Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:45 PM   #1
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Do you modify Player Development or Player Evaluation AI settings?

If yes, what do you change them to and why?
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:32 PM   #2
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
anyone?
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:10 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

aging and developement: i think i do it just for placebo effect:

1.005 to dev speed to improve it, and some similar minimal deduction from aging speed. i cannot recall if it's ".005" off. if only 2 digits after decimal, ".05" to benefit each. probably makes no discernable difference. i just want some small bonus cmpared to default that won't warp the game.

i like the aging curve they use... some do not share that opinion. what is for sure is that the people making ootp did alot more research into aging effects than either faction.

as far as player eval... i do it slightly differently each time i make a league.. common themes are to keep ratings 45-60%. i also heavily favor more recent years, as most would likely do.

50 / 35-15-10 or 50 / 30-20-10 or 55 / 25-15-5

again, if in the ballpark of default values (or what you normally use) it won't be discernable to the eye with most any change except for the extreme cases.

Last edited by NoOne; 06-08-2018 at 11:14 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post

i like the aging curve they use... some do not share that opinion. what is for sure is that the people making ootp did alot more research into aging effects than either faction.
This.. and it is why I use default settings. Been playing since v4 (2002) and haven't seen any reason to change.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:47 AM   #5
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
This.. and it is why I use default settings. Been playing since v4 (2002) and haven't seen any reason to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post

The development and aging gets tweaked every year to get closer to reality. There are many reason for a specific user to change a setting from default. Mybe to further tweak something to their liking or try to match some things closer to reality that arent set at default like the injury setting for example. AI evalution default for a MLB game is different from the setting for a fictional default. MLB weight more towards ratings for obvious reason (but that only make sense for the first 5 years are so) while the fictional are more balanced (last I checked)

Another setting is TCR, while default is cool, raising it results in a more realistic batch of busts and gems.

But yes, the development and aging settings are great at default. You will see a good amount of young guys and a good amount of aging vets that are being productive. Its to the point where the strategy of getting rid of anyone 30+ isnt smart anymore if you are trying to win...

I personally use

Aging/Development = Default (for reasons already stated)
TCR = 200 (^)
AI Eval = 25/25/25/25 or 0/50/25/25 (Smarter AI roster moves)

But I suggest to experiment and tweak to your liking if you are not ok with default values. That is why they are editable.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 06-09-2018 at 06:56 AM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:34 AM   #6
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
My first several games I had it on default. But really didn't like it as much.

I mean we are seeing players basically skip AA and AAA now a days or very limited games. MLB especially if drafting a 23 year old want to see them called up in 2 years if they are a 1st rounder.

Defaults I feel like there is an absolute minimum chance of that happening.

I go .750 for aging and 1.15 for development. But thinking of going 1.25 for development.

Of course it could all be in my head and changing the settings just act a placebo effect to rid me of anxiety.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:42 AM   #7
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

It depends on what era and what database you use as well.

Since I use Spritze's database and I play in the 19th century and deadball, I need to tweak OOTP from default.

I use .650 and .990 for batter's dev & aging
.725 & .910 for Pitchers
and I have 80 as TCR

This gets me a number of late 30's early 40's player/mgrs for my minors

For evaluation I use 25/45/25/10 as early baseball was more, what are you doing for me now, rather than people say you have talent.
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #8
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
My first several games I had it on default. But really didn't like it as much.

I mean we are seeing players basically skip AA and AAA now a days or very limited games. MLB especially if drafting a 23 year old want to see them called up in 2 years if they are a 1st rounder.

Defaults I feel like there is an absolute minimum chance of that happening.

I go .750 for aging and 1.15 for development. But thinking of going 1.25 for development.

Of course it could all be in my head and changing the settings just act a placebo effect to rid me of anxiety.

You’re most likely seeing it at a higher rate and noticing it more but on the default I do see players being fast tracked to the majors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #9
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
aging and developement: i think i do it just for placebo effect:

1.005 to dev speed to improve it, and some similar minimal deduction from aging speed. i cannot recall if it's ".005" off. if only 2 digits after decimal, ".05" to benefit each. probably makes no discernable difference. i just want some small bonus cmpared to default that won't warp the game.

as far as player eval... i do it slightly differently each time i make a league.. common themes are to keep ratings 45-60%. i also heavily favor more recent years, as most would likely do.

50 / 35-15-10 or 50 / 30-20-10 or 55 / 25-15-5

again, if in the ballpark of default values (or what you normally use) it won't be discernable to the eye with most any change except for the extreme cases.

The only one of these which will work is 55-25-15-5....the others add up to more than 100
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote