Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2015, 03:18 AM   #1161
beezer37_84
Bat Boy

Not once so far, I get emails for trades, contract offers from other teams, extension requests from my own staff, etc.. but I've never seen one from the owner other than board confidence updates.

I figured it was weird that this hasn't been brought up by more people so I've done a clean install before starting over and installed the game on a different pc but nothing has changed.

Thanks for the response!
beezer37_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:25 AM   #1162
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer37_84 View Post
Not once so far, I get emails for trades, contract offers from other teams, extension requests from my own staff, etc.. but I've never seen one from the owner other than board confidence updates.

I figured it was weird that this hasn't been brought up by more people so I've done a clean install before starting over and installed the game on a different pc but nothing has changed.

Thanks for the response!
I remember us fixing a problem like that a while back, back in beta testing, I think. We'll take a look and see if it's reappeared.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:32 AM   #1163
JeffR
FHM Producer

Just a heads-up to everybody: I'll be going on vacation as of about 6 hours after the time of this post until next Thursday night, so the "quick questions" may not get answered quite so quickly for the next few days. The rest of the team will still be watching the forums, but if there's anything that only I can answer it might be a little while before there's a response from me - I'll be checking in, but not regularly.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #1164
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer37_84 View Post
Is it possible to get a contract extension as a gm?

After installing the latest patch I started a game as a gm only with a starting reputation of greenhorn.

I signed a 4 year contract with Nottingham of the EIHL.

In those 4 years the Panthers went 169-28-11 with 4 playoff appearances and 3 championships. I was awarded GMOY once and was offered many jobs in the OHL, QMJHL, WHL and a few in the FHL and MESTIS.My gm score is 386.

I've now played out multiple contracts with each patch for a variety of teams in different leagues but have never been offered an extension. This includes fictional leagues.

What am I doing wrong?
Please upload your most recent save and I will look into it.

Here are the upload instructions: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:38 AM   #1165
beezer37_84
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
Please upload your most recent save and I will look into it.

Here are the upload instructions: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments
Thank you!

The file is named gmext.zip
beezer37_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:52 PM   #1166
RichardMartin99
Bat Boy

Smile 3 on 3 overtime

Will subsequent builds on FHM 2.4 incorporate the new NHL

rule using 3 on 3 in overtime games.

Thanks, Richard
RichardMartin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #1167
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Why are there players who you give a forced entry level contract offer to by the game clicking meet demand, and then they get mad saying your offering them lower. I find this is still happening with unsigned free agents who are in the 20-22 age range who think they should be in the NHL. They then sign with some other team for an entry level contract.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #1168
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardMartin99 View Post
Will subsequent builds on FHM 2.4 incorporate the new NHL

rule using 3 on 3 in overtime games.

Thanks, Richard
Yes, at some point it will be added to the game. But we don't want to make it half-baked so it is just there, so it will take a bit longer (we add real 3on3 lines with separate icetime, tactics and everything else that the other lines have).

Btw, Jeff is on a well deserved vacation so I try to catch up here on the board. So please be patient when an answer takes a bit longer as I code a lot for the next update.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:31 PM   #1169
Northernsky
Major Leagues

Any chance you'll add a quick play option on the schedule page next to the play option like in OOTP?
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #1170
josephyw
Minors (Single A)

I'm a GM in an online league. We are on March 11th, 2020. I haven't received any league mail since December 15, 2020. Any reason why that might be aside from a bug? Thanks.

P.S. - I also noticed that I'll set training and, after I get the league file post-sim, that none of the training I actually set has occurred. Instead, it seems clearly orchestrated by the A.I., as it's training players I don't even have an interest in retaining beyond the year. I have training set to me in the manager options, so I have no idea what is going on. Is this a feature (akin to how in scouting, a scout will have no assignment once they don't find any interesting players) or a bug?

Edit: I uploaded the .dat files to the FTP as SportslgJWRH.zip, in case anybody over there wanted to take a look.

Last edited by josephyw; 12-05-2015 at 10:25 AM.
josephyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #1171
jpsyr
Bat Boy

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Changing lines during a game

Is it possible to change the lines during a game manually or will it always happen automatically?

Is it possible to change the frequency of when penalties occur?

Jpsyr
jpsyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #1172
DanielR
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey, I have 2 questions for you guys.

1. I started as an expansion team in the 2015-16 season and I couldn't do things like "AI set organization" or even use the options like "CPU finish draft, Pick until human" etc. in the expansion draft. They all showed up in a gray colour and were not clickable. I was wondering if this was maybe because I was in "GM + Head Coach" mode but I ran another game and it still didn't work. Example: Screenshot by Lightshot

2. Is there a way I can get out of GM + Head Coach mode? I clicked it by mistake without realizing, but I can't seem to find a way to go to GM mode? Or am I just gonna have to start a new save?
DanielR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:21 AM   #1173
DarthYoda
Minors (Single A)

How does the player attribute "Pass/shoot Tendency" work? Has it anything to do with how often they pass OR shoot, or is it only an offensive metric overall?

Last edited by DarthYoda; 12-06-2015 at 08:42 AM.
DarthYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #1174
DarthYoda
Minors (Single A)

So, before i start another historical game and have it fail again. I suppose that if i pick FHM Development and retirement engine instead of the other option then custom made players wont just retire after the first season?
DarthYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:43 PM   #1175
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephyw View Post
I'm a GM in an online league. We are on March 11th, 2020. I haven't received any league mail since December 15, 2020. Any reason why that might be aside from a bug? Thanks.

P.S. - I also noticed that I'll set training and, after I get the league file post-sim, that none of the training I actually set has occurred. Instead, it seems clearly orchestrated by the A.I., as it's training players I don't even have an interest in retaining beyond the year. I have training set to me in the manager options, so I have no idea what is going on. Is this a feature (akin to how in scouting, a scout will have no assignment once they don't find any interesting players) or a bug?

Edit: I uploaded the .dat files to the FTP as SportslgJWRH.zip, in case anybody over there wanted to take a look.
Please send Malte Schwarz a PM so he's aware and can take a look. Thanks!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #1176
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsyr View Post
Is it possible to change the lines during a game manually or will it always happen automatically?

Is it possible to change the frequency of when penalties occur?

Jpsyr
It's automatic, but you can tweak how many minutes you want certain lines to play.

There's no penalty modifier.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #1177
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
Hey, I have 2 questions for you guys.

1. I started as an expansion team in the 2015-16 season and I couldn't do things like "AI set organization" or even use the options like "CPU finish draft, Pick until human" etc. in the expansion draft. They all showed up in a gray colour and were not clickable. I was wondering if this was maybe because I was in "GM + Head Coach" mode but I ran another game and it still didn't work. Example: Screenshot by Lightshot

2. Is there a way I can get out of GM + Head Coach mode? I clicked it by mistake without realizing, but I can't seem to find a way to go to GM mode? Or am I just gonna have to start a new save?
1. I'm not sure why that would be. Are you sure you've simulated to the proper date for the expansion draft? Have you tried turning commissioner mode on to see if that helps?

2. Unfortunately no I don't think there is a way once in game, but I'll let Jeff correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #1178
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
How does the player attribute "Pass/shoot Tendency" work? Has it anything to do with how often they pass OR shoot, or is it only an offensive metric overall?
If it's a metric on whether he's more likely to shoot in certain situations or pass in certain situations. So guys who rack up lots of assists for example will have more a shooting tendency than those who are pure goal scorers.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #1179
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If it's a metric on whether he's more likely to shoot in certain situations or pass in certain situations. So guys who rack up lots of assists for example will have more a shooting tendency than those who are pure goal scorers.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #1180
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, before i start another historical game and have it fail again. I suppose that if i pick FHM Development and retirement engine instead of the other option then custom made players wont just retire after the first season?
The FHM development engine will take over your game and you could see different carer arcs if you select that option. Using recalc is more true to real life.

I'm not sure how custom players are handled in historical modes but yes with FHM development engine on you should have better luck.