Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #41
FunkyBike1
Minors (Double A)

Advance to playoff button. That also helps solve all the tiebreaking nonsense, and it's not like it's hard to implement.
FunkyBike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:42 PM   #42
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Didn't older versions of OOTP have promotions you could choose each month to bump attendance on those days? Hat giveaway. Poster day.

I recently retired Derek Jeter's number and wrote up a short achievement bio for him. When i finished i thought it would be great if could have turned it into
"Derek Jeter day"
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:14 AM   #43
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
Didn't older versions of OOTP have promotions you could choose each month to bump attendance on those days? Hat giveaway. Poster day.

I recently retired Derek Jeter's number and wrote up a short achievement bio for him. When i finished i thought it would be great if could have turned it into
"Derek Jeter day"
Yes. It hasnt been in several versions now. I always enjoyed scheduling bat days and other things to draw bigger crowds. One of my favorite features that's no longer in the game unfortunately.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:13 PM   #44
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIUPIKE View Post
- Player development contracts (ability to negotiate where your minor league teams are)

- 1B- 3B coaches and minor league instructors

- ability to sign coaches from other organizations if to MLB level

- Arizona Fall League

- Potentially bringing back multiple scouts to an organization. Overall Scouting Director and scouts reporting to that person.
This and real life working Winter Leagues

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:14 PM   #45
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
And officially add Histocial Negro Leagues and uniforms

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #46
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Language.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:09 PM   #47
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillm2ca View Post
I guess one thing that I would like to see is better AI when it comes to those minor league systems. For example, I started a historical sim with the 1987 California Angels and am now in the 1988 season. Recently, in a game against the Toronto Blue Jays, they started a pitcher by the name of Kevin Kelly who I noticed was a part of their rotation. What was strange was that he was a 31st round draft pick the previous year (my draft is set for November at the end of the season) and had not pitched a single inning of minor league ball for the Jays previous to being promoted to the Majors. As a matter of fact, he did not pitch for the Jays in spring training either. His ratings, shall I say, are awful. It is difficult to imagine a 31st round draft pick being promoted straight to the big leagues; I am not sure there is a precedent for it but I guess I could be wrong.
I have noticed other teams in the leagues promoting minor league players over more capable prospects in their system, especially pitchers. Many of them have four digit ERA's (10.00+) and, for some reason, they are not being sent down.
Anyway, I just wanted to add my thoughts. Great work on OOTP 17 - I have had a blast playing this year's game and I am sure next year's version will be the same. I understand that it is an unrealistic request for the AI to be perfect, but I think it could reasonably be improved a bit.
Rather than an issue with AI, this may be a result of your settings. Others know more about this than I, but Player Development Settings - including Talent Change Randomness - can have a big effect on what happens with the development of players. If you have this number at, say, 100 or higher, then what happened with Kelly is what you'd expect to see happen from time to time in OOTP.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:13 PM   #48
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Language.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
?

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:30 PM   #49
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
?
Presumably they want an option to use a non-English translation. Obviously Spanish and Japanese would be the logical languages to aim for.

The issue is getting someone who can do a translation accurately since the team don't speak those languages.

IIRC Markus has said that he could do a German one, but that's not worth the time.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:40 AM   #50
Basebrah
Minors (Double A)

Please make scouting and the draft fun. There's so much potential for that.

Predictions-

-3D stadiums and Pawns improved
-Finances improved
-Scouting improved. Setting up Networks, watching potential picks
-Draft Day improved.
-Media interaction. Player interaction.

Last edited by Basebrah; 11-03-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Basebrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #51
sloth3604
Bat Boy

I hope that ability to negotiate salary in case of FA increases

나의 SM-A500S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
sloth3604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:39 AM   #52
diesel230
All Star Reserve

More coaches and tying coaching ability in with players personality.

Spring training you have a fielding coach who works well with younger players work with a young second baseman. Players work ethic, intelligence etc... maybe he gets a bump in defense rating.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #53
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Draft 2 days and Trades in it so let's the Giants think the team ahead of them is going to Draft Tino Martinez the guy they want the Giants might offer to the Twins 2 ahead of them their Pick,Javier Lopez,78th pick,Troy Brown.
A League Evolution Rule Option like saying a Team can purchase another Team like the Braves have purchased Birmingham Barons from the White Sox.
More moves happening in Postseason like outright off 40 or what ever number man Roster and so on so if trying to make Rosters as of Tuesday.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #54
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I am sure they will come up with some great things but I know that I will be happy if they add Negro Leagues (both as a league and having the players available for drafting in the majors) and the World Baseball Classic.

Anything else is gravy.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #55
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
I am sure they will come up with some great things but I know that I will be happy if they add Negro Leagues (both as a league and having the players available for drafting in the majors) and the World Baseball Classic.

Anything else is gravy.

WBC has no value for me (i know i am, probably in the minority on that one .... as long as it is optional, i am OK with it) , but the NL is of great value for me. It's the one feature that if implemented correctly will get me to buy 18 - probably after the first couple of patches .....
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:33 PM   #56
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

In-game inclusion of alternate uniforms and a "7-day lineup" for them.
andjbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #57
emptywells42
Minors (Single A)

Ootp 18

Things like an Arizona Fall League and Futures Games would seemingly be pretty easy to implement.
Fall League would be as easy as saying each team can send x number of players to the draft pool. It could be handled similar to the playoff eligibility.
Futures Game could be based off of prospect rankings.
World Baseball Classic would be another cool thing to implement, but slightly unnecessary
Being able to sign coaches away would be a nice feature, but would become a ****show in online leagues
emptywells42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:08 PM   #58
emptywells42
Minors (Single A)

Another feature that would be interesting is having the email section be all private matters, and then having the news section be more of the public news. Perhaps even creating different news outlets, one to follow rumors, one to provide game recaps, one to follow draft prospects (like MLB Pipeline)
emptywells42 is offline   Reply With Quote