Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
Mat Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any ''reset'' planned every year?

Can we anticipate a reset of our teams every year (OOTP 20) or 2019 MLB players will be add to the pool of players?
Old 12-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Dog View Post
Can we anticipate a reset of our teams every year (OOTP 20) or 2019 MLB players will be add to the pool of players?
OOTP 20 will have all brand new teams for PT. And the biggest change will be that the live cards will be adjusted throughout the regular MLB season.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #3
Mat Dog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
OOTP 20 will have all brand new teams for PT. And the biggest change will be that the live cards will be adjusted throughout the regular MLB season.
Historical players will stay the same but MLB 2018 players will change and some will leave PT (retirement)?
Old 12-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #4
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Dog View Post
Historical players will stay the same but MLB 2018 players will change and some will leave PT (retirement)?
It'll be a brand new game with new teams and new cards. The 2018 live cards will be replaced by 2019 live cards. You won't have your current team anymore unless you keep playing OOTP19 PT.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:15 PM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Live cards will be adjusted? Why would anyone buy a good player if his atributes could become bad? Seems like a crap shoot with absolutely no strategy what so ever?
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Live cards will be adjusted? Why would anyone buy a good player if his atributes could become bad? Seems like a crap shoot with absolutely no strategy what so ever?
They'll be adjusted based on how they perform in real life. So Trout would only become bad if he became bad in real life, but on the flipside, you'll have cards like a Max Muncy which would start out as basically a role player, and end up as a gold card.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:20 PM   #7
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Also look at the flipside. You can invest in cards you think will improve. I think it'll be a great new feature. And the answer to why someone would buy a good player is because they would get that player's production while the card was good. And they could possibly become even better.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:23 PM   #8
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
They'll be adjusted based on how they perform in real life. So Trout would only become bad if he became bad in real life, but on the flipside, you'll have cards like a Max Muncy which would start out as basically a role player, and end up as a gold card.
Will there be a set schedule for when live cards are adjusted? I think that would be a good move just to create some extra excitement. I know I'm already fascinated with this new aspect to the game and I'm sure a ton of other people are as well. I wouldn't want the changes to get lost in tiny increments at random times.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #9
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Given I quit watching baseball when they canceled the world series in 94 it would be a complete crapshoot for me but people who really know todays players can apply that knowledge to get up and coming guys before the prices rise I would guess....and sell guys they see as declining.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #10
Thalion
Major Leagues

That's true. People will know in advance what changes will be coming. Both ways. As someone who isn't interested in modern players, it'll be fascinating watching the auction house.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm with you here, my friend. I would hate to invest in a perfect deGrom only to see him slide to low diamond status by the end of the year.

I can see a couple of benefits though. I will probably hold the low-rated Live cards that I get in packs rather than auto-sell them. I also like that my Harrison Bader and Jack Flaherty cards would have improved over the year.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:39 PM   #12
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I'm with you here, my friend. I would hate to invest in a perfect deGrom only to see him slide to low diamond status by the end of the year.

I can see a couple of benefits though. I will probably hold the low-rated Live cards that I get in packs rather than auto-sell them. I also like that my Harrison Bader and Jack Flaherty cards would have improved over the year.

yeah I can't wait for live Bader to become a perfect like Mantle!
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:44 PM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Will there be a set schedule for when live cards are adjusted? I think that would be a good move just to create some extra excitement. I know I'm already fascinated with this new aspect to the game and I'm sure a ton of other people are as well. I wouldn't want the changes to get lost in tiny increments at random times.
I'm fairly sure we'll update cards at set times, but we'll obviously announce that process a little closer to the season next year.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:55 PM   #14
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Don’t jump on me because it is only my opinion and we all know what that is worth but........I am not sure I will like that at all. Players performances change enough as it is now. In beta I had the same player hit between 280 to 320 in difference years but at least I know what his atributes were capable of when buying him. The one good thing it will save me a lot of money. No more would I buy a big name player. That will be a plus.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #15
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Developers should be prepared next year for the onslaught of posts along the lines of

"Why did you not upgrade this player from my favorite team yet?"

Along with the inevitable

"I have invested in 50 copies of John Doe because I think he will jump from a silver to a gold in the next update"
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #16
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Developers should be prepared next year for the onslaught of posts along the lines of

"Why did you not upgrade this player from my favorite team yet?"

Along with the inevitable

"I have invested in 50 copies of John Doe because I think he will jump from a silver to a gold in the next update"
And then there will be ragequit posts when said prospect only goes to a 79.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #17
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

A couple questions on this:

Will the LIVE cards actually become gold or silver or whatever? or will the ratings just change? In other words, if I have a 79OVR player and he improves by 1 point does his card then improve in value by 900? This would have very obvious very large implications on the value of cards at auction.

How will the LIVE rating system handle injuries? If my player gets hurt and therefore has a terrible year (even on a per game basis) will his ratings suffer? Or does PT injury immunity carry over into real baseball?
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #18
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedavebrown View Post
A couple questions on this:

Will the LIVE cards actually become gold or silver or whatever? or will the ratings just change? In other words, if I have a 79OVR player and he improves by 1 point does his card then improve in value by 900? This would have very obvious very large implications on the value of cards at auction.

How will the LIVE rating system handle injuries? If my player gets hurt and therefore has a terrible year (even on a per game basis) will his ratings suffer? Or does PT injury immunity carry over into real baseball?
We'll detail this all much closer to the season next year.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #19
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

While I think the shifting ratings for live players will make for a more dynamic and interesting game environment, I also expect it will cause people to value historical cards more than they already do.

Either way, I'm looking forward to watching it play out. I expected OOTP to be a one off purchase for me, but PT is single handedly guaranteeing I will be purchasing 20.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #20
wolfslice
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedavebrown View Post
I may be one of the few hoping injuries translate to OOTP. It'll keep things spicy and make you think twice about picking up a LIVE card for an injury prone player.... or maybe you buy a cheap card banking on someone's tommy john surgery working out.

Either way, things like this would actually separate Perfect Team from other sport game card collections. Right now Perfect Team isn't doing a single original thing, imo--- not even one.
wolfslice is offline   Reply With Quote