Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-13-2019, 12:42 AM   #21
avsfan96
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What happened to Front Office on League Controls

There is no Front Office on the League Control menu. The manual states that there is but it is nowhere to be seen. The only way to look at current free agents is to go to league home...roster...free agents.....
avsfan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:47 AM   #22
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow4u View Post
I am getting ready for the expansion draft and the manual reads teams will automatically protect players. How many do they protect ? on the league rules screen it defaults to -90-. I have no idea what this means ? Teams don't have that many players to protect. Need a bit of help here - - thanks.
ie; can we set how many players teams will protect for the draft as in past versions such as 15 or 18 etc...
I don't believe you can change it. It's typically the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain94 View Post
I saw an older video of FHM, I think it was FHM3, there was a momentum meter that swung back and forth during the game. I don't see that in FHM6. Was it removed? And if so, is momentum still modeled in the background for the simulation engine?
It's more in the background now again instead of visual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan96 View Post
There is no Front Office on the League Control menu. The manual states that there is but it is nowhere to be seen. The only way to look at current free agents is to go to league home...roster...free agents.....
We switched in to align with OOTP. It's now "Transactions". I'll pass it on to Jeff to see if we can get it updated.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:16 AM   #23
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain94 View Post
I saw an older video of FHM, I think it was FHM3, there was a momentum meter that swung back and forth during the game. I don't see that in FHM6. Was it removed? And if so, is momentum still modeled in the background for the simulation engine?
Yes, it was removed, it was part of the older tactics/coaching system that was replaced in FHM5.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:42 AM   #24
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan96 View Post
You can go to Free Agent Center in your teams drop down menu.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:44 PM   #25
JT_Dutch
Minors (Single A)

Something I noticed during the last stream you guys did ... Jarmo Myllys was second in the NHL in save percentage on April 6 of 1997, and his team was listed as the Rochester Red Wings (I presume?).

Are minor leaguers included in the NHL stat leaders? Or did the game combine Myllys's numbers with Rochester and Detroit? Just found this to be a little unusual.
Attached Images
JT_Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:49 PM   #26
renojedi
Major Leagues

Are there some roles that work well with others and some that conflict with each other?

Trying to figure out if I just pick the best role for a player or if I select it based upon what his line mate's roles are.
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:21 PM   #27
Senko1291
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I expanded the league and my team had no farm teams? I know in FHM 5 they automatically showed up. How do we get farm teams for expansion teams now?
Senko1291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:45 AM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senko1291 View Post
I expanded the league and my team had no farm teams? I know in FHM 5 they automatically showed up. How do we get farm teams for expansion teams now?
Add them to another league via the structure editor for that league, then on your expansion team's team edit screen, set the new minor league team as one of its two farm teams.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:47 AM   #29
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Dutch View Post
Something I noticed during the last stream you guys did ... Jarmo Myllys was second in the NHL in save percentage on April 6 of 1997, and his team was listed as the Rochester Red Wings (I presume?).

Are minor leaguers included in the NHL stat leaders? Or did the game combine Myllys's numbers with Rochester and Detroit? Just found this to be a little unusual.
They're listed with the team they're currently with, so if a player makes the leaderboard and then is sent to the minors, they'll show the minor league abbreviation until he gets called up or pushed out of the leaders. It's only counting the stats for the displayed league, not both leagues.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #30
Colorado
Major Leagues

Does bringing up prospects to training camp have an impact on their development?
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #31
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Is there a limit for expansion or adding teams per season?

If I play historical with evolution disabled and once I start the 1967-68 season there wouldn't be a problem with a 6 team expansion?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #32
landru22
Major Leagues

Editing questions:
If i edit say a 38 year old player and make them a 20 year old, change all of his attributes including his potential ratings, will this player develop like any other 20 year old?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #33
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
Editing questions:
If i edit say a 38 year old player and make them a 20 year old, change all of his attributes including his potential ratings, will this player develop like any other 20 year old?
No, at 38 it's almost certain that the start of his decline has been triggered, so his ratings will still go down despite the age change.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #34
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Does bringing up prospects to training camp have an impact on their development?
If they're under contract, only if you give them additional coaching time via the training screen. If they're not, i.e. you're an NHL team with them in camp via a tryout, then yes, it will help it unless your coaching is somehow worse than the team they're normally on.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:18 PM   #35
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I was told in another thread that when I couldn't start an historical league(1925) with disabled evolution and it said can't open folder then I did delete some stuff off my PC (recommended by JeffR)and it still wouldn't work but it did work for 1967 historical so it can't be for a lack of memory on my PC .
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #36
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No, at 38 it's almost certain that the start of his decline has been triggered, so his ratings will still go down despite the age change.
Would it be better to just create that 20 year old from scratch (create player)?
Old 10-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #37
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Would it be better to just create that 20 year old from scratch (create player)?
Yes, that player would develop normally.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:23 PM   #38
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yes, that player would develop normally.
Is there a way to make this player a restricted free agent when his elc is over? I have created young players and they always have unrestricted status.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:25 PM   #39
GDawg
Minors (Double A)

How do I add/distract/swap teams in historical mode? I now you can only do this only on July 1, but cant seem to find the right setting. Suppose I want to keep the Senators in the NHL in 1934, I don't see a possibility to do so in the offseason. I would like to change the divisions too.Thanks.

Edit: already found it, had to check box of league evolution.

Last edited by GDawg; 10-14-2019 at 04:29 PM.
GDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #40
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Is there a way to make this player a restricted free agent when his elc is over? I have created young players and they always have unrestricted status.
The contract expiry status can't be edited directly, but if you just add his rights to a team on July 1 when he becomes a free agent, that'll turn him into a RFA for that league.