Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 03-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Hockey13Playa's personal/fictional USBL Expansion Teams

Download contains the following:
  • All 24 USBL Team Logos
  • All 24 USBL Team Logos small (few were changed from previous created set - I like using cap logos)
  • All 6 USBL Expansion Team Logos
  • All 6 USBL Expansion Team Logos small
  • All 24 USBL Jerseys (updated for accuracy includes Nike branding)
  • All 24 USBL Caps (updated for accuracy includes Nike branding)
  • All 6 USBL Expansion Jerseys
  • All 6 USBL Expansion Caps

Hey all. So I think Daniel Saline's USBL is so good I want to start a fictional league in OOTP20 with all the teams and locations he created. In doing so I decided I eventually want to bring the league from his 24 teams up to 30. I have decided to expand to 6 more cites within the United States to bring the league to 30 at some point in time. I wanted to put together a map of the United States (shown above) that shows all 30 teams that will be part of my fictional universe.

I love his presentation and little back stories with each team (over on the Chris Creamer boards) so I am using his layout style and will provide a little blurb for each team as well.

I am going to post the logo sheet for all 6 teams with their back stories then I will get to the actual logo's jersey's and caps! Some teams will have alternate jerseys as well. Each team will have a main logo and small/cap logo. In doing all of this I have also re-created all 24 of Daniel Saline's teams using the a jersey & cap template I recently created with Adobe Illustrator borrowing from all the wonderful templates available. I found a few incorrect elements with the previous set and wanted to get them 100% correct so feel free to use them or what is currently available. So let's get started!

I cannot take credit for the logos of these expansion teams. Most logos contain elements created by me modified with the existing work from the original creators so I am not taking full credit for this work.

* I am still working on the final design for my Detroit based team so the above map for Michigan/Detroit could be tweaked when I post this team.

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 03-17-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added download link & info
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:40 PM   #2
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

The first of six expansion teams is the Baltimore Beacons. The Beacons have got their name from the ample amount of lighthouses that can be found in Maryland. There are currently 14 active lighthouses in the state of Maryland with some dating back prior to the 19th century. With a lot of water surrounding the state Beacons seemed to be a fitting name for the ball club. Baltimore has decided on using the state flag colors for their identity and are proud to use the lighthouse "light" element on their jerseys and cap. Baltimore's team has a home, road, alternate 1, and alternate 2 jersey.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Can't wait to see them all.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

The second of six expansion teams that will be joining the USBL it the Charlotte Flyers! Charlotte is a great spot for baseball. Good weather year 'round and a great fan base that is clamoring at the chance of having a professional major league level baseball team. The Charlotte Flyers have adopted their nickname and their logo off a famous piece of history that happened right in the state of North Carolina! Wilbur and Orville, the Wright brothers are famous for the first powered flight in the early 1900's in their series of bi-planes nicknamed the Flyer, the Flyer II, and the Flyer III. The Flyer's logo depicts an early era bi-plane representing the historic achievements for the Wright's. The Flyers feature a powder blue with accents of a golden sunshine yellow and bold brown coloring. The Flyers also have a home, away, and two different alternate jerseys.

Side note - I drew the scripts and hat logos by hand for this team to give them a very unique feel!

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 03-13-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:03 PM   #5
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

For team number three in my USBL expansion are the Cleveland Crows. With some major cities in Ohio such as Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati the people of Ohio have felt shafted not receiving a ball club of their own in the first 24 teams. The Crows do not really have a logical reason behind picking their team name and logo. A crow is a native bird that can be found across pretty much all of the United States. With Ohio having a lot of farm land and being mostly flat with many open fielded areas outside the major metropolitan areas they figured a Crow would be a cool mascot. The crows are rocking a black and gold color scheme as they looked to have something unique to the USBL. The crows are a more traditional team with only a home white and road gray uniforms.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:42 PM   #6
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

These are awesome. I love the idea of this league.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:51 PM   #7
kjb023
Major Leagues

Looooooove those crows!
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:36 PM   #8
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
These are awesome. I love the idea of this league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb023 View Post
Looooooove those crows!
Thanks guys! Glad you like them!
Old 03-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #9
ultimoastros
Minors (Single A)

Really looking forward to your take on the original USBL teams and your new creations. I use a number of the prior Saline creations in my fictional leagues so more options for those franchises are always welcome!
ultimoastros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:30 PM   #10
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

The 4th team that will be one of the expansion teams of the USBL is the Detroit franchise who I am still debating the direction of. With that being said we will past them up for the 5th team. Welcome professional baseball to Las Vegas! With a large increase of sports culture in the state of Nevada (Vegas Golden Knights & soon to be Las Vegas Raiders) the USBL has decided to expand there as well. The LV Lights have gotten their name based upon the nightlife that can be seen in the city and all the flashy lights and bright colors. Which is exactly how they got their name. The main logo is a simple roundel featuring a baseball and three "star lights". Their color palette features a neon pink, electric blue, and sunburst yellow with a bold black for a pop. While their logo features all these colors the Lights predominantly wanted a pink and black scheme for their jerseys and caps. One unique element to the Vegas ball club is both of their jerseys feature the entire "Las Vegas LIGHTS" scripts including the star lights on the front and sleeves. There were rumors of other strong candidates for their name and color scheme but the league put a nix on any gambling references. The lights will have a home away and one alternate jersey. Their stadium will supposedly feature a retractable roof depending on how hot the desert heat is.

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 03-13-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:33 PM   #11
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimoastros View Post
Really looking forward to your take on the original USBL teams and your new creations. I use a number of the prior Saline creations in my fictional leagues so more options for those franchises are always welcome!
Thank you for the comments! This project will not be a redesign of any of Daniel's amazing work! (At least not now, maybe as my league unfolds I will). This project is simply using his 24 teams because they are so good, and expanding with six more franchises of my own. Maybe my wording got lost in translation in my original post, but I took his designs and made all the OOTP jerseys and caps (I wanted to use high quality images and my Adobe Illustrator template (created from all the existing templates the folks here made and contributed too) for the project as well as correct a few errors I found in the existing set that was previously done).

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 03-13-2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: context
Old 03-14-2019, 11:37 AM   #12
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

While the Detroit franchise is still undergoing some design decisions and directions the sixth and final USBL expansion team to join the fray and bring the total teams up to 30 are the Louisville Jockeys. The Jockeys are based in Louisville, Kentucky and classify themselves as an old school old fashioned type of ball club. They Jockeys do not allow facial hair for any of their players and furthermore do not allow any long hairstyles. The Jockeys have payed homage to the Kentucky Derby when coming up with their name and logo. The Jockeys well play and in the newly built Churchill field which is owned by the same group of investors who own Churchill Downs where the famous Kentucky Derby is Hell. Being an old school team the Jockeys only have a white home and gray road featuring a simple color pallet of hunter green and white. Bringing some cohesiveness between the derby and jockeys. The Jockeys will have one of the larger budgets in the USBL even in a smaller market, due to their financial backing. It was once rumored they Jockeys were originally to be called the Thoroughbreds.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #13
kjb023
Major Leagues

Man, every one of these is fantastic!
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #14
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

After much debate the 4th out of 6 expansion USBL franchises, the Detroit Wolverines have revealed their identity. While the reaction of colors and team name was overwhelmingly positive from fans, the ownership brass are having some cold feet. Word on the rumor mill is they wanted to embrace a navy and yellow color scheme (which is what was revealed) but they are are a bit concerned with having such a similar color to the west coast Seattle Captains. Detroit has decided on their name to pay respect to the once was Detroit Wolverines baseball team of the late 1800's. The Wolverines wanted to have a classic looking logo that did not come across amateurish which is why they have gone the design route they did. Once again fans are happy with their look but there is already talks of a possible color change and main logo change down the road. Detroit has a nice mixture of jerseys in their line up with a home, road, alt1, alt2, and alt 3. The alt3 is a throwback that loosely represents the old-time Detroit franchise. The Wolverines are also unique with a pull over with their alt2 jersey.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #15
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

That concludes the reveal of all 6 of my USBL expansion ball clubs. Stay tuned text for the revealing of each 6 teams jersey and cap sets!
Old 03-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #16
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

And without further delay, the first team is now ready to be displayed for all to see!

The Boston Beacons are Maryland proud! Their entire uniform and logo color scheme is based on the flag of Maryland. Below are Baltimore's four jerseys.

Home Jersey:

Away Jersey:

Alternate Jersey 1:

Alternate Jersey 2:

Baltimore uses one cap for all four jerseys.

Cap 1:

Old 03-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #17
ultimoastros
Minors (Single A)

DOH! Wishful thinking on my part that you were doing all the other teams! Love your new ones though. Especially Baltimore and Cleveland. The Bombers and Kings that I use from cephasjames might be rebranded with these.
ultimoastros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:27 PM   #18
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimoastros View Post
DOH! Wishful thinking on my part that you were doing all the other teams! Love your new ones though. Especially Baltimore and Cleveland. The Bombers and Kings that I use from cephasjames might be rebranded with these.
No worries! Maybe I will tweak a few as the league unfolds down the line! Glad you like these and can get some use out of them
Old 03-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #19
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Unveiling of expansion team two, the Charlotte Flyers is underway! Rocking that powder blue with accents of a golden sunshine yellow and bold brown coloring. The Flyers come equip with a nice selection of jerseys and caps!

Home Jersey:

Away Jersey:

Alternate Jersey 1:

Alternate Jersey 2:

The Flyers have a nice mix of caps to match their jerseys!

Home Cap and Alternate Cap 1:

Away Cap:

Alternate Cap 2:

Old 03-14-2019, 08:38 PM   #20
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

I forgot to post the logos for the first two teams, so here they are:

Boston Beacons:

Boston Beacons small:

Charlotte Flyers:

Charlotte Flyers small: