Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:02 AM   #1
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

PT Season 24 - Jack Bauer time! (2042)

Tick tock...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 09-02-2019 at 09:05 AM.
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
old timer
Hall Of Famer

After being in a league with about 15 whales for the past 2 seasons, we find ourselves in a league with only two other mini-whales (Jonestown Athletics & Bludhaven Robins) and they're both in the other conference and in the same division. We can really use the big PP boost this should bring since I'm not spending money anymore (Well, almost certainly not. Probably not. Hopefully not?).
Old 09-02-2019, 09:18 AM   #3
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I remember a time when there was order and a system in these thread titles. I miss that time.

No, I'm no joy at parties, and what are parties?

These three teams will continue their wretched ways this season and will continue to find ways to tear out my heart and stomp on it... and then put it back into the chest cavity from where it came, since if they didn't they couldn't do the same thing again tomorrow. How kind of them.

The Raccoons have a few new players, courtesy of the ultimately follious spending spree last week. Some 300 packs shredded. Nothing of actual value. Additions are mainly the Arenado/Tatis pair, but if I can't get the Tom Henke card to sell I might add that one later.

The deGrom price is the average of my three sales this week (there is some good and some bad luck in that story…), but there currently wasn't one up for an actual 7-day average.

The Rebels have Syndergaard for a reinforcement, which even in Gold is not much of a gain. That card is just a pile of horse ****, much like the actual Syndergaard this year. I still blame the ****ing neon action strato baseballs.

The Accountants ****ed up their LDS appearance after a 99-win season. The principal new addition here is the All Star version of Kirby Yates. Maybe we can finally have an actual ****ing closer. I bought Yates on Sunday, but he came along too late to be eligible for the LDS. And there never was an LCS. Isn't that right, you suckers??

The Accountants' cards on hand also for the first time have a negative total of value added/lost due to the abundance of live gold cards that I bought that turned out to be useless on the field and soon enough live silver cards that had no actual value anymore.

I'm so good at this game.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:23 AM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
We can really use the big PP boost this should bring since I'm not spending money anymore
Famous last words.

The Louisville Colonels are in the same league as... the Louisville Colonels. It is really messing up my logo and I am not enjoying that. It could be a long week.

The Colonels are in the same division with those LyinCheatinSenators. I am pretty sure I won't enjoy that either, because pappyzan's team is always a struggle for me. He is a master platooner and his ballpark/strategy is the opposite of mine. I have no answers except to run my defending champs out there and hope for the best.

Good luck to everyone this week!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #5
gemini615
All Star Reserve

My all Indians team (Ohio City) finally bumbled their way into Perfect. They lasted 3 seasons at the highest level in PT19 before getting run off the reservation, so my goal is to survive the bludgeoning for at least four seasons this time. The team is led by 98 Feller, 95 Shoeless Joe, and 95 Tris Speaker and we really excel in getting blown out of Wildcard games.

I won't be posting about the Terriers here though. They have their own dynasty blog where you can read about them dragging trash across the infield and biting fans.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:54 AM   #6
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

This week for Huntley, it's P437 and...

...oh dear lord, it's the Singapore Sluggers again. But, hey, they're in the AC, and Huntley is in the NC, for so the first time ever, I can just watch them slaughter mercilessly from afar!

Other than the 6-time champs Sluggers in the AC East, the only other team in the AC that has already won a Perfect League championship is one I don't believe I've ever seen before--the 4-time (including last season) Perfect champs San Antonio Cotton Rats in the AC Central. There are 7 AC teams that have won Diamond championships, though; perhaps one of those teams can finish its ascension of the Perfect Team mountain?

In the NC, the Red Raiders, in the West, are one of only 2 teams with a Perfect League championship; the other is the Polonia Bytom, in the East, with one Perfect championship to its name. So it's a wide-open field, with the solid chance of a team looking for its first Perfect championship making it to the Series.

Full league follows...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:55 AM   #7
Magus978
All Star Starter

This is a set it and forget it week for my $ team. Most of the big whales have been put in my league, so I'm expecting a 100-110 loss season which sees me drop to diamond.

RNGjesus continues to stick it to me, it seems.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
I remember a time when there was order and a system in these thread titles. I miss that time.
Me too. Who is Jack Bauer? I know Trevor Bauer...
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:02 AM   #9
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Bad News Bulldogs are testament to what a lucky pull can do for you. I powered through Iron and Bronze but slowed down in silver. at the start of my 2nd silver season i went 'Reds Only' with a fairly basic team and started doing the reds collections, I did the Vada Pinson collection and pulled a Brouthers from the diamond pack, which gave me enough PP to complete all of the Reds collections and add a few players on top, 3 straight promotions including 2 championships and I'm in Perfect 421. the only addition to my roster is Jim Maloney who joins a mediocre starting staff/awful bullpen... could be a long season

Paragon City Heroes had a great season, the only roster changes OUT: Seaver, Belanger, Regan IN:Cronin, Clevinger (who I packed a while ago but haven't tried, I was going to buy Verlander, then his no hitter caused his price to skyrocket) I still have room for one more reliever (or starter if Clevinger doesn't impress

Neuman Furshlugginers have undergone a transformation. Out goes: basically everyone, using that income to do the Negro League Mission, so Suttles, Dandridge, Dihigo, Johnson, Hughes form the core of the lineup, with Greg Jeffries (94) at 1st base, Micky Cochrane is at C. Sold Buck O'Neil as I use him on another squad and dislike using the same guys. The starting staff is Rogan, Foster and Day, with Buehrle and Friend. (from the diamond packs i got Snell/Kershaw, so i guess thats 8k back). There are a few Flyball pitchers on the staff so I am guessing OF range is important, so I may need a better LF than the silver Vada Pinson

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #10
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Bad time to be away from the game.... hoping to be able to at least have time to set the team mid week.....

My Bombers are in:

* The same division than Virginia Beach Freaks (3pl Titles and .715 WPctg),
* The same conference than the Brooklyn Bombers (3pl Titles, .694 WPctg)
* The same league than the Orlando Shockers (9pl titles, .790 WPctg)

Although the Shockers will be battling with a couple of great teams, I expect them to get to the WS .... The Bronx Bombers will have a battle of their own with a couple of big whales and a few good teams.... my biggest concern is the game time I'll get this week, but no excuses, good luck P429, there's a combined 28 PL titles in this league!, should be great one.

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:14 AM   #11
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Finally made the jump to OL on all three teams.

The Topeka Defenders had some significant pitching additions in 96 Clemens and 96 Saberhagen so that should help bolster the rotation. They also added 89 Sutter which should help the pen. Looking forward to the OL league.

The Missouri Legends have retooled for the OL league with a number of live cards gone by the wayside. Brought in 82 Ozzie Smith to play SS and Edgar Renteria to play 1b. Rick Ankiel and Harvey Haddix are slotting into the bullpen.

The Kansas Rangers unfortunately aren't in the Iron OL group (albeit there's only 3 possible teams) but after a successful 96 win season, they will hopefully build on that and get promoted. They were the benefit of some last season RNG by packing Peak Leon Day and Ismael Valdez. Both of those cards slot into the top of the rotation. Also hoping Ray Lankford can build on his MVP winning 8.2 WAR season and have another productive season. Chris Colabello was second in MVP voting so hoping those two can carry us to bronze.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team

Last edited by Maxfire5; 09-02-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #12
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Pre-season Preview:

Cincinnati Redlegs (OL) - P407: The flagship franchise takes another crack at Perfect. I'll be happy with another middling finish, indeed, a few years of them as we consolidate our position. We are in an all-OL division so that should be fun.

South Side Lumber Company (White Sox) - S275: Is this the year the Lumber Company finally make the playoffs in Silver? I honestly can't believe it hasn't happened yet, seeing as how the Orioles got promoted to Gold and I think SSLC is the better team. We will continue to monitor the AH for those last two players we need. Hopefuly we'll rocket through the divisions with two more Diamond pitchers, plus 99 Appling and 100 Walsh.

Amarillo Gold Sox (OL) - S313: Back in OL play, the Gold Sox big off-season move was signing Martin Dihigo. Forget super-sub; El Inmortal is a super starter. He will play everyday, just in about six different positions. I'm very excited about this move. We'll also get a full season of Eddie Plank to look forward to. The Gettysburg native will be wearing #87 this season.

Rottnest Island Quokkas (FTP) - G338: The Quokks got relegated, of course, meaning while I don't have any teams in Iron (yay!), I also don't have any in Diamond (boo!). The last time the Quokkas were in Gold, they took home a shiny trophy. I didn't think we were so bad to get relegated, and I've survived before with worse records, but I don't expect another shiny trophy. Playoffs, sure.

Everett Aquasox (Mariners) - B241: Finally, the long national nightmare is over! The Froggies are in Bronze, and, quite frankly, I expect them to do well. Edgar Martinez is the reigning MVP, and we'll try to re-acquire JJ Putz after getting sniped at the end of last season. But only at the right price. Which is why we got sniped in the first place.

Charlotte Monarchs (Pack only) - S266: 82 OVR Kevin McReynolds was the only pull of note from this week's packs. I expect another wheel-spinning season. Maybe this time we'll make enough PP to buy more than five packs.

Baltimore Orioles (Orioles/Browns/IL Orioles) - G322: The Orioles don't actually have any minor-league Orioles on their roster yet, but there are two that are earmarked for acquisition. Just waiting on the right price. Hope I don't have to wait too long, or we'll find ourselves back in Silver.

Clinton Lumber Kings (Points) - B263: The sliders have been adjusted to run on the basepaths some more. This is a transparent, shameless attempt to get Kirk Gibson a 30/30 season. Since this is all about the points, I don't care what you think. Still accepting suggestions for what to do with this points. Once I hit 90K in the the balance (currently at 57K) I will buy 10 packs.

Also, Rod Carew bought Jeff Samardzija a steak dinner, and is now wearing #29.

Thetford Mines Mineurs (Canada) - B209: The Mineurs also won promotion, but I'm not expecting great things. We'll do fine, and even better if the auction I have currently running pans out. We'll know in a couple of hours.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #13
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Bad time to be away from the game.... hoping to be able to at least have time to set the team mid week.....

My Bombers are in:

Although the Shockers will be battling with a couple of great teams, I expect them to get to the WS .... The Bronx Bombers will have a battle of their own with a couple of big whales and a few good teams.... my biggest concern is the game time I'll get this week, but no excuses, good luck P429, there's a combined 28 PL titles in this league!, should be great one.

It would definitely be an interesting WS if your team plays the Shockers. I just checked and your Bronx Bombers have the all-time highest WPct for teams at the perfect level and the Orlando Shockers are 3rd. Those other teams are very good too, of course.

Good luck this season and let us know how it goes.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:40 AM   #14
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Good Luck all!

I'm sitting back a little from regular league play at the moment, come on you Tournaments
Old 09-02-2019, 10:51 AM   #15
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

My first season in Diamond, I'll call it a success if I don't get relegated

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #16
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Famous last words.

The Louisville Colonels are in the same league as... the Louisville Colonels. It is really messing up my logo and I am not enjoying that. It could be a long week.

The Colonels are in the same division with those LyinCheatinSenators. I am pretty sure I won't enjoy that either, because pappyzan's team is always a struggle for me. He is a master platooner and his ballpark/strategy is the opposite of mine. I have no answers except to run my defending champs out there and hope for the best.

Good luck to everyone this week!
This Louisville Colonels dual team multiverse is going to drive me crazy all week. The logos have flipped a couple of times already, just one game in.

Some good teams in this league including yours & the Fighting Frogs in our conference, and LA Rams & Brooklyn Cyclones thankfully in the other conference, plus I'm sure there are others I'm missing.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #17
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post

My Bombers are in:

P429 is a heck of a league. My Farmers are in the same division with the Orlando Shockers and the Amsterdam Armada, therefore playoffs are very unlikely this year but it will be fun battling all these great teams.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:57 AM   #18
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

The Express have been dropped into P420, and fortunately the division (NC East) looks to be fairly open, but the NC Central looks to be a fight between the 7 time PL Champion Bellvue Black Knights, and the 4 time PL Champion Saigon Tritons. Should be a fairly exciting season, and I'm glad that those two can fight it out, and one of them will have to go the WC route.

My Tombstone Glory advanced to S325. The big off season addition was Billy Williams, so I'm thrilled to have another big left-handed bat.

My wife got promoted into P438 this week, her first week in Perfect. Her first division features the 6 time Champion Chernobyl Meltdown, so I think she may be in for an "interesting" experience.

Good luck to everyone!
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #19
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by camonroe View Post
P429 is a heck of a league. My Farmers are in the same division with the Orlando Shockers and the Amsterdam Armada, therefore playoffs are very unlikely this year but it will be fun battling all these great teams.
Wow, your Farmers are going to give the AL a run for the money... another great team with close to .700 WPctg... what a league!!

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #20
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Completed a mission and received a Gold pack with Starling Marte, see what he and the others can do in Gold

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote