Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

BZ 1893: Game crashes when using import/export function

I am running the latest patch, 9.1.6, although I had the same problem with the last version, 9.1.2 as well. I tried to export the roster file from the Game Setup, League Setup screen, which worked ok. But after I made a few changes and saved the text file, when I tried to import the text file back into the game, from the same screen, the game crashes after loading 60%. I did not move the location of the text file or do anything to it, other than edit some of the numbers in the file.

I am running an historical league on my PC, if that is relevant.
silentrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentrob View Post
But after I made a few changes and saved the text file
Well, my first thought here is that you corrupted the file by making your changes. What exactly did you change in what file?
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

In the rosters text file, I changed the endurance rating of three pitchers who had become hitters over the course of their career so they would not rate as pitchers anymore. I changed whatever the old rating was, and made it 0 for all 3 guys. I tried doing it this way since I can manually edit the endurance to 1, but not 0, in the player editor screen.

Last edited by silentrob; 08-21-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

To add more information to my previous post, I did a little experiment and found out that even if I make no changes whatsoever to the roster text file after I export it, the game still crashes when I try to import the roster text file again.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To add more information to my previous post, I did a little experiment and found out that even if I make no changes whatsoever to the roster text file after I export it, the game still crashes when I try to import the roster text file again.
Are you opening up the file and saving it? Maybe your editor is reformatting it?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Are you opening up the file and saving it? Maybe your editor is reformatting it?
I have tried both ways. Making changes and saving, produces the crash. So I tried doing nothing with the file, just exporting it then importing it right away, not even opening the file or touching it in anyway, and that crashed, too. And I've tried opening the file and then saving it in both notepad and wordpad. Was that what you meant by asking if my editor is reformatting it?
Old 08-23-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I tried doing nothing with the file, just exporting it then importing it right away, not even opening the file or touching it in anyway, and that crashed, too.

Was that what you meant by asking if my editor is reformatting it?
Yeah, that's what I wanted to hear. Could you please upload a zipped copy of your .dat files to us and let us know the file name per the following instructions:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-files-us.html
Old 08-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

The files should be uploaded under the name Silentrob.zip . Thank you for the assistance.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I have logged this as BZ 1893. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything about it.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #10
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
I have logged this as BZ 1893. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything about it.
Just curious, having never had to use tech support before, is there an estimated wait time to get issues resolved? My problem isn't a critical one, I can still play while I wait without the league history being distorted too drastically, so I'm just wondering if I have a while to wait or should expect something within the next couple days.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #11
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just curious, having never had to use tech support before, is there an estimated wait time to get issues resolved? My problem isn't a critical one, I can still play while I wait without the league history being distorted too drastically, so I'm just wondering if I have a while to wait or should expect something within the next couple days.
No, I'm sorry. Your guess is as good as mine.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #12
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

This issue has been claimed fixed for the upcoming patch (post 9.1.6). If after installing it you still see this behavior, please post in Tech Support. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #13
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you for the update. Hopefully this will be the end of the matter.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #14
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

Previous problem with crashing not solved

A while back, I started this thread

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-function.html

because the game crashed whenever I tried to import a text file using the import/export function. As you can see at the end of that post, I was told the bug would be fixed in newer patches. It has not been. My game still crashes after loading 66% when I try to import a text file. This includes files that I have not modified at all, and not even opened. I just generated them with the export function, then tried to reimport immediately, but the game crashes at that point.

I don't know if this matters at all, but I went straight from 9.1.6 patch to the 9.2.2 patch.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #15
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

Just hoping no one forgets about this one...
Old 10-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #16
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I have reopened the report for you. However, since the last patch has been released for OOTP 9, you should not realistically expect a fix before the next full release of the game. Thanks for reporting the issue.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #17
silentrob
Minors (Triple A)

I was afraid of this. Just a little disappointed that the website info concerning the last patch said this was now fixed, but I'm still having the problem.

I guess this means you can close this thread down, as there isn't much more for me to do except deal with it.