Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM5 Update, Version 5.2.36, Now Available

The first major update for Franchise Hockey Manager 5, version 5.2.36, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Please post any problems/bugs you run into in the Bug Reports Forum (but also have a look at the reporting guidelines first when reporting bugs, please.)

The rosters have been updated to NHL opening night status; we'll continue to make corrections and adjustments to them, but there won't be a start option with updated transactions until a little later in the season.

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

Changes from version 5.1.32:

-fixed crash when right-clicking in an empty area of the search screen
-fixed crash when clicking on player name on the pregame screen
-scouting reports will now be sent at the correct time
-added player popups to several screens
-fixed some situation-specific issues that could prevent the game from continuing or cause crashes
-significant changes to shooting and shot choice routines; it looks like we have shot totals around the right level now (mostly by adding more shots from defencemen); goalie save percentages have risen significantly as a result, but modern NHL scoring is still a bit too high, particularly in the first few seasons, because the goals coming from the extra shots roughly matched the effects of changes made to lower shooting effectiveness. We'll continue to work on that, it's partly a systems issue and partly a data one. It does eventually stabilize at a level closer to current scoring numbers as game-generated players begin to dominate the player pool.
-selecting a new team or using the up/down buttons to change teams while looking at a stats view should now properly update the stats for the newly-selected team
-bridge contracts will no longer be requested by players who are already at a very high talent level
-fixed issue with home team's data columns being shifted to the right in the in-game boxscore
-addeed shots on goal and power play chances/goals to the boxscore shown while games are underway
-lowered ratings for older (>31) players created at the start of a custom game
-player popups no longer cut off the last column(s) of stats
-increased quality of players in the CHL Import Drafts. Still appears to be some issues with teams stockpiling the rights to foreign players, resulting in many draftees not moving over, working on solutions to that.
-the select manager menu will now scroll down properly if an online league has a large number of managers
-on the World menu dropdown, the Schedule option now opens the schedule of the selected tournament instead of the league (note that a tournament still has to be selected first, otherwise it will still show the league schedule)
-using back/forward keys or mouse shortcuts on the start screen no longer results in a blank screen or error message
-fixed alignment of GR/OGR/DGR and LVL columns
-when adding KHL teams via the structure editor, the generated staff no longer get Algerian birthplaces
-the team history player index no longer excludes retired players
-fixed problem resulting in a small (but still excessive) number of players being generated with Algerian nationality
-players who retire after the game starts and have their number honoured/retired are now named properly in the assign numbers dialogue when someone wants that number
-when junior teams cut down their number of overage players for the upcoming year at the end of June, the players being released should now have their WHL/OHL/QMJHL rights released properly instead of remaining with their old team
-slowed age-related decline of the fighting attribute
-on the team menu dropdown choices should now be in the same order as the horizontal team menu
-"not enough players" warning message prior to a game split into separate warnings for not enough skaters and not enough goalies
-fixed error in Goon role requirements that was resulting in that role being used far too much in lower-level leagues
-user-generated schedules no longer all start on October 5
-the "cannot be fired" checkbox no longer becomes unchecked in multiplayer games after creating a new GM with the box checked
-in an online league, editing a GM profile (via staff edit) to remove him from a team and then removing him from the league via the online tools will no longer cause other GM's to be removed as well
-the AI in historical random debut games should now draft players who would have the iron curtain draft restriction applied to them in normal games
-if a custom league with an initial draft is started on July 1 and expanded, the expansion team(s) will now take take part in the draft instead of skipping it (but there will be no expansion draft)
-in random debut historical games, if the July 1 start is selected, the initial draft will now be held on July 2 rather than just before the start of the preseason
-various small UI and text fixes

Thank you for supporting Out of the Park Developments.

Last edited by JeffR; 10-12-2018 at 11:38 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #2
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

JeffR

Question

So when I expanded the NHL without going through the expansion draft say for example i brought in Seattle as the next team but then created Quebec outside of the expansion draft. Seattle would have AHL and ECHL teams but when i would go to AHl and ECHL and create a extra team for say Quebec is there a way that this can be added so that you can manual change the affiliate of the team. I know you had mentioned that it was possible but I haven't been able to locate it yet in the game and not sure if it is in the game yet or if it was an idea that you guys were mentioning that you would eventually be able to do.
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
JeffR

Question

So when I expanded the NHL without going through the expansion draft say for example i brought in Seattle as the next team but then created Quebec outside of the expansion draft. Seattle would have AHL and ECHL teams but when i would go to AHl and ECHL and create a extra team for say Quebec is there a way that this can be added so that you can manual change the affiliate of the team. I know you had mentioned that it was possible but I haven't been able to locate it yet in the game and not sure if it is in the game yet or if it was an idea that you guys were mentioning that you would eventually be able to do.
Yeah, it was added in the release version last Friday. As long as you're on July 1, you can go to Quebec's team edit screen and, at the bottom of the Team Details section, set an AHL and/or ECHL affiliate from any team in those leagues that doesn't currently have a parent.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
umwoz
Minors (Single A)

Goalie stats back up, I’m ready to sink some hours in.

Great work team!
umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #5
Unsung_Hero
Bat Boy

Like the sound of young stars not wanting bridge deals! Hopefully we can get retained salary for trades soon!
Unsung_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #6
deicide04
Bat Boy

Will I need to start a new game to get the updates, or will they be applied to existing saves?
deicide04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deicide04 View Post
Will I need to start a new game to get the updates, or will they be applied to existing saves?
Depends on the exact nature of what was changed. Anything related to data that's stored in the save will likely remain the same as it is in an existing save. Things like user interface changes, AI behaviour, player generation, and internal game engine adjusments will be applied to existing saves.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #8
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

What sort of data are you referring to?
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #9
Unsung_Hero
Bat Boy

Matthews and Marner still don’t want anything longer than a 2 year deal and for some reason the Leafs only have $1.8 million in cash to offer Nylander?

Still lots of things that need to be rectified in this game.
Unsung_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #10
deicide04
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Depends on the exact nature of what was changed. Anything related to data that's stored in the save will likely remain the same as it is in an existing save. Things like user interface changes, AI behaviour, player generation, and internal game engine adjusments will be applied to existing saves.
Awesome. Thanks for all your hard work!

Side question: Could the award AI be tweaked to be more realistic? In my sims so far, the Art Ross winner has never been nominated for the Hart, even if he's on a playoff team. Similarly, I'll have defenseman nominated for the Hart and yet not for the Norris, which would never happen in real life.
deicide04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #11
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you say whether the scouting reports issue is resolved in existing saves? Thanks!
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #12
Comte
Bat Boy

Did you guys fix the disappearing mail/messages bug yet?
Comte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comte View Post
Did you guys fix the disappearing mail/messages bug yet?
Still working on finding the cause, some people don't get it at all, others get it in every game.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:26 PM   #14
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

Still Daniel Sedin has a doubled 2017/2018 season and has 110 points in history for this season so he is the leader ahead of McDavid. I thought that such a small mistake would be corrected and he still is.
Tom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #15
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom88 View Post
Still Daniel Sedin has a doubled 2017/2018 season and has 110 points in history for this season so he is the leader ahead of McDavid. I thought that such a small mistake would be corrected and he still is.
Change his name to Wayne Gretzky. Problem solved.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #16
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
Can you say whether the scouting reports issue is resolved in existing saves? Thanks!
Yes, it will.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #17
JoelHD82
Bat Boy

Challenge Mode

Does the new update fix challenge mode so it works and keeps leaderboards?
JoelHD82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #18
JoelHD82
Bat Boy

also

no in game achievements for fhm?
JoelHD82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #19
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelHD82 View Post
Does the new update fix challenge mode so it works and keeps leaderboards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelHD82 View Post
no in game achievements for fhm?
Both should already be working. You do need to be signed into your profile via the login at the top of the start screen, though.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom88 View Post
First I've heard of it. Looks like it affected every skater who played in the NHL last season and retired before mid-September. I've removed the duplicate entries, that'll be in the next update.