Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #181
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for helping out, actionjackson. Since I don't know what reads .odb files (if anything) and since they're the exclusive way of reading stats now, I couldn't mention what entirely was missing. I could only say that Sam/Dolly Gray is getting Stan Gray's biographical info and Stan is getting Sam/Dolly Gray's stats and not know the entire specifics.

That said, I did notice that Stan Gray has a lot more neutralized data than he should. Since Stan played in 1912 and Sam/Dolly started in 1924, there's 11 extra years of neutralized batting that don't need to be there once the players are split.

And I guess you're right about graydo02. Sworn I'd seen it the other way...but whatever.
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:15 PM   #182
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Sam Gray MiLB id =gray--001sta ? 1922-1939

Stan Gray MiLB id = gray--002sta ? 1909-1913

MLB is only half the puzzle.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #183
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhan View Post
Thanks for helping out, actionjackson. Since I don't know what reads .odb files (if anything) Nothing does and since they're the exclusive way of reading stats now, I couldn't mention what entirely was missing. I could only say that Sam/Dolly Gray is getting Stan Gray's biographical info and Stan is getting Sam/Dolly Gray's stats and not know the entire specifics.

That said, I did notice that Stan Gray has a lot more neutralized data than he should. Since Stan played in 1912 and Sam/Dolly started in 1924, there's 11 extra years of neutralized batting that don't need to be there once the players are split.

And I guess you're right about graydo02. Sworn I'd seen it the other way...but whatever.
Who is Dolly Gray? I changed the Sam and Stan ID's in the MLB master as asked but did not switch nothing else around of a biographic nature. Double negative on porpoise as confusing this has become.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #184
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Who is Dolly Gray? I changed the Sam and Stan ID's in the MLB master as asked but did not switch nothing else around of a biographic nature. Double negative on porpoise as confusing this has become.
Dolly Gray would be graydo01 (also known as gray--003wil on the minor league side of things. Played in MLB from 1909-1911, and his total minor and major league career ran from 1903-1913.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #185
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

So are the changes I just made legit?

Does not seem so.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #186
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sam Gray MiLB id =gray--001sta ? 1922-1939

Stan Gray MiLB id = gray--002sta ? 1909-1913

MLB is only half the puzzle.
Actually looking at BB-Ref, I get:

Sam Gray MiLB id = gray--002sam 1921-1939

Stan Gray MiLBid = gray--001sta 1909-1913

I'm starting to feel like I'm stuck in an Abbott & Costello "Who's On First?" routine.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #187
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So are the changes I just made legit?

Does not seem so.
It seems like they are to me. Don't worry about Dolly Gray (graydo01 or gray--003wil) for now. Different dude. Hopefully, he's not mixed up in this too, but I don't see any indication that he is. The stats that are intersecting are the major league stats of Sam Gray (graysa01 or gray--002sam) and Stan Gray (graydo02 or gray--001sta).
Old 04-17-2017, 12:02 AM   #188
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

OK = Done

I really wish I could figure out why BBref is dead to me since their update.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:04 AM   #189
siobhan
Minors (Single A)

Minimal fielding stats for Lefty O'Doul?

Let's see if I can do this a little more detailed this time...

Using historical_database.odb, Lefty O'Doul (o'doule01 or odoul-001fra) doesn't import with any fielding stats beyond that of his early pitching years. Mostly, I notice this importing his 1929 season, but it applies with other years O'Doul was a position player as well. Basically, no matter what setting I set fielding at, he is always being considered a reliever with no outfield ratings. He does often have a rating at first base, but that might also be a problem; he never played first at the major league level.

Hope this is suitable.
siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:22 AM   #190
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Mr. O'Doul has a full set of fielding records in both the MLB and MiLB databases.

This is a bug. There was a import bug introduced around the last update that might be the culprit if you have not seen this before.

First base is where the game puts players it has no fielding data for.

Last edited by Spritze; 04-17-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #191
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhan View Post
Let's see if I can do this a little more detailed this time...

Using historical_database.odb, Lefty O'Doul (o'doule01 or odoul-001fra) doesn't import with any fielding stats beyond that of his early pitching years. Mostly, I notice this importing his 1929 season, but it applies with other years O'Doul was a position player as well. Basically, no matter what setting I set fielding at, he is always being considered a reliever with no outfield ratings. He does often have a rating at first base, but that might also be a problem; he never played first at the major league level.

Hope this is suitable.
Quote:
Mr. O'Doul has a full set of fielding records in both the MLB and MiLB databases.

This is a bug. There was a import bug introduced around the last update that might be the culprit if you have not seen this before.

First base is where the game puts players it has no fielding data for.
Gentlemen, I just imported Mr. O'Doul into my game (MLB version, not MiLB version). What I am seeing is this: batting, pitching, batting2, pitching2, and fielding2 stats are fine (the "2" indicates neutralized stats for those that didn't know). All come in properly. fielding stats only import for his pitching seasons though (1919, 1920, 1922, and 1923). His fielding stats for 1928-1934 are not present. That's what I'm seeing from in the game. I don't know about what's in the database because it hasn't been visible since OOTP16.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:14 AM   #192
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Gentlemen, I just imported Mr. O'Doul into my game (MLB version, not MiLB version). What I am seeing is this: batting, pitching, batting2, pitching2, and fielding2 stats are fine (the "2" indicates neutralized stats for those that didn't know). All come in properly. fielding stats only import for his pitching seasons though (1919, 1920, 1922, and 1923). His fielding stats for 1928-1934 are not present. That's what I'm seeing from in the game. I don't know about what's in the database because it hasn't been visible since OOTP16.
ALL stats are in the databases as noted above.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #193
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK = Done

I really wish I could figure out why BBref is dead to me since their update.
How is BB-Ref dead to you? I'm getting it just fine on my desktop. It is not a good situation when the OOTP Historical Czar is locked out of the source that we're currently using for our historical database. How did this happen?
Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #194
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ALL stats are in the databases as noted above.
And as I noted above all stats are showing up, with the tiny exception of his real fielding stats (i.e. fielding not fielding2) from 1928-1934. If it were an import error I would imagine none of the stats would be showing up at all, but that's not what I'm seeing. All of his neutered stats are fine, and his real batting and pitching stats are fine. Colour me confused.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #195
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
How is BB-Ref dead to you? I'm getting it just fine on my desktop. It is not a good situation when the OOTP Historical Czar is locked out of the source that we're currently using for our historical database. How did this happen?
BBref updated their site to work better with phones. Ever since I cannot navigate their site. It hangs my computer and requires a reboot. I have this challenge with no other site.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #196
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
And as I noted above all stats are showing up, with the tiny exception of his real fielding stats (i.e. fielding not fielding2) from 1928-1934. If it were an import error I would imagine none of the stats would be showing up at all, but that's not what I'm seeing. All of his neutered stats are fine, and his real batting and pitching stats are fine. Colour me confused.
All the stats are correct in the OOTP db and the ID's all check out. It may be the same import bug others are seeing that started with the release before last.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #197
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BBref updated their site to work better with phones. Ever since I cannot navigate their site. It hangs my computer and requires a reboot. I have this challenge with no other site.
That's terrible news. If anything it's gotten easier to navigate for me since the format change. I guess the format must've been changed when the front page of the site changed.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #198
thompsw8
All Star Reserve

I am using OOTP 17 still for my historical online league. We are to the draft in 1991 but it is all fictional players. Now the draft has always been a year off but now this year there is no players and going into 1992 it starts drafting some of 1992 and some of 1993 players. Players like Derek Jeter, Todd Helton and some others are missing from the game and don't show up. Not sure what I need to post to see what is going on.
thompsw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:35 PM   #199
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This same challenge exists in OOTP 18 but I suspect it may be fixed before too long.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:29 PM   #200
thompsw8
All Star Reserve

I simmed forward a few seasons and the drafts only have like 5-6 fictional guys in it with no one else for 2-3 straight seasons. Is that also part of the same issue? Just want to make sure I clarified myself when I posted before. Because our online league has been going since mid 80's and this is the first time it has had a blank draft. But seems to get more common as we sim forward. If it is the same issue that's fine just want to make sure.
thompsw8 is offline   Reply With Quote