Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 02-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM2 Update #6, Version 2.6.46, Now Available!

Our sixth update for FHM2, version 2.6.45, has just been released. (Edit: it's now version 2.6.46; we did a quick hotfix to add automatic fixing of existing dual-GM situations without having to do any manual editing.)

To apply the update if you are playing the eSellerate version of the game, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. If you are on Steam, the update should occur automatically, either as soon as we make the file available or when you launch the game, depending on your Steam settings.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but any fixes involving the database updates in the update will require a new start to be fully effective, and some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

General notes: Unfortunately, a nasty bug slipped through testing in the last update, resulting in the AI occasionally hiring a second GM (and in rare cases, a third) and interfering in roster management. That led to a little initial confusion over exactly what the scope of the bug was, since we got a variety of different reports about the AI doing strange things, caused both by human users getting an unwanted co-GM and having to deal with AI teams with dual/triple GM's. That should all be corrected now. We'll still be doing the planned update post-trading deadline, but we didn't want to wait until then to get the fix out for the phantom-GM problem. The overall number of fixes and changes will be a bit shorter than usual this time, though, since we haven't had the normal amount of time to hit the smaller issues and suggestions.

While getting the bugs sorted out, we were also able to finish something we've been trying to add for a while: the addition of a full NHL-AHL-CHL setup for custom mode - you can now start with the real data for these teams and leagues instead of needing to use a generic setup and editing it yourself. Please be aware that putting the real data into the cut-down format of a fictional league is going to do some strange things, particularly with regard to roster management and player development. If you've wondered why the game runs much faster with only a couple of leagues present vs. the full-blown modern version that has the whole hockey world, this is a pretty good illustration of why: player movement and development is so intertwined between leagues that amputating all of organized hockey except the top two North American leagues and major junior has a big effect on the the surviving leagues. Look at this option as a way to do some quick-playing, fun games, as opposed to the heavy detail of a regular game. If there are game-breaking issues with this new mode, we'll fix them, of course, but we're not going to get bogged down in trying to achieve perfect realism for it, since it's intended, by design, to be a lightweight version of the main modern game.

Data is updated as of Sunday afternoon, so the Toronto-San Jose and Vancouver-Calgary trades aren't in the current database yet, but the Matthias to Colorado one is.

In addition to these notes, we've posted some video notes at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAS7zqWW7B4 where I talk about a few of the changes in more detail.

Changes:

1. Made salary assignments during initial drafts of custom leagues (that have salary caps) more forgiving for younger players, roughly corresponding to the NHL rookie maximum rules.

2. Two-way contracts should now be assigned to user-selected players in initial drafts.

3. Scoring summaries in the centre of the game view now have a little extra room to accomodate longer names.

4. Standings screens in leagues with the 3-2-1-0 points format will now be displayed in the format W-W(O/S)-L-L(O/S).

5. Playoff/non-playoff dividing line now shown in the KHL.

6. Contract expiry dates now shown on the staff screen.

7. AI teams (and assistants) will now tend to use two defencemen on the second power play unit more frequently.

New Additions:

8. Added real NHL/AHL/CHL league structures and data as an option in custom mode.

9. Trade deadline email reminder added.

Bug Fixes:

10. Owners will no longer occasionally hire a second GM in addition to the current one, resulting in various issues for the user's team where the "new" GM made undesired roster moves or blocked/reverted moves/trades initiated by the human GM, and similar issues when the human tries to negotiate with an AI-run team that has multiple GM's.

11. Scouts should now have their correct "home" regions highlighted, and inconsistencies between these and the scouting regions corrected - if a scout's home has any overlap at all with a scouting target area, he gets his home advantage for all teams in that area.

12. Scouts without a preferred region will no longer have the Danish Division 1 highlited as a home region.

13. Facegen uniforms should now always update correctly after player trades/moves.

14. Modern NHL playoff pairings should now always seed correctly.

15. Using "Set Initial Rosters by Draft" in historical leagues in years where the WHA is active will no longer result in a crash after setup.

16. Attempting to view some pre-1917 stats will no longer cause a crash.

17. Junior teams in custom leagues should no longer generate too many players from Aland.

18. Human-run NHL teams should no longer get error messages due to roster issues with their ECHL affiliates.

19. During contract negotiations, players should no longer occasionally say they don't want a particular role, then demand that role in their offer.

20. Fixed crash caused by KHL all-star game.

21. Players should not refuse "overseas" offers when already playing on that continent.

22. AI teams will no longer make trades for players with long-term injuries.

23. Rare crash in mid-March of 2016 fixed.

24. Scheduling issue that could prevent VHL playoffs from starting fixed.

25. Using the "Stop Draft" option no longer results in forfeiting of picks.

26. Historical WHA goalie stats no longer showing as NHL stats.

27. Various mismatches with imported stat histories corrected (ongoing process, please let us know when you see these.)

28. Crash when attempting to view player screen from Suomi-Sarja team history corrected.

29. If the trade deadline in a league is changed to be pre-December 31, it'll now correctly apply to the first year, rather than perpetually being pushed forward a year so it never activates.

30. Suomi-Sarja season end awards should now be awarded at the proper time.

31. Transactions screen will no longer describe some traded picks with the wrong round.

32. 1980 playoffs will no longer occasionally fail to start in historical leagues.

33. Scrolling down the season awards list after switching out of the goalie awards view will no longer cause a crash.

34. Certain contract extensions in online leagues that are signed during the regular season should no longer be repeated at the end of the season.

VIdeo Walkthrough of FHM2 Update 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAS7zqWW7B4

Last edited by JeffR; 02-24-2016 at 04:37 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The Steam version is up now as well.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #3
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the update! I'm excited to try out the updated scouting when I get home later!
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

I have downloaded the update and i started a new save but sadly the update didnt fix the issue when the AI just randomly call up players without my permission. I think i have sent down Zadorov like 5 times already, the next day he always shows up in the Avalanche roster. Please fix this. This is one of the only big issues that makes this game unplayable right now.
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
I have downloaded the update and i started a new save but sadly the update didnt fix the issue when the AI just randomly call up players without my permission. I think i have sent down Zadorov like 5 times already, the next day he always shows up in the Avalanche roster. Please fix this. This is one of the only big issues that makes this game unplayable right now.
Did you have any of the AI assistant options turned on, or use the AI setup organization button? I started a game with Colorado with all the assistants off and sent Zadorov down, and he stays down.

Last edited by JeffR; 02-23-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:44 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

It looks like Malte's just found a way to fix the dual-GM problem in existing saves, which wasn't going to be possible originally. We're going to release a hotfix update that handles it automatically, but if you want to fix it yourself now, there's a workaround: if you go into commissioner mode, remove the extra GM from your team via editing, and then (if it's your team) resign from the team and immediately rejoin them via the Available Jobs screen (since you're in commissioner mode, you'll automatically be hired), the problem won't reoccur.

Edit: links in the first post are now updated to the 2.6.46 hotfix; if you downloaded already and have a save with the two-GM problem, the new version will fix that automatically. There are no other differences between .45 and .46.

Last edited by JeffR; 02-23-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
mattgough60
Bat Boy

Thanks for the fix, a lot of great re ratings and scouting fixes in here. One thing i've noticed though is that the loading and sim speeds are signifcantly slower than before. Not sure if that was expected, or intended, but its definitely noticeable from before
mattgough60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #8
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Did you have any of the AI assistant options turned on, or use the AI setup organization button? I started a game with Colorado with all the assistants off and sent Zadorov down, and he stays down.
I have it set up so i only take care of GM stuff only. So i would handle trades, promotions and demotions, signings and stuff like that. It says that i take care of Promotions and demotions but still the AI bring up players i dont want to have in the NHL roster. Im going to test the hotfix and see if it works. I will get back to you.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:11 PM   #9
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Do i have to start up a new save? Because it still doesnt work with this save.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:16 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
I have it set up so i only take care of GM stuff only. So i would handle trades, promotions and demotions, signings and stuff like that. It says that i take care of Promotions and demotions but still the AI bring up players i dont want to have in the NHL roster. Im going to test the hotfix and see if it works. I will get back to you.
If you have the "Setting Lineups" option on assistant, the AI may call up players if it thinks it needs them to fill out the optimal lineup and your current roster size is lower than the maximum.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #11
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
If you have the "Setting Lineups" option on assistant, the AI may call up players if it thinks it needs them to fill out the optimal lineup and your current roster size is lower than the maximum.
I usually have 2 goalies , 7 defensemens and 14 forwards in the roster and still the AI call up both Zadorov and Gormley.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:32 PM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
I usually have 2 goalies , 7 defensemens and 14 forwards in the roster and still the AI call up both Zadorov and Gormley.
Is it sending anyone down when that happens?
Old 02-23-2016, 03:37 PM   #13
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It still doesnt work with the new save. The thing is if i set "Setting Lineups", i have to take care of lines and thats not what i want. I only want to take care of GM stuff. And if i put it to assistant the AI call up players. I guess you cant play as the GM in a proper way in this game.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #14
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Is it sending anyone down when that happens?
No usually this happens when i get an injury. But still. Lets say i get an injury on a forward. I still have 13 other forwards the AI can choose to put in the line up. But it doesnt matter on what position this happens. Every time i get an injury, the AI call up both Zadorov and Gormley.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:45 PM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
No usually this happens when i get an injury. But still. Lets say i get an injury on a forward. I still have 13 other forwards the AI can choose to put in the line up. But it doesnt matter on what position this happens. Every time i get an injury, the AI call up both Zadorov and Gormley.
OK, if it's doing it in response to injuries, that makes more sense. I may need to have a look at the logic to see why it's bringing up defencemen when a forward would make more sense, but the AI lineup assistant will call players up to replace injuries.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #16
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

But why cant the AI use someone of my healthy scratched players i already have on the roster? I dont really like that they call up a player like Zadorov when i want to have him in minors and develop.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #17
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
But why cant the AI use someone of my healthy scratched players i already have on the roster? I dont really like that they call up a player like Zadorov when i want to have him in minors and develop.
The AI should try to create the lienup with the existing players and don't do any transactions if it's not necessary. Please upload the save and I will look into it.

Here are the upload instructions: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments

Last edited by Malte Schwarz; 02-23-2016 at 04:46 PM.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:47 PM   #18
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
The AI should try to create the lienup with the existing players and don't do any transactions if it's not necessary. Please upload the save and I will look into it.

Here are the upload instructions: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments
I have to watch my tone here again... but why exactly do we have these forums?

This exact issue was discussed in late January. The thread was actually started by the same guy (and is still visible on the 1st page here...).
He (and I) tried to tell the devs (and some beta testers) that this thing does NOT work as it should work. There is no need for savegames. Just start a new game and test it. It takes only three minutes.
Jeff actually posted an answer in that older thread and tried to help. But now I can only conclude: The issue either got ignored or someone simply deemed it totaly not important and placed in WAY down the list of things to fix. I leave out option #3, because someone would feel insulted....
And so and here we go again.

Why is this happening? I don't get it...

Last edited by pens66; 02-23-2016 at 05:49 PM.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #19
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post

This exact issue was discussed in late January. The thread was actually started by the same guy (and is still visible on the 1st page here...).
He (and I) tried to tell the devs (and some beta testers) that this thing does NOT work as it should work. There is no need for savegames. Just start a new game and test it. It takes only three minutes.
Jeff actually posted an answer in that older thread and tried to help. But now I can only conclude: The issue either got ignored or someone simply deemed it totaly not important and placed in WAY down the list of things to fix. I leave out option #3, because someone would feel insulted....

Yes true. It doesnt matter if i upload my save. I have started over like 10 times and its been like this in every save i started.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #20
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post

I will say that the number of bugs that have been in this game in the behind closed doors alpha before release that was discovered and fixed has been huge. Even bugs that were fixed and reappeared again. That's understandable for a game like this. The devs (and testers) have documented and corrected these bugs and their reaction time in diagnosing and fixing them have been amazing. Could items be forgotten or missed that are posted on the forums? Speaking generally, It would be quite rare but I'm sure it's not impossible - we are all human. That is why people are asked to post any bugs in the bugs section. It is through that way they are properly documented every time.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html

Quote:

THIS THREAD IS FOR BUG REPORTS ONLY!

A product as complex as FHM2 will never release without bugs. There will be thousands of people playing and they will find things we did not discover.

If the game does not run for you at all, please check here: How do I get technical support?

If you have problems activating the game read this: Activation Problems

This thread is for PROPER bug reporting! If you find a bug, please post a detailed explanation here, and also upload your league files! (Does not apply to purely cosmetic bugs, here a screenshot should be enough). Please zip the league files (just the *.dat files, you find your saved games in your My Documents folder within the Out of the Park Developments folder, i.e. "My Documents/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/saved_games". FTP the zipped league files to our support server (instructions here: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments ) and add the league file name to your post. IMPORTANT: Bug reports without uploaded league files will be ignored!

Last edited by dave1927p; 02-23-2016 at 10:31 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote