want something to feel good about...again, as is the theme here at OOTP, something math doesn’t tell you...

Mondesi hit the ever living snot out of a tough pitch (fastball) in on him yesterday. It’s not just the pitch, and the hit...it’s where it was and how he did it...That is what this kid can do. And he’s so young and just starting. Kid has immense talent.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:49 PM   #22
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Ok...I would be hard pressed to see ANYbody say that they saw THIS bad of a Royals team coming! We're not even respectable. Nor decent or fair or bad. I would be hard pressed to believe that 50 wins is within reach. This team may crush the 2004 Royals in the "hapless" department.
This doesn't even feel like a rebuild. This almost feels like Jeter is running the team. Oh, wait...the Jeter gutted Marlins have more wins than us!!!!!

ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:07 AM   #23
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

I mean, again, anyone who didn’t think this was what we signed up for when we went for it and dealt away the cream of the crop is fooling themselves. It was known by those who did it (Dayton) that this would happen and it was deemed well worth it. I agree it was totally worth it.

The fact they tried to salvage and didn’t try to tank the last two years is a credit to them. Further, the fact they signed giuys to trade is a credit to them. But anyone who thought this wasn’t coming wasn’t paying attention to the actual baseball talent.

Again, Ventura dying didn’t help either.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:11 AM   #24
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

You ignore it when I say look at that lineup. It’s a minor league lineup. It’s made up of two or three professional hitters and a bunch of waiver and DFA guys. No one is going to give anything good to hit to the 1/3 of the lineup that belongs in the majors.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #25
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

This is what I have been talking about all along..... First is an excerpt from an article at "Royals Review." Second is the article link.

"But it’s not intentional, and no one in the Royals front office saw this coming. In fact, per Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star, the Royals front office is “stunned” by the record of this year’s Royals, who are on pace to lose more than 25 additional games than the front office projected."

https://www.royalsreview.com/2018/7/...he-2018-royals

See...NO one saw this coming.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:59 PM   #26
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

That is not true. Sam is wrong. It’s not intentional, but everyone saw it coming. If you’re saying they didn’t think they’d lose 117 then that’s right. If you’re saying they didn’t think they’d lose 90-100, then Sam is DEAD wrong because that’s exactly what they thought.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 07-05-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Airdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #27
ThePelvicWoo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
This is what I have been talking about all along..... First is an excerpt from an article at "Royals Review." Second is the article link.

"But it’s not intentional, and no one in the Royals front office saw this coming. In fact, per Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star, the Royals front office is “stunned” by the record of this year’s Royals, who are on pace to lose more than 25 additional games than the front office projected."

https://www.royalsreview.com/2018/7/...he-2018-royals

See...NO one saw this coming.
Things could have been different this year, definitely. If Bonifacio, Duda, Soler, and even Cuthbert hadn't missed significant time they could have been "competitive" (meaning only being 15 games below .500 at the start of July instead of 35 games). But once Bonifacio got suspended and Duda/Cuthbert got hurt, it was clear that it just wasn't going to happen so the objective now is to get the young guys as many plate appearances as possible and see what they've got...and to keep trotting Escobar out there for some reason. That's really the only thing I can find to get angry about. I don't care about his streak
ThePelvicWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #28
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

The Escobar thing is insane. It’s not like he’s going for the record. If Mondesi is going to be uomhere, which I don’t need think he should be until guys like Moustakas are gone, then he needs to be at short and leading off to get the most ABs possible, with Whit behind him so he can see good pitches, every single day.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:31 PM   #29
GeoWar
All Star Reserve

The Royals were in a place last year where they could have traded players and gotten younger . The Royals decided to go with the compensation picks instead and now have a bright pitching outlook for the future.
Alex Gordon signed his contract before his hip injury. And the salary is not manageable and not able to be traded.
Danny Duffy's contract can not work within the Royals frame work. TRADE HIM.
Salvy 's contract grows in the next couple of years but at catcher, DH, or 1stBase , I would KEEP HIM.
A. Escobar needs to be TRADED.
Moose - the Royals need to trade or sign to 3 to 4 year contract . Popular in KC but he did not get attention this past off season . Teams have young 3B and Donaldson and Drury will be on the market. TRADE or sign.

The Royals made mistakes in drafting in the past (Starling ?) and have been successful with the rotation of talent after 5 years - while salaries were somewhat controlled.

Soler was a mistake, Kennedy was mistake, AND not getting anything for Holland or Davis.

Texas Longhorns -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2005

Oregon State Beavers -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2006 and 2007

With unity comes VICTORY !
GeoWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:33 PM   #30
GeoWar
All Star Reserve

Whit should be TRADED --- talk about him on trade market is high . Whit is 29 and controlled for the next 5 years .

Last edited by GeoWar; 07-06-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #31
GeoWar
All Star Reserve

Royals Contracts (and buy outs ) .. https://www.baseball-reference.com/t...ontracts.shtml

Alex Gordon has one more year at $20 million and then can be bought out for $4 million . After the All Star game I would give him a 1B mitt and leave him at 1B . Bring up an OF or look on Market . *** trade possible Drury , Cessa, and P Glenn Otto .

There is some talk of Yankees interest in Moose as a 1B option . But it seems like only mid level prospect (s) and maybe Neil Walker.

Royals can be contenders next year in the Central if they make the right moves or if the young players from this years team - the past two drafts - and a couple of FA signings are the pieces for a 3 to 5 year run for the title.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #32
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Yes. geoWar. I agree. It’s not 2005. They’re much better off.

Dayton knows what he’s doing. There is a lot of “youngish” blood in the fan base that doesn’t have the perspective I don’t think. It’s not their fault, but it is just how it is.

The Royals before Dayton didn’t do any (well hardly) scouting outside the US. He’s a scout, grind and find talent type of guy. He believes in the system he has in place and it will work.

The clown GMs we had beteeen Schuerholtz and Moore were a HUGE problem. We may as well have had the cast and crew of Gillgan’s Island.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #33
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I agree with some points here and respect opinions, but it still stinks that we are worse than the Marlins! I remember when Jeter started gutting them and the baseball world was like.......
"What's he doing? There won't be any one left to field a high school team, much less an MLB team!!"
The Marlins were on everybody's lips regarding how non competitive they would be and they had nobody left to even put together a team. It wasn't the Royals in the spotlight, it was Miami. And even though most of the reason the Marlins were in the spotlight was because of Jeter. But I vividly remember how everyone thought the Marlins would be worse than the Bad News Bears. I would hate to see what would happen if the Royals and Marlins played each other this year. We dont have them this year and that might have been a blessing!
Old 07-08-2018, 12:42 AM   #34
GeoWar
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
I agree with some points here and respect opinions, but it still stinks that we are worse than the Marlins! I remember when Jeter started gutting them and the baseball world was like.......
"What's he doing? There won't be any one left to field a high school team, much less an MLB team!!"
The Marlins were on everybody's lips regarding how non competitive they would be and they had nobody left to even put together a team. It wasn't the Royals in the spotlight, it was Miami. And even though most of the reason the Marlins were in the spotlight was because of Jeter. But I vividly remember how everyone thought the Marlins would be worse than the Bad News Bears. I would hate to see what would happen if the Royals and Marlins played each other this year. We dont have them this year and that might have been a blessing!
Jeter and the Marlin Management had to cut payroll -- or they would have had a couple of stars and the kids they could find. Stanton's salary ?? Yelick ?? Dee Gordon ?? Osunza ?? gone gone gone ............ still working on trading Prado -- Chen -- Castro -- Brad Ziegler ............. these are players that contracts need to move >>> THEN the re-build can start .

Old 07-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #35
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Aaaaand..... Kansas City is throwing a pitcher named “Sparkman.” This is sure to go well.....
Old 07-08-2018, 05:15 PM   #36
jerryb1961
Minors (Single A)

Keller is a bright spot. That's about all I can point to about an otherwise abysmal season. 39 games below .500 as of today (7/8)
jerryb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:37 PM   #37
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Yost has finally determined that Escobar's bat is not too valuable to find a place in the lineup today

the streak is over
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:57 PM   #38
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Did you see Mondesi’s DP at the tail end of the game today? In case you haven’t noticed, I love his talent and potential.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:59 PM   #39
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

its criminal how Yost continued to use guys who are clearly past it for as long as he has this season
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:16 PM   #40
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoofe View Post
its criminal how Yost continued to use guys who are clearly past it for as long as he has this season

Give me a break. I mean, seriously. Have you actually looked at the team? Exactly what do you think is a good option? That's a serious question. I want to see your suggested lineup and rotation and bullpen for the year....and you don't even get to mention Bonifacio since he's been on the shelf for 80 games........ And if you include Rosell Herrera in there anywhere, you lose the minute you type "R."

I'm sorry. I know you're frustrated. But this is beyond the point of stupid. This kind of crap is what gives Kansas City fans a bad reputation and has for decades.

Ned. Has. Zero. Good. Options.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 07-08-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Airdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote