Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #2881
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold league playoffs update:

In the AC, Harlem and Waffletown met in the LDS, and it turned out to be a 'road warrior' series. Waffletown jumped out to a 2 games to 0 lead after taking both games at Harlem. Hoping to clinch at home in front of their own fans, the Syrups couldn't finish the deal and Harlem fought back to take games 3 and 4 to send it to a decisive game 5.

In game 5, it was a pitcher's duel as neither team was able to push a single runner across the plate until Waffletown broke through in the top of the 9th to score the only run of the game to win 1-0 and not only clinch a birth to the LCS, but a ticket to the Diamond league next season.

Waffletown will face division rival Pike County in the LCS.

In the NC, Transylvania played a fantastic series against division rival Annandale and took the series 3 games to 1; which to the fans of the Impalers wasn't a surprise as the team went 11-8 against the Atom Smashers during the regular season. Transylvania moves on to the LCS and will move up to Diamond league next year.

In the other NC LDS series, Palolo went the distance against the Pere Cheney Guardians, clinching the series in front of their home fans with a 6-4 victory in game 5 to punch their ticket to the LCS as well as promotion to Diamond next year.

3 of the 4 remaining teams are OL teams, so we're guaranteed at least one team to represent us in the World Series. Good luck all!
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #2882
Magus978
All Star Starter

Good lord...not only did we lose in game 5, but we gave up 14 runs.

If there were more affordable 80's players, I'd have myself a little firesale right now. What a gutless showing.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #2883
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

still need updates from Perfect, Diamond and a re-vamped Bronze to include the missing teams from the previous update.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:25 PM   #2884
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Bronze 232 playoff update.

The only non-OL team was taken out of the wildcard stage so we're guaranteed an OL victory here. We've also got our four teams to be promoted to Silver: Sad Hill Hunters, Redmond Defenders, Auckland Athletics (gulp), and Tacoma Aroma.
Attached Images
Old 06-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #2885
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
Bronze 232 playoff update.

The only non-OL team was taken out of the wildcard stage so we're guaranteed an OL victory here. We've also got our four teams to be promoted to Silver: Sad Hill Hunters, Redmond Defenders, Auckland Athletics (gulp), and Tacoma Aroma.
now that's a beautiful sight.... four OL teams filling all the LCS slots
Old 06-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #2886
Charlatan
All Star Starter

S279 Playoffs Update

Motown is currently playing in the sub-league series for the right to advance to the Silver Series. New York was swept in the division series.

Motown will advance to Gold next year.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:49 PM   #2887
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Alll teams advancing or relegating have been updated in the friends list (they haven't been moved - just the league designation for next year has been updated). Please check out the friends list at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...y3o/edit#gid=0 and make sure your friends lists are up to date so we get all the teams that are moving in the proper league with their OL buddies.

>> If your team is in Entry League this year, make sure you get added to the friends list!

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-23-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #2888
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Ok, I am adding all the OL friends that are in gold or diamond to my friends list for the Southpaws. As I mentioned earlier in the week, the Southpaws are OL - compliant, and they will remain in Diamond next week. Please, those of you that are going to be in diamond next season, please add me as a friend!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:22 PM   #2889
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Congrats to Joe and his Redmond Defenders on their elimination of the Texas Strangers. Good luck the rest of the way!

The bright side is the Strangers get to stay in Bronze and perhaps improve before moving up to Silver.

I will let kiddo know. He was thrilled to face one of your teams and then maybe dads Sad Hill Hunter team.

I just hope my Sad Hill Hunters don’t lose.
A week of listening to him beat my team is too much (laughing...).

His brother (Endless Summer) failed in Gold. He was promoted every season until he reached Gold and finally reached the end. Now the early level strategy and players are starting to fail to produce enough runs.

On the positive side, Seager is slowly approaching 100+ defense and performed ok for the most part.

Looks like Perfect league was fairly quiet for us. Kiddos Woodinville Infinite Power team was knocked out of the wild card.
He is hoping he gets shuffled into your division next season to see if he can keep up with your Xtreme team.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:24 PM   #2890
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Logo is set. I could only find the Redmond crusaders in EP. I didn't find any Birds. There's 6 pages of them. What's the username of the birds?

Look for Redmond Birds.
But to be on the safe side add all the other Bronze -OL teams as well.

By next week, the Birds will go through the name adjustment (or as soon as the kids finish the logos).

Old 06-23-2019, 05:32 PM   #2891
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Gold league playoffs update:

Wow. Very impressed with the Puppies team. Took care of business in Silver and continued the same strong play in Gold for a promotion to Diamond.

Not an easy task....

Good luck in Diamond. My son already mentioned he plans to move up and get his next battle with the Puppies in Diamond league.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:34 PM   #2892
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Wow. Very impressed with the Puppies team. Took care of business in Silver and continued the same strong play in Gold for a promotion to Diamond.

Not an easy task....

Good luck in Diamond. My son already mentioned he plans to move up and get his next battle with the Puppies in Diamond league.
like i've said before... those puppies might look all cute and cuddly... but they are vicious and remorseless killing machines when it's game time....
Old 06-23-2019, 05:37 PM   #2893
joehart
All Star Starter

Could not have said it any better.

Like my wife always says...people bring all the puppies to work and there is always that one crazy psycho puppy that goes crazy and beats up everyone else.
We have found him....

Old 06-23-2019, 06:21 PM   #2894
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Looks like Perfect league was fairly quiet for us. Kiddos Woodinville Infinite Power team was knocked out of the wild card.
He is hoping he gets shuffled into your division next season to see if he can keep up with your Xtreme team.
I hope we get together in at least the same conference if we miss divisions. My poor little Luckenbach Armadillos will be coming to Perfect too it seems. They should be an easy win for him. They are a decent Gold Level team that keeps overachieving, The Armadillos have no Perfects, no Diamonds and only 16 Gold cards on their roster with 9 Silver and Bronze mixed.

Ask them to add KushielRM to their friends' list tonight.

Last edited by Kushiel; 06-23-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:26 PM   #2895
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So I sent this to Stanley, I will also post here:

Ok, here are the final "Our League" standings for P423:
Aina Haina Parakeets: 26-22
Battery Point EB: 24-24
BS Cottons: 27-24
CAL Quantum Condors: 11-18
Cigar City Lagers: 19-11
Kaneohe Mokes: 11-16
Virginia Freeloaders: 12-15

So it looks like Cigar City should get the crown!

As far as playoffs are concerned, three teams qualified: Battery Point (NC Wild Card), Virginia Freeloaders (AC West division leader), and Cigar City Lagers (AC Wild Card). BP won their wild card but Cigar City lost theirs. Still, that's pretty good for perfect, I think!

However, both Virginia and Battery Point lost their divisional series.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #2896
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I hope we get together in at least the same conference if we miss divisions. My poor little Luckenbach Armadillos will be coming to Perfect too it seems. They should be an easy win for him. They are a decent Gold Level team that keeps overachieving, The Armadillos have no Perfects, no Diamonds and only 16 Gold cards on their roster with 9 Silver and Bronze mixed.
Ewa Beach is joining you. congratulations!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:31 PM   #2897
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Could not have said it any better.

Like my wife always says...people bring all the puppies to work and there is always that one crazy psycho puppy that goes crazy and beats up everyone else.
We have found him....
I’ve always had a thing for cute but deadly things creatures.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:31 PM   #2898
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So I sent this to Stanley, I will also post here:

Ok, here are the final "Our League" standings for P423:
Aina Haina Parakeets: 26-22
Battery Point EB: 24-24
BS Cottons: 27-24
CAL Quantum Condors: 11-18
Cigar City Lagers: 19-11
Kaneohe Mokes: 11-16
Virginia Freeloaders: 12-15

So it looks like Cigar City should get the crown!

As far as playoffs are concerned, three teams qualified: Battery Point (NC Wild Card), Virginia Freeloaders (AC West division leader), and Cigar City Lagers (AC Wild Card). BP won their wild card but Cigar City lost theirs. Still, that's pretty good for perfect, I think!

Virginia Beach and the Bruins didn’t belong in the same league as us. Sigh.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #2899
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post

Further, every divisional series was a sweep. How often do you see that?

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #2900
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Ewa Beach is joining you. congratulations!
I put Joe's sons' Perfect Level teams on my Armadillo friend's list to try to pull them into an OL setting at that level. If I am going to get beat up I would rather get beat up by them than some of the other Perfect Teams that I do not know.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote